Quantcast

Darth Vader meets 1980 (My 08' V10)

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Don't listen to these guys saying it 'looks sick'. It looks great!
I like it.

damn kids and their new vocabulary

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
frame weight?QUOTE]

I apologize, I never weighted my frame/shock/seatcollar/axle before building it. I hear that 08 powdercoats are roughly 10.1 with everything listed. Next time someone gets an ano they should weight it for us since i forgot. I'd like to see how many grams anodized saves over powdercoat.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Pre-ordered it when they first became available. So if anyone needs an 08' 8.75 x 2.75 DHX 5.0, then $349 shipped and its yours :spam:
So the 2008 V10 is still 8.75x2.75"? :disgust1:
I thought they finally went to a 9X3" shock and reduce the leverage ratio

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Then his shock was blown.

450 is the correct spring weight for a 170lb rider to get the correct ammount of sag, I know because I am one.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Then his shock was blown.

450 is the correct spring weight for a 170lb rider to get the correct ammount of sag, I know because I am one.
Was it now?
The shock did eventually blow, but only after repeatedly bottoming out over a period of time, and was NOT blown while the problem was still occurring. Sag was properly set to SC spec. too. I know this because I tuned it. Joe is a pretty agressive rider and likes to huck a little, but thats what DH bikes are for. The 600 pound spring along with some revalving by Push certainly helped matters, but the V10 is still massively overleveraged. 3.6:1 is really high in the day and age and the fact that Santa Cruz maintains this for weight savings is pretty dissappointing to me.
The difference in weight would be easily displaced by a ti spring. Now I know that the raw leverage ratio number isn't the whole story and Santa Cruz may have updated the design not to blow through the travel so easily. But still.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I would suspect the Push service is why he was recommended a 600lb spring. Everything they return is recommended with higher pressures than factory recommendations, I wouldnt be suprised if the same were true for coils.

However, its still suspect to me that he was excessively bottoming a properly set-up shock with the correct spring weight that wasn't blown. It's not an issue I, or anyone I've spoken with, has had with previous V10s (I rode one in 06'). Hucker or not.

Dec 11, 2007
hey man i got a question about your really sick v10! so how does she feel? does the suspension compress easily? is it one of those bikes u can drop and it just sits there? how does it feel compared to the old ones? its alright if u havnt ridden the bike on the trail im just looking for the parking lot bounce test.

Killerbarbies

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Slovakia
a question about the Vivid...have you had it worked on to suit the V10 because from what I understand the DHX shocks were worked on to suit the V10 suspension and ordinary aftermarket shocks don't feel right

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Any chance you or anyone else here knows the weight of the chromag flat bar? In stock guise (unextended).