Quantcast

Damn it

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Thanks for the info. Mine's not that bad, but it's not very well lined up either. How was the recovery time as far as day to day stuff goes? My car's a manual, so driving's kind of an issue, etc.
well, you are worse off than me because I had a spare automatic vehicle that I could drive and it was my left shoulder so I could hold the wheel at the bottom while still keeping my arm in the proper position. The surgery made the initial recovery much quicker. I have strange sensitivity around the point of incision though. other than that, it made my recovery much quicker because of the severity of the break.

good luck and heal up quick mang!:thumb:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Thanks everybody. I'm not rushing into surgery or anything, I was just suspecting that it would be deemed necessary. I've got an orthopedist appointment set up, I'll see what he's got to say and go from there.

Weirdly, I'm way, way less lopsided that I have been the last couple days. The obvious difference in shoulder height and arm length is gone, and where before I could feel a big edge in the bone where it was displaced, the gap is way smaller. I think things have actually shifted for the better on their own. Maybe.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Saw an orthopedist this morning. Surgery's my call, not necessarily critical, but definitely on the table. He came in having only seen the xrays ready to recommend it pretty strongly, but I am feeling pretty good and my range of motion is decent, so that backed him off some. Been researching the pros and cons all afternoon, seems like there aren't any big downsides to surgery besides the cost, and the standard risks of any operation, ie. infection, etc. Granted, those are both significant. Letting it heal on its own seems likely to work tolerably well, considering how broken it was, but it's not going to be perfect, and he things some semi permanent discomfort is likely. Decisions.