Quantcast

Continental Kaiser Redesign?

SirRidealot

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
The Bike Park
Der Kaiser was a real confidence-boost when I put them on. The grip is unreal compared to the Minions I've been riding the last few seasons.

But they roll slower and wear faster, the middle knobs on the rear comes loose in the weirdest way, almost like they are cut at the bottom. Could have something to do with the ladder bridge landings on the tracks I've been riding lately but I've never seen that before. Going to try something else on the rear but I'm keeping the Der Kaiser up front for sure.

Just my experience.

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
I have found the side kobs on the Kaiser to be too low on the casing to engage properly, at least in the conditions I ride.
I've been running cut Barons for a little while now and loving them. The super sticky black chili rubber has amazing traction and is outlasting any other soft compound tire I have tried. The tires outlast Maxxis 3C by about three times, and about double the life of a Kenda.
I can't wait to get my hands on some of the Raamstiens (sp?) when they come out, they look to be an improved version of the Kaiser. Better shoulder knob placement and better center knob layout.

A pic of the cut Baron vs uncut for those who care.

Attachments