Quantcast

Crankworx - Live thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Quick: It's your duty as an even (broadcast) host to come up with a drinking game for the slalom races.

-sip for every double manual

-sip for every bar drag on the ground

-rip your shirt off in front of a mirror and beat a beer bottle/can on your head while screaming "you the fvcking CHAMP!!" every time brian lopes wins a heat or gives somebody a pissed off princess look.

That kind of thing.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
-rip your shirt off in front of a mirror and beat a beer bottle/can on your head while screaming "you the fvcking CHAMP!!" every time brian lopes wins a heat or gives somebody a pissed off princess look.

That kind of thing.
But I only own 65 shirts...

Peacock

Chimp
Oct 23, 2009
Rossland, BC
Dual Slalom practice just wrapped up, timed runs will be happening momentarily. People who looked fast in practice: Jared Rando, Troy Brosnan, Stevie Smith, among others. Some vicious crashes as well. here are a couple of pics, full report to come tonight!

The course is fast but tight. The rain has made it nice and tacky, inclement weather can be handy sometimes (if it eases up, that is).

Attachments

Peacock

Chimp
Oct 23, 2009
Rossland, BC
Quali's are done, Mick Hannah and Jill Kintner were fastest down the course over two runs in their respective categories. Fastest run overall goes to Gee Atherton with a 27.14. Full Results below:

Pro Men

1. Mick Hannah - 54.57
2. Steve Smith - 54.71
3. Gee Atherton - 54.72
4. Mitch Ropelato - 54.95
5. Bryn Atkinson - 55.32
6. Brian Lopes - 55.33
7. Troy Brosnan - 55.37
8. Michal Prokop - 55.82
9. Mikey Sylvestri - 55.95
10. Sam Blenkinsop - 56.22

Pro Women

1. Jill Kintner - 1:01.64
2. Melissa Buhl - 1:06.27
3. Emmeline Ragot - 1:06.62
4. Micayla Gatto - 1:09.14
5. Fionn Griffiths - 1:15.32

Last edited:

Peacock

Chimp
Oct 23, 2009
Rossland, BC
Pro Men:
1. Gee Atherton
2. Mitch Ropelato
3. Mick Hannah
4. Troy Brosnan

Pro Women
1. Micayla Gatto
2. Emmeline Ragot
3. Jill Kintner
4. Melissa Buhl

Full wrap-up article and photos to follow, as well as a video covering all the action tomorrow. Cheers

connor

Chimp
Mar 7, 2008
Pro Men:
1. Gee Atherton
2. Mitch Ropelato
3. Mick Hannah
4. Troy Brosnan

Pro Women
1. Micayla Gatto
2. Emmeline Ragot
3. Jill Kintner
4. Melissa Buhl

Full wrap-up article and photos to follow, as well as a video covering all the action tomorrow. Cheers
nice, Micayla pretty much beats all the guys at indoor 4x in the winter. she's speedy on the little bike.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I think if CK rode Champery, Val Di Sole, Maribor, like he did today, he would have been on the podium at those events, if not won. He rode so well today, like the hero he is. FWIW, he had the 2nd fastest spilt at Fort Will...until he flatted.

CK is legit.

Signed,
One of the Board of Directors of the Kovarik Fanboy club.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I think if CK rode Champery, Val Di Sole, Maribor, like he did today, he would have been on the podium at those events, if not won. He rode so well today, like the hero he is. FWIW, he had the 2nd fastest spilt at Fort Will...until he flatted.

CK is legit.

Signed,
One of the Board of Directors of the Kovarik Fanboy club.
If AC raced those races? :shocked:

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Love that Nico was top 5, although I was gunning for a win for him! AC is just one of the great cyclist ever, and, a bit like Graves, capable of switching between BMX and MTB (DH, Megas, etc...) and to be the absolute best at both. Crazy stuff.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
LD was hooting and hollering and saying hi to people all the way down the track. Stik, your wife is awesome.

Steve Smith killing it!

More in the gallery daily. http://transcendmagazine.com/gallery/crankworx10
Rad pic of Stevie! He crashed in his run too I'd imagine?

Leigh was having fun, till some douche in the woods said "you doing good, but you still suck"...

We are dropping kid off at camp and headed out for runs, maybe see you out there.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Rad pic of Stevie! He crashed in his run too I'd imagine?

Leigh was having fun, till some douche in the woods said "you doing good, but you still suck"...

We are dropping kid off at camp and headed out for runs, maybe see you out there.
Thanks! was a rough afternoon until i finally found a spot I liked way low down the mountain.

Douches are assholes. We cheered for her, and she cheered back, said hi, and made loud "i'm having tons of fun noises"... all in about a 50 foot section.

Same here for riding (minus the kid, the dog instead). L is doing an every run challenge today, trying to hit every single run on the mountain. I am not. Maybe leigh can jump in with her on the stuff up top? text me.

Last edited:

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
Awesome.
I hope Keene prints those results out and makes a poster of them for his wall.
That's a helluva top five to be in.
He's a nice guy and a beast on the bike.:thumb:
No doubt! The list of people that can say they beat Nico in a DH race is very short.

Turpen up there too, must be something in the SC dirt that makes you rip @ Whistler.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
where'd Nico finish? and did his bike maintain the lightweight build he showed us in the Dirt magazine?
thanks... any info on the build out there in internetland?

and, I thought I'd say it's awesome that Leov was right back up there after having been heli-lifted off the mountain in Val di Sole. Dude has to be a hardman...
to answer my own question... http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5460734/

looks like the new tires he's developing with Hutchinson didn't make the cut... (though in the next pic, Blenki is on Hutchinsons...hmmm)

Last edited:

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Stik, we watched the ladies on the chute on OS just before you hit the open into the step-ups. It was pretty greasy through there and I'd say Leigh looked about equal best with Chausson through that section. We were all like 'who the hell was that' until a photo pro informed us.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Stik, we watched the ladies on the chute on OS just before you hit the open into the step-ups. It was pretty greasy through there and I'd say Leigh looked about equal best with Chausson through that section. We were all like 'who the hell was that' until a photo pro informed us.
This just made Leigh's night...looks like I don't have to haha.

she keeps it real for almost 40!

thx

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Ha !

Yeah I'd be quite happy being only 18secs down on the girl who won the last World Cup round. Especially over a 16 minute plus track.