Quantcast

Cycling tattoos

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Some I oddly liked.

Still thinking of doing a pin up girl on a bike from the cover of Dirt Rag to cover my right quad.

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
I dig the Specialized S with the chain wrapped around it on that chicks leg. And the chain ring with the Ithucus and crosses and Crown of thorns is pretty saweet too. Both have really good storied behind them as well!

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
Makes me want a tatoo even more now

I liked the one with the crossed pistons and the drive cog.

I might just get that except get a bass and a mosin nagant in an X formation inside the drive cog

Some of those are freaking awesome, too, like the kid on the trike, haha

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz

I think I am doing this chick to cover my outer right thigh in January

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Jimmy, love you like an Arkansas sister, but tattooed up biker girls are just the hottest thing around. Inked up, bad ass, and you know they'll let you play the back nine. What more could you want? A riding buddy, a drinking buddy, and you can get her naked in a bar bathroom. Good times for all.

Wait, are you a Canadian?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Man, and to think I give my son grief for his "flaming marshmallow on a stick" tattoo :rolleyes:
Went to a concert over the weekend and was blown away by the number of "gag" tattoos I saw. I need to get into the tattoo removal business. Something tells me a tattoo of a whoopie cushion will not seem so funny after a few years.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Went to a concert over the weekend and was blown away by the number of "gag" tattoos I saw. I need to get into the tattoo removal business. Something tells me a tattoo of a whoopie cushion will not seem so funny after a few years.
Funny you should say that. His first tattoo was a comic sheriffs badge on his chest.

While drunk one night, my son admitted to me that he has had second thoughts about the marshmallow. The marshmallow and a Social D skeleton are the only visible ones he has. As cool as the marshmallow is (it's actually done quite well), the joke has long since passed.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
......tattooed up biker girls are just the hottest thing around. Inked up, bad ass, and you know they'll let you play the back nine. What more could you want? A riding buddy, a drinking buddy, and you can get her naked in a bar bathroom. Good times for all.
I don't care what anyone says about you, Dirt. You're ok in my book.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Jimmy, love you like an Arkansas sister, but tattooed up biker girls are just the hottest thing around. Inked up, bad ass, and you know they'll let you play the back nine. What more could you want? A riding buddy, a drinking buddy, and you can get her naked in a bar bathroom. Good times for all.
Tattoos are cool, I'm just not a fan of face metal.

And who's to say a chick has to be inked up to get with in the bar bathroom? :clue:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Speaking of gag tattoos, my buddy just got a terrible one: a bright-red name tag on his chest that says, "Hello, my name is: Austin".

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
The marshmallow I like. I only saw a couple of the bike ones I liked. The labyrinths inside the chainrings were cool. I have considered getting the bike sign bike but I think I would only do it if it was part of a bigger piece.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I like gag tattoos provided they are well done (goes for any tattoo, really). Personality will reflect in tattoos, and some people don't take themselves very seriously. Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like gag tattoos provided they are well done (goes for any tattoo, really). Personality will reflect in tattoos, and some people don't take themselves very seriously. Nothing wrong with that, IMO.
But it is like telling the same bad joke over and over and over again. RRIC analogy I guess.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I don't care what anyone says about you, Dirt. You're ok in my book.
Thank you thank you, we do try.

Tattoos are cool, I'm just not a fan of face metal.

And who's to say a chick has to be inked up to get with in the bar bathroom? :clue:
PM me so I can tell you why lip/tongue piercings are good things.

I am not saying its mandatory that she be inked up, but if you're trying to pull it off, its good to have road maps and obvious land marks for those who might join you for some face down in the urinal cake good times.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
But it is like telling the same bad joke over and over and over again. RRIC analogy I guess.

I see it more as reminding yourself of a joke that not only once made you laugh, but had some sort of impact on your life - as minimal as it may have been, rather than telling it over and over again.

Provided the tattoo was thought out - even if it's a gag tattoo that appears to have zero meaning - it has meaning. Hell, even poorly thought-out, regretfull tattoos mean something.... "Hey, that was a baaaaad decision - Let's avoid that next time...."

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
How do you get screen shots/save pics on internet explorer like yall did with the chica on the bike?
click through the slide show, and it'll dump you to a flickr page. right-click on picture, do "copy location" and paste into a thread here with img tags. for flickr, you have to erase anything after the .jpg in the file location (it has some random stuff afterwards).