Quantcast

Cry me a river Yankees

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Slugman said:
Absolutely nothing usefull... and the Sox still one!

And congrats to Ortiz for the MVP!
Won? Since I have nothing to gloat about I guess I just have to correct spelling :D

I wonder what the Sox will do when playing in the NL stadium for Ortiz...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
The team Jeter is on lost - YEAH!!

The curse of A-rod !

What is the only team ever to be up 3-0, and end up losing a (playoff) series??

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WOO HOO!!!!

A NY Post writer on ESPN radio this morning saidf A-Rod is the face of Yankee failure. HARSH! But I love it. :)

GO SOX!!! World Series bound! WOO HOO! This is awesome. To beat NY the way we did.....unreal. Take that curse and stick it up your ass.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I had to laugh last night - after Johnny Damon hit the grand slam home run I called up IAB and MBC - and then I think it was Tim McCarver who says "I betcha there are a ton of Red Sox fans out there who just picked up their phones to call a friend...yada yada yada"

He was right!

Go Sox!!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
I am so friggin charged up this morning, I just don't know to do with myself.
Personally, I'm going around my building and harassing all the Yankees fans.

I came in and gave an off key, and very loud rendition of "We Are the Champions" to my coworker who loves the Yankees. She's trying to blow it off like she's not really a huge Yankees fan, and doesn't really care that they got beaten like ugly, unwanted, red-headed stepchildren...

Yeah, right. I can see it eating her up inside...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I Are Baboon said:
Righto! And never in the 101 year history of baseball. Until yesterday, of course. :dancing:
It was the BEST series I've EVER seen!!!!!! Even better than the 1988 & 1990 A's vs. Sox playoffs when the A's swept them in both series:D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
We Red Sox fans must remember that this was just the ALCS - and as sweet as it was to beat the Yankees - coming back and making history by winning four straight - the season is not over. Close won't cut it this year.

The Sox still have another series to win - and hopefully they'll do it. They need to completely reverse the curse - beating the Yankees was Step 1 - now winning the World Series will seal the deal.

Go Sox!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I Are Baboon said:
WOO HOO!!!!

A NY Post writer on ESPN radio this morning saidf A-Rod is the face of Yankee failure. HARSH! But I love it. :)
Did I miss the part where A-rod lost the series by himself? Jeter didn't have an RBI until game 5 I think. The whole team stunk up the joint for 4 games, A-rod slapping a glove didn't amount to sh!t...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Echo said:
Did I miss the part where A-rod lost the series by himself? Jeter didn't have an RBI until game 5 I think. The whole team stunk up the joint for 4 games, A-rod slapping a glove didn't amount to sh!t...
True, the Yankees had game 4 wrapped up.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Echo said:
Sorry to N8 ya, but here is a link to the article...

http://www.nypost.com/sports/30761.htm

After all the sh!t that went down with A-Rod this year, us Sox fans are loving the NY media blaming A-Rod for the collapse. Obviously this is a team sport, but even an average A-Rod performance in game 4-7 would have meant a yankee victory.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the only other thing this can slightly compare to was when the bruins finally bounced the canadiens out of the playoffs a decade or so back, in the cam neely era. the ghosts of "too many men on the ice" were banished...

hell of a series, and for once the sox fans can do the strutting. :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I Are Baboon said:
Haha, reading stuff like that is hilarious, since I didn't care who won. Every Yankee writer is going to whine and cry and blame whoever they can. It would be the same way in Boston if they lost.

Seriously though, what fun is this? The curse is broken, whoop-dee-sh!t :p Nobody outside of Boston or NYC will remember this past Christmas. It was way cooler when there was something worthy of talking about.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Echo said:
Seriously though, what fun is this? The curse is broken, whoop-dee-sh!t :p Nobody outside of Boston or NYC will remember this past Christmas. It was way cooler when there was something worthy of talking about.
baseball is a game of stats. you think people are going to forget the only team to ever come back from an 0-3 deficit against their arch-rivals? even people not interested in either team were proclaiming this as one of the greatest baseball series ever.

you will be seeing these games on ESPN classic for years to come.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
baseball is a game of stats. you think people are going to forget the only team to ever come back from an 0-3 deficit against their arch-rivals? even people not interested in either team were proclaiming this as one of the greatest baseball series ever.

you will be seeing these games on ESPN classic for years to come.
The biggest collapse in sports history will not soon be forgotten.