Quantcast

Collegiate Nationals ROLL CALL

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Who's in for the biggest party (err, serious bike racing) of the year?

The Colorado School of Mines team is road tripping it down there with 13-14 racers, looking to get some good east coast riding in.

We're booked for a slopeside condo at Sugar. CU and University of Wyoming will be nearby from what I hear. Anyone else staying on the slopes?

It's time to dust off those costumes for the banquet . . . :cheers:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Hey guys, Windrock is right on the way to Sugar just off I-40 in Knoxville about 3 hrs from Sugar. PM me if you'd like to stop by and get in some runs before or after. We have about 11 expert level DH runs with 2700 feet of vert.

biketar827

Chimp
Mar 11, 2005
Cal Poly SLO and Davis will be hanging out on the mountain for sure. Watch out for us, we will be sliding all over the freakin place. Roots... what is that?

So what is this I hear about possible practice on Thursday? I thought it was kind of ridiculous that there are only 3 hours of practice on Friday and that the lift has a 28 min ride to the top!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Ask for directions to Sugartop Condos. Once at that security gate, veer slightly left of the gate and turn left into the condo complex there. you'll be at the 3/4 point of the mountain. Take an immediate right in the condos and you'll see the slope on your left. Don't park at the gate. Don't leave a car in the lot. Take it back to the bottom or it will get towed. Shuttle.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Damn full time studentness and parttime workingness and full time being broke. Sure would be fun to head out East and throw food at "coaches".

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
It should be a good time having riders from schools all over here. I wish I could race but I didn't do any of the preliminary ones. People should PM me if you wanna do any riding/drinking.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
It should be a good time having riders from schools all over here. I wish I could race but I didn't do any of the preliminary ones. People should PM me if you wanna do any riding/drinking.
let me just second that you should DEFINITELY hook up with mulestar for some activities...what with the ASU campus in full effect!

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
UF posse will be there. dont worry, codding graduated.

and get ready for the dustiest slalom course ever if the drought keeps up. its like the complete opposite of seven springs two years ago.

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
I thought it was kind of ridiculous that there are only 3 hours of practice on Friday and that the lift has a 28 min ride to the top!
We've collectively decided that Lees Mcrae is making a run for the Gold this year. By allowing only minimal practice on their home turf, they are trying to thwart the Colorado school dominance in the DH . . . it's a conspiracy I tell ya.

An entire day of slalom practice but just a few hours for dh? That's bassackwards! Should be bueno, though.

Anyway, I emailed the promoter about 3 weeks ago addressing the minimal practice issue - we now have 4.5 hours as a result. Check the schedule.

biketar827

Chimp
Mar 11, 2005
4.5 hu? well I guess that is a little better. No word on Thursday?

Could we poach? It sounds like our place is 1/2 way up the mountain.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
4.5 hu? well I guess that is a little better. No word on Thursday?

Could we poach? It sounds like our place is 1/2 way up the mountain.
Buying a lift ticket at Sugar Mountain is not your liability waiver for the trail system. The trail system is open to the public at no charge from dawn to dusk to avoid implied liability. :thumb:

biketar827

Chimp
Mar 11, 2005
Buying a lift ticket at Sugar Mountain is not your liability waiver for the trail system. The trail system is open to the public at no charge from dawn to dusk to avoid implied liability. :thumb:
Rental Van=mountain mobbing shuttle runs

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Watch out for the haggard as piss Devinci being ridden by the drunk dinosaur! PB for the win!

biketar827

Chimp
Mar 11, 2005
I propose that we choose a neutral race site for 2008.
Something in another coutry, that is having summer right now.
How does New Zealand sound?

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
Front Range Community College Cycling will be there, all one of me! The sweater vests will be gunning for a D1 title to add to their already prestigious D2 title! This year I will try to not break myself within the first ten minutes! Saturday night I expect will hopefully be one big party with SL on Sunday!