Quantcast

DHX AIR isn't the only one!!!

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
new for 07, from our good friends at marzocchi, DHX air's rival will be born. what do you guys think about this thing?

crazybiker300

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
the fox is still better. probibly half the weight too, knowing marzocchi but its not the only competitor. manitou also has one

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
dude what more proof do you need. cedric rocked one on the geminis and his prophet four cross, and i would venture to say a lot of the marzocchi riders are doing the same thing as well. i dont know about this whole air thing though seems kinda xcish if you ask me but one mans opinion.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Yeah but it sucks. I rode one for a week in Mammoth and it started leaking and it felt awful.

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
frznnomad said:
i dont know about this whole air thing though seems kinda xcish if you ask me but one mans opinion.
it does kind of but i think air is a lot more progressive. i like the feel of air in my suspension

crazybiker300

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
ya but it doesnt float quite as well and you loose some of the tunability. sometimes more progressive isnt good.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hey don't get me wrong i am still supporting fox, with my new dhx air purchase.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
crazybiker300 said:
the fox is still better. probibly half the weight too
Yeah! The Fox is definitely better than a shock that you haven't seen or touched, let alone ridden, yet! And it's so much lighter, too! You know that even though you haven't seen one on a scale! Yeah!

:stosh:

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
frznnomad said:
dude what more proof do you need. cedric rocked one on the geminis and his prophet four cross, and i would venture to say a lot of the marzocchi riders are doing the same thing as well. i dont know about this whole air thing though seems kinda xcish if you ask me but one mans opinion.
Then how come half of the time at world cup race he had fox shox on his bikes?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
now see i didnt know that. all the photos ive seen of him ridding ive seen the roco on the bikes, and lets not forget the gemini team replica came with a roco and still comes with one. i dont know though never saw him in actuall races so im just kinda going by race photos. so i could be wrong.

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
frznnomad said:
Bender rides a super monster. Must be a sick fork if bender rides it. I'm sold.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
well from what I was told...changes and mods had to be made to Cedrics shock so in the between time he rode something else...it happens more often than most people know...D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
binary visions said:
Yeah! The Fox is definitely better than a shock that you haven't seen or touched, let alone ridden, yet! And it's so much lighter, too! You know that even though you haven't seen one on a scale! Yeah!

:stosh:
Not to mention manitou had the revolver what, 3 years ago?

Sep 10, 2001
Main reason Cedric has a Fox in those photos is because we didn't have anything to fit the bike... His Gemini had a Roco on all year..

Brian

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay banshee rider deffinatly not what i was saying. i was just saying it has proven itself to be a worthy component and competition to the dhx and the 5th. im not saying just because cedric rides it, it must be badass. dude i think you need to read before you start yelling.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
dhmtbj said:
I think I'm still waiting on proof that they can make a good coil rear shock...
I've seen and felt the proof. Trust me, their rear shock is spot on. You have to consider that Marzocchi has been making suspension products for decades, and spends a lot of R&D time on products before they are available to the public.

Personally, Marzocchi's reputation alone should be proof enough that their products will perform as promised...

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Considering how long it took for marzocchi to get their coil shock out I wouldn't expect to see an air shock from them any time soon.

It's also rumored that RS has some type of DH air shock (and there are plenty of pictures floating around the internet) that will be out in 07.

I would still buy the fox.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
blt2ride said:
I've seen and felt the proof. Trust me, their rear shock is spot on. You have to consider that Marzocchi has been making suspension products for decades, and spends a lot of R&D time on products before they are available to the public.

Personally, Marzocchi's reputation alone should be proof enough that their products will perform as promised...

Yes, it will help me get bleached blondes! AIR GUITAR GNARRRR!!!!!!!!

ROCKSTAR!@LOLLO!!!

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
yea Rockshox has one, its called the pearl felt great on a giant faith i played on. but biggest size is 2.75

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
I am still not sold on the whole air shock thing. In the past they just couldn't handle the work load and they were limited to lighter riders. I am really looking forward to seeing how they hold up for the masses over this next season. So maybe I will wait till 07 to buy one. I know they have made major strides recently. any one know if the DHX HAS WEIGHT LIMITS?

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
DHS said:
yea Rockshox has one, its called the pearl felt great on a giant faith i played on. but biggest size is 2.75

The Pearl is classified as an AM shock. And the 8.75 has a 2.6 stroke which lowers the travel on most bikes. I wouldn't run one on a DH bike. RS has a prototype remote resivour air shock that is rumored to come out in 2007.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
SBDHrida said:
personally I just don't trust Marzocchi, the king of Freeride forks, making an air shock.
I’m kind of curious to know what you’re basing your opinion on—please explain. I would like to know why you think one of the best suspension builders in the world couldn't make an air shock. Manitou and Fox all make different products for different types of riding.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
bballe336 said:
Considering how long it took for marzocchi to get their coil shock out I wouldn't expect to see an air shock from them any time soon.
marz has had a coil rear shock for years and years in one form or another (outside of the US)...

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
partsbara said:
marz has had a coil rear shock for years and years in one form or another (outside of the US)...
Most members of this board ARE in the US. If we can't get the shock it is useles to us. It took them a long time to bring out a rear shock in the US.

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
Red Bull said:
He is also running a lefty so he wasnt riding for Marzocchi yet... (Im guessing)
That was this season while he was riding for marzo...he was on the lefty all year.

I've seen pictures of his downhill bike witha DHX coil on it as well but am too lazy to try find it.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
bballe336 said:
Most members of this board ARE in the US. If we can't get the shock it is useles to us. It took them a long time to bring out a rear shock in the US.
trust me... i know this... i was just making a comment... it had crossed my mind that you were one possibly one of the americans who hadn t heard of a world outside of the US...

but obviously i was mistaken :)

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
partsbara said:
trust me... i know this... i was just making a comment... it had crossed my mind that you were one possibly one of the americans who hadn t heard of a world outside of the US...

but obviously i was mistaken :)
Well I know that DH is very big in other parts of the world but the shocks have not been available to the United States or Canada. What I am really trying to say is that considering how long it took marzocchi to bring a shock into the US I wouldn't count on anything new coming out here for a while.

better?:)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
bballe336 said:
i m not ya teacher / parents... :devil: :)

but i know what ya mean... i m curious how the shock will be also... but i m also dubious that there can be much better than a tuned avalanche on the correct frame...

go the cult :rolleyes:

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
do you see the majority of the DH biker in the world mainly riding air forks and shocks in the future....?