Quantcast

Directions to Beacon

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
ah my spring break starts the 12th so we are heading to bellingham to hit up the trials there with my bro and then down to the SST flow park or whatever it is on monday
we might be hitting beacon up in 2 weeks though its hard to say
hopefully it rains some durring the weeks to come (not weekends hehe) so the soils has some moisture...

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
has any one ever nodiced that one of the first scenes in the teason for the new deal is @ beacon? some guy named grant breshears

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
yeah him and mike metzger (sp) ride all the time up there and built the huge jump at the bottom and the roadgap/stepup/35' huge jump

pretty good guys
but i think grant is kinda rude...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Sunday is a go for the MT crew. We will have 5-8 guys. I hope the weather is good. See ya guys there?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
We need to meet up. Ill see if we are goin again next weekend. How is the weather? I heard its been raining in Spokane.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
dirtjumpP.1 said:
has any one ever nodiced that one of the first scenes in the teason for the new deal is @ beacon? some guy named grant breshears
I wonder if he is the guy I met up there last year? I was up there for the first time about a year ago, I think. Happened to meet a couple guys who showed us where some of the trails were. At the bottom of the hill, they showed us that huge jump where that big sandy hill is at the road. The one guy hit it a few times until he stacked hard and went over the bars head first into the sand. He was pretty sore, but fine otherwise.

Seemed like a pretty cool guy to me, was happy to show us around.

I downloaded that teaser, but didn't see anything that looked like beacon, though. The beginning was all Redbull Rampage stuff.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
mike rode a SC super 8 with monster and is now riding for transition(see webpage, search pinkbike)
grant rode a kona stab primo with monster and is now riding for banshee

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Atomic Dog said:
I downloaded that teaser, but didn't see anything that looked like beacon, though. The beginning was all Redbull Rampage stuff.
sorry i posted the new deal 2 teasor, its in new deal 1, about 3 scene, ill try to find it

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
So we are getting ready to head to Beacon. How has the weather been? Are the trails dry? Info??? Thanks

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Well, we went to Beacon and had a blast and the weather was great. We got to ride a trail about 1-2 miles down the road from Beacon at another trailhead. There was a paved parking lot. We road a jeep trail to the top under a whole bunch of powerlines. The trail was a little hidden at first but the trail was awesome!! It had a lot steep rollers, a huge wall ride, lots of rocks, and a few small drops. Anyone know the trail Im talking about? The start of the trail was under a whole bunch of power lines. Whats the name of this trail?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Yep, it went right off the south face. The wall ride is INSAINE!! There was a group of about 6 of us and only one guy tried it. He had done it before and wow it looks like you cheat gravity on that stunt. I love it.....

Are there any other trails like that around there? I like that it was a little longer. Are there any other trails on the same mountain as the Zipper that even compare?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Last night at the club meeting, one of the guys was saying there are about 5 trails like that, but they are all over grown and need to be cleared. MTBR has a few listed, but the directions that some people write up are so lame it's hard to know what they are talking about sometimes.

gg

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
yeah apparently that is the new start to the zipper from when the powerlines were put in and there is actually another entrance someplace else between the faces and where you traverse across for a ways but i doni't know where it is
i have a couple friends who live there who know more than me

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
We found the start of the Zipper at the top under the powerlines. Its hard to see the beginning as grass has over grown the first 20 ft but then the trail is well marked.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
yes i have heard of it but nothin more than it is suppose to have a skinny with a 30' drop on one side if i remember correctly

have to ask my friend who lives up there

SJ10

Chimp
Dec 11, 2004
Yeah, Beacon is a great place to ride. I ride there about 2-3 times a week. I think I saw you and your buddies up there the other day. You have the Fly and one of your friends had a Banshee, and the other a Demo 9 (might have been a bullit in there too). I had the blue V10 and I think we spoke briefly. If you are looking for a local to ride with I'm usually up there. Nice Fly BTW.

SJ

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Thats me and my crew. You got the bikes exactly, nice memory. Ya, I talked to you about your Syncros pedals I think.

We are looking for more techy stuff like the Zipper. What about Brain Damage? Where is it? Are there any other trails like the Zipper?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
We are thinking of riding Beacon this weekend. How has the weather been? Are the trails pretty dry still? Whats up?