Quantcast

dh bike...

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
hi

yesterday i was riding on dh race in slovenia and on every corner i crash, stupid roots nd stupid mud, maxxis swamp thing sucks, i ride morphine and hardtail suck on dh race , so i am planing to sell it and buy fully.

i have around 2500 $ (little less) so i am planing to buy or just a frame or whole bike, but it must be for dh and for fr but not hardcore fr, (60% dh and 40% fr something like that)

so can you suggest some frame/bike for that money...

thx :)

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i thought that you have a kapiel or somthing like that with a super monster on it? wouldn't that be good enough?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
ummm... whats your riding style, any bikes that you preffer... bla bla bla... the more we know the better.

Lime Green

Chimp
Aug 14, 2005
South Africa
Hey Mate .
Got a Santa Cruz V10 for you.
Three Races old. New XTR Cranks with ring. MRP Chain Guide. 5th Element rear shock.
Santa Cruz - Hadley rear hub . 32 hole. Eastern EA 50 seat post.
$1500.00

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Lime Green said:
Hey Mate .
Got a Santa Cruz V10 for you.
Three Races old. New XTR Cranks with ring. MRP Chain Guide. 5th Element rear shock.
Santa Cruz - Hadley rear hub . 32 hole. Eastern EA 50 seat post.
$1500.00
Cripes...why haven't you posted that? Steal of a deal!

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
post the bike in the buy sell forum.
(edit) downhiller, some dh frames you might wanna look into: orange 223/224, santa cruz v-10, turner dhr, ih sunday, yeti dh-9/303, kona stab, cannondale gemini. ummm, you didn't really say what your riding style is like, ie: you float over stuff, are smooth... ect...

sn0wboarder

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
NJ
Downhiller said:
apocalypse aint for DH just for drops (too much travel in front and back)...

i was thinking to buy scream and i saw that scream isnt good for dh, so i am looking for your suggestions...
Wouldn't it make much more sense to sell the Apocalypse and get something to race/freeride with and keep the hardtail as a street bike? I don't see what an 8 inch bike cant do that a 11inch can do. My Turner DHR handles 12ft drops. I don't see why I would need more travel. Hell 8.5 inches of travel is more then enough.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
just put a shorter fork on your apocalypse. or whats even more cost effective is drop your supermonster to 8 inches. i dont see whay that wouldnt be suitable for downhill.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
apocalypse is too heavy !, too much travel in the rear!

i am looking for dh bike.

karpiel aint for it so please dont come up that subject

ps. canfield brothers f1 looks good, did someone have some experience with it ?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
its still quite a heafty bike. and you still haven't explaned what your riding stlye is like. soory to keep bugging you about it but we really need to know that so we can narrow daon the field of bikes that would "suit" you.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
my riding style ? hm on DH i like to fly over every thing, i mean its all about how dh course is set, somethimes its is better to ride smooth and absorb everything but somethimes its better to fly over so i adapt to track, i dont do tricks when i jump, i am trying to go faster,
* what else to say ?!

but i dont know which frame will be fine..

ps. intense site dont work when i go so i can not see which bike they have :(

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
ok.. thats what i wanted to hear!!! so now i know that heavy ass bikes with loads of travel wouldn't suit your style. dhr would be good for you, gemini, maybe a 224? build it up with light parts of your choice and your done.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
i have parts from morphine, mavic 729, xt brakes, very soon shiver dc, monkey steering, race face diabolus stem, spd, i need only crank set and big chain ring about 44 or 46 teeth ?! which will be better ?

can i puton turner dhr avalanche MTN-3.5 or DHS-3.5 ???

D

demo008

i got a 2005 demo eight great freeride frame and since the lowered the bb for o5 it is a little more downhill driven. I am willing to sell it for around twenty nine and i am slightly flexible since these retail for 3800.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
sorry man i dont like specialized or santa cruz

i have "decide" on turner dh, can i put on turner dhr avalanche MTN-3.5 or DHS-3.5 ?? no body is answer aboutthat quastion :(

ps. for pure dh, with little fr will turner be fine or i need "better" frame ??

thx

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
The Turner DHR is one of the best race/freeride frames you can get...period. The only problem you run into with that frame is if you use a shock with Stable Platform, than you have to run a shock with a remote reservoir. I think the new DHR's come with Fox DHX 5.0's, with a remote reservoir. But if you want to run a Avalanche, that would be equally as good as the Fox.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Here, check out their website...Turner Bikes

Look at the DHR, and if you're into freeriding, also take a look at their new Highline frame. I don't know if it's out yet, but it looks promising. The '05 DHR does come with a Fox DHX 5.0 with remote reservoir, and the shock is amazing. They ride amazing, very tuneable, and will make your bike pedal like a dream.

If you need any more help let me know.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Downhiller said:
sorry man i dont like specialized or santa cruz

i have "decide" on turner dh, can i put on turner dhr avalanche MTN-3.5 or DHS-3.5 ?? no body is answer aboutthat quastion :(

ps. for pure dh, with little fr will turner be fine or i need "better" frame ??

thx
Since the Turner is using a 9,5 x 3,0 shock the answer is NO ! You can not put on a DHS 3,5 or a MTN-3,5 ! Also - do not expect to find many frames that can take the MTN shocks since they have a very big diameter and are often difficult to fit in.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
put a shorter fork on your apocalypse and work a bit with the adjusters, if p.mono got a top10 in the wc on an army i cant really see why a well adjuster apoc cant cut it for any dhing needs.
actually that frame weighs exactly the same as an m3

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Downhiller said:
but..its have too much travel in rear...

no karpiel is just for drops nothing else..

what about gt it1 ??? anyone ?
Wow. Ignore list here we come.

You've got more advice in the last two days than most folks get in a season, most of it good advice. You don't seem to listen to any of it, and complain about everything you own. You said you're open to any company, but when people suggested Specialized and Santa Cruz, you said you didn't like them. ANY of the other bikes mentioned (Turner, Canfield, Orange) are perfectly good bikes that will do anything you want. And you're still digging, with apparently no idea of what you really want or need.

On top of that, you own a perfectly good bike, that can be adjusted down to a reasonable level of travel, thanks to Karpiels cam system. In fact (vitox may know this better than me) but can't an Apoc be converted into an Army by removing the air shock? That's a great RACE bike.

Man, just get out and ride. Put a shorter fork on it, and go out and use it. Don't be so hung up on your equipment, and if you want advice, LISTEN when it's given.

sn0wboarder

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
NJ
vitox said:
put a shorter fork on your apocalypse and work a bit with the adjusters, if p.mono got a top10 in the wc on an army i cant really see why a well adjuster apoc cant cut it for any dhing needs.
actually that frame weighs exactly the same as an m3
to bad his apoc is for drops to flat

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Downhiller said:
but..its have too much travel in rear...

no karpiel is just for drops nothing else..

what about gt it1 ??? anyone ?

Sorry for saying this, but you do not seem to know anything about your own bike ! As it has already been said, remove the extra shock and you can get the rear travel down to 9" which is just perfect for racing. Get a 8" fork and you are ready to go. I own an Armageddon and I just dumped my search for a DH race bike because I found out the Army frame weight the same as a Foes Mono. If the Karpiel does not work as a race bike then change your settings but do not blame the bike :)

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i know a guy who is selling a azonic recoil at mtbr with 8.5 romic shock just redone, 03 dorado just fixed and everthing else ready for downhill he is a racer for azonic and he is selling his bike for 2300 and he is willing to sell it for less check it out at mtbr the size of the fram is ment for some one that is like 5-10