Quantcast

Danny "Hart Attack" Hart is my new fave

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Like all the other US based fans the Gwinner is amazing and gives us someone to cheer for the win for the first time in a long time. However, Danny Hart, has by far been the most exciting rider to watch this season. I hope, at the end of the season, someone can put together his best clips from Freecaster. The guy is so loose I can't believe he finishes races at all let alone on the podium.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Should I start a what-cigarettes-are-the-fastest thread?

Hart is bonkers to watch. Loving the WC this season.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
I still can't believe his run at MSA especially coming into the finish area, how far he went off the jump before the jumps onto the finish line, he flat landed it practically! he is so fast and so much fun to watch! so loose and so wild.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
oh yeah...the kid is out of his gord....

i love the momentum gwin has and i want to see him win the overall, but i really want danny to stay healthy(physically, not mentally) and win a race or two....

watching his run at st. anne i don't know HOW on earth he didn't win...he looked so much faster than anyone else....he must have made a couple small mistakes off camera

it's a great year for racing

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
speaking of balls out crazy... who was the guy in yellow w/ a french name. Was looking crazy fast but very loose. His front tire slide out coming around that rocky corner before the 2 big dips in the woods.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
speaking of balls out crazy... who was the guy in yellow w/ a french name. Was looking crazy fast but very loose. His front tire slide out coming around that rocky corner before the 2 big dips in the woods.
fabien pedemanaud

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
why he puffs mad darts or something ???

anyway,some of the fastest puff.
anyway he is mental,I love everything about him his style he is in or out.

I love the fact Gwin is hitting the podium,he was super chill wen I spoke with him at worlds last year.But I also want to see some hungry competition in the futur.And I think lots of racers are giving a do or die approach,IE the ones getting injured and mech's,so my guess the next few races will be quite something else.

If he is in scott 11 yellow that is Fabien

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
My computer just plain refuses to cooperate with freecaster now :( any iPhoneable links to Danny's run? Not much of it on the Dirt finals vid.

Seeing as this thread has already been hijacked, what happened to Nick Beer this year? Expected him to do well this year.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Hart is mad fast...but imagine him in a skin suit. 145-155lb riders on 4+ minute courses with poofy suits on trying to punch a hole in the wind.

I hate skin suits, but man...it would offset some of the weight advantages of bigger riders. What's Gwin weigh in at compared to Gee or Mig-gnar?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hart is mad fast...but imagine him in a skin suit. 145-155lb riders on 4+ minute courses with poofy suits on trying to punch a hole in the wind.

I hate skin suits, but man...it would offset some of the weight advantages of bigger riders. What's Gwin weigh in at compared to Gee or Mig-gnar?
I think it's safe to say that you are literally the only person who watches that kid race and thinks "but dayum, what if he was in a leotard!!"

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
So agree Scott!

Hart's sooo rowdy, yet somehow pulls out of the wowest moments ever... Pretty much overshot that second-to-last jump by 20 feet...?!?

Brosnan was no slouch to watch either.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
My computer just plain refuses to cooperate with freecaster now :( any iPhoneable links to Danny's run? Not much of it on the Dirt finals vid.

Seeing as this thread has already been hijacked, what happened to Nick Beer this year? Expected him to do well this year.
my pc fails freecaster too,lucky this is out.....

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirttv-msa-world-cup-finals.html
try this?
http://www.mtbworldcup.com/dhi/videos/1014892/replay-mens-race-uci-world-cup-2011-dhi-4-mont-sainte-anne-can

also gwinny/ratboy head to head.
http://www.mtbworldcup.com/dhi/past_event/uci-mtb-world-cup-2011-mont-sainte-anne-can

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

why don't you have a seat over there?

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
I like this:

"what is the key to the race today?"

"Guy with the fastest time to the bottom is gonna win..."

Excellent answer Sir!

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
This. That kid is young and dangerous to say the least. Hart is loose but Brosnan is silky smooth....
For me his (EDIT: Brosnan's) run was the most amazing. Pure beauty on a bike. I haven't seen anyone ride as light on a bike since "The Alien" himself, Nico Vouilloz.

Last edited:

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Like all the other US based fans the Gwinner is amazing and gives us someone to cheer for the win for the first time in a long time. However, Danny Hart, has by far been the most exciting rider to watch this season. I hope, at the end of the season, someone can put together his best clips from Freecaster. The guy is so loose I can't believe he finishes races at all let alone on the podium.
Agreed, the kid is looser than a mother of siamese octuplets. Best rider to watch by far, somehow he just keeps winning russian roulette!

