Quantcast

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Little screw on each top cap, dont lose it! beeeep.

New meaning 2002+ 8" Model versus the 2001 and prior 170mm

200mm - 12lbs
170mm - 9lbs <-- the light one had no bleeder.
Why did they gain three pounds?!
Was it because they had the extra long stanchions for converting to a "super monster"?

Gridds

Monkey
Dec 18, 2008
Great Britain
i dont recall one on my original model one, but then again its been so long
Hmm, mine were a 2003 model. It was a tiny allen head countersunk screw with a tiny o-ring seal. You had to be careful not to lose it but there was a definite "pfffsst" of air when you unscrewed it and it seriously sorted out the forks when done from time to time.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Dear Marzocchi

Please make a carbon Shiver DC at 6,7lbs with air catridge,hydraulic bottom out,HSC&LSC,Rebound and RC3 damping.40mm stanchions & 203mm travel

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dear Marzocchi

Please make a carbon Shiver DC at 6,7lbs with air catridge,hydraulic bottom out,HSC&LSC,Rebound and RC3 damping.40mm stanchions & 203mm travel
Dear Marzocchi,

You are being shown up by Manitou. Seriously. I can barely fathom a reality where that statement holds true.

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
I had an 07 WC it had issues with the stanchions peeling. Marz finally fixed it after messing around for weeks. I don't know about in the US but up here you're lucky if you can get them to put down the bong to answer the phone.
My 08 did the same thing and Marz were on it like a fat kid on a smarty. Of course when yours was an issue they hadn't had the disaster of ATA and loose bushes to contend with.

P.S I'm pretty sure were in the same Province, and yeah Marz Canada is harder to deal with nowadays.

As predicted when they first touted the idea of Marzocchi Canada being on the shore, they are overwhelmed with folks looking for "factory service" on their 2006 888s, when any shop within walking distance would be able to do it with no worries.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I had an 07 WC it had issues with the stanchions peeling. Marz finally fixed it after messing around for weeks. I don't know about in the US but up here you're lucky if you can get them to put down the bong to answer the phone.

My 2010 Team had an issue of leaking oil out of the box. RS said ride it and they had a new one in my hands in less than a week.

If a problem gets taken care of in the correct way it can at least give you some confidence in a product even if it has flaws.
My 08 did the same thing and Marz were on it like a fat kid on a smarty. Of course when yours was an issue they hadn't had the disaster of ATA and loose bushes to contend with.

P.S I'm pretty sure were in the same Province, and yeah Marz Canada is harder to deal with nowadays.

As predicted when they first touted the idea of Marzocchi Canada being on the shore, they are overwhelmed with folks looking for "factory service" on their 2006 888s, when any shop within walking distance would be able to do it with no worries.
I dunno, I've had exactly the opposite experiences with Marz Canada. My 07 888WC stanchion was replaced while I waited and I had two 08 66ata forks in the house that needed attention a couple of times and were back in my hands within days. To top it off last year I was given great deals on 2010 models to replace the 08's. And no I'm not a "bro" either.

Compare that to my 07 Totem 2 step that was in warranty 3 times before I was told that it just couldn't be fixed. I was still taken care of by the distributor, but I've never bought another Rockshox fork since.

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I agree with Inclag, couldn't they make it work better AND look better? All I think of is those crappy '08 forks, even when I see the new ones.
Dear Marzocchi 11-14-2010 10:56 AM gemini2k wow, retarded

SH*T Gemini2k- I had no idea you were so invested in marzocchi! I hope I didn't hurt your bottom line with all of my "retarded" ness-
Good luck with your marzocchi garage sale!

Last edited:

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
I dunno, I've had exactly the opposite experiences with Marz Canada. My 07 888WC stanchion was replaced while I waited and I had two 08 66ata forks in the house that needed attention a couple of times and were back in my hands within days. To top it off last year I was given great deals on 2010 models to replace the 08's. And no I'm not a "bro" either.
But you can walk right in. That's pretty Bro IMO.

Not so easy for the rest of the country.

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
Not exactly true. I had two forks done by Marzocchi Canada, and they were done quickly, and done well, and thats by mailing them in.
Hey now, don't get me wrong.
I'm not bashing Alex or Naz - 4 years of living on the Shore meant plenty of time hanging out there.

But they do seem busier than they are able to handle at times.