Quantcast

Dirt mag new Boxxer article. Spanish Monkeys

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
So, despite my current loathing of anything that carries the Rock Shox logo I find myself reading this article:

http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/dirt-team/sram-boxxer-camp-pt1/dirt-1234141.html

"The venue was a 200 year old castle in the hills outside Alicante."

Any Spanish monkeys know more exactly where this is? My parents live in the area and this might just make me do the decent thing and go visit this Christmas. Are the trails decent? Worth checking out? Bringing a DH bike for? Any info appreciated!

DIRT-HQ

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
Wales
It's called Fenasosa, check out http://www.lafenasosa.com/ (Though it's all in Spanish)

I think it's only been open a while. But definately worth a visit if you're in the area. It's got a few downhill trails (bumpy uplift), bit of North Shore, a large 4x track and a dirt jump area.

I'll be putting up a video I shot out there soon.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
It's called Fenasosa, check out http://www.lafenasosa.com/ (Though it's all in Spanish)

I think it's only been open a while. But definately worth a visit if you're in the area. It's got a few downhill trails (bumpy uplift), bit of North Shore, a large 4x track and a dirt jump area.

I'll be putting up a video I shot out there soon.
yes this was their first year of operation. That place is pretty rad and the trails are super fun. You can do all kinds of riding there - trail, FR, DH, 4X, DJ..you name it they have it. They even have a foam pit..:thumb:

Last edited:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Holy crap, Luc! Did you grow out your hair!??!

WTF!! Are you selling out on all of us legitimately bald mofos??! ;)

--JP

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
"Last weekend we jetted off to the BoXXer press camp. The venue was a 200 year old castle in the hills outside Alicante. For two days we ate like kings, played pool, drank wine...oh and rode some new forks too. Peaty and Neethling were there too.

Here's the first installment of photos. (I video-ed the whole caboodle too, so stay tuned for that puppy)."

That is an article on the new Boxxer?

:plthumbsdown:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Any Spanish monkeys know more exactly where this is? My parents live in the area and this might just make me do the decent thing and go visit this Christmas. Are the trails decent? Worth checking out? Bringing a DH bike for? Any info appreciated!
Sweet, count me in, your parents wont mind, right? :biggrin:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
has it been that long since we last saw each other? I gave up the shaved dome look years ago...
Yeah, it has been that long!

I guess I just assumed you were like me - didn't have much of a choice in the matter of being bald!

Lucky!

--JP

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
wait, I'm confused by this place. They have a lift and it doesn't snow there?!?
Looks like uplifts are via truck.

Still, apparently they do get a bit of snow nearby, but the site seems to suggest it's open year-round.

"Nuestra idea es estar a vuestra disposición, bajo reserva, durante 12 meses al año, siempre a expensas de la disponibilidad, el calendario de eventos y la previsión meteorológica."

Basically, "Subject to calendar events and weather conditions, our aim is to be open 12 months of the year."

Last edited:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Awesome!

There already was a great MTB scene in Alicante. I studied abroad in Alicante from Aug/05 to Jun/06, and can't wait to go back this summer and visit!

Year-round riding, but it does get really cold and humid in the winter. It snowed once in the year I was there. I highly recommend a trip to Alicante, Barcelona, and Granada to anyone in the world. Get me a plane ticket, and I'll be your tour guide.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Anyone have a rough idea when these "2010" forks are going to be available? I thought pretty soon, like jan/feb, but now I'm hearing them called 2010s I'm not sure?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Rebound adjusters look a little delicate, for example when you have the front wheel out and have the bike resting on the underside of the lower legs?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Hey Fraser, it's 19.30pm on a Friday night here in Wales, I should be out partying...but I'm sat in the office trying to proof read the freakin magazine:-(
About time, why has no-one done that on previous issues? ;)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
wow. lightest steer tube of any RS product, including the XC forks, on the boxxer.
I don't find that surprising, a steerer tube on a SC fork has to be pretty thick at the bottom to take the load, not so with a DC fork. And XC forks have to be built pretty damn strong anyway