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Some amazing Danny Hart pix to mix in this thread,Hart is my favorite rider next to the Gwinner & CG.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
That Ian McLennan one from Ft Bill has been my desktop background since the day after the race. Such a rad photo, can't wait till Hart actually wins one - surely it's only a matter of time.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Good thing he shreds, cause I can't understand a damn word he says. Very fun to watch, he will for sure put one together for the win soon.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Hard not to like Hart, he's just dirty. Brosnan, though, was the most impressive to me at St. Anne. He's racing against legendary men and he's not even out of highschool.

I don't want to bag on Mullaly but considering the hype around Worlds last year and the "showdown", they appear to be in different leagues. Nicco (from the little camera time I saw) doesn't appear to be having fun. He seemed very straight faced with little to no socializing while he was up on the Hot Seat stage. I think the kid felt a ton of pressure to be the next american phenom and is carrying that with him. Hopefully I'm wrong and he's having a blast, but if not , he needs to shake off that feeling of responsibility and just ride hard and find the fun again.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I don't want to bag on Mullaly but considering the hype around Worlds last year and the "showdown", they appear to be in different leagues. Nicco (from the little camera time I saw) doesn't appear to be having fun. He seemed very straight faced with little to no socializing while he was up on the Hot Seat stage. I think the kid felt a ton of pressure to be the next american phenom and is carrying that with him. Hopefully I'm wrong and he's having a blast, but if not , he needs to shake off that feeling of responsibility and just ride hard and find the fun again.
I'm sure Neko's a good kid, and I bet we'll have some folks here personally attesting to that. From my perspective, though, I just watched a kid with a factory ride and few excuses to not do well sulk his way through a race for the umpteenth time.

It certainly seems as if the pressure may be hampering his ability to just enjoy riding. I'm sure racing is the center of his universe, but I hope he can put riding a bike in perspective and at least appear to enjoy it a bit more.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
From my perspective, though, I just watched a kid with a factory ride and few excuses to not do well sulk his way through a race for the umpteenth time.
so howd you do last week at MSA? or at Leogang? he's ranked 64th, well ahead of many seasoned pros in his first real season racing WC's.
thanks for the laugh this morning :rolleyes:

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Go easy on the boy, what is he 16? You'd be lucky to see most lads outside of their bedroom at that age and he's qualifying for WC's! Just 'cos he's not laughing/joking and acting like a prat doesn't mean he's not enjoying himself I bet, some are a great deal more subdued than others especially infront of people/cameras! Get behind him instead of knocking him down!

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Go easy on the boy, what is he 16? You'd be lucky to see most lads outside of their bedroom at that age and he's qualifying for WC's! Just 'cos he's not laughing/joking and acting like a prat doesn't mean he's not enjoying himself I bet, some are a great deal more subdued than others especially infront of people/cameras! Get behind him instead of knocking him down!
This. Saw Neko race several times at Snowshoe and some other local races in past years and he's always been pretty quiet and reserved, even in victory. Definitely not sulky/whiny.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
He also had injuries last year too but with the speed of progress from some of the other juniors I am sure he is feel some pressure though. However pressure should be good to help him take his game to the next level.

I was more impressed with Brook McDonald last weekend though than Danny. So strong and composed. Just look at his line through the last rocks so smooth.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Was not my intention to tear him down, and I've certainly derailed this thread but I guess my point was in favor of Brosnan, who is the same age, was only ahead of Nekko by less than a second at Worlds last year but this year he's within reach of the podium and putting huge chunks of time in his next closest competitor (junior).

Hope to see Nekko moving up for the US...it will be interesting to see Rude in the mix as well.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I've met the kid before too with Geritt at the Open. He was pretty bashful and humble seeming. Keep in mind there are all sorts of things going on with pros none of us know.

Anything from minor to severe injuries, illness, exhaustion, peaking and or training. Heck, for all we know, he may have a specific event he is training up to and Mte. Saint Anne was not the event he's shooting for.

Or maybe he screwed up in his run someplace. It's a 5 minute course and we didn't even see Gwin's off...and it was in the second turn on the track!

Can you imagine how many offs riders had off camera on a course that long? Pedemaund somehow crashed twice into the cameras. The randomness of that happening is pretty insane if you think about it.

Can't judge one rider on one face. If you knew nothing of Gwin's runs in the past few years and only saw him at the finish...you'd think he was pissy and hated racing. :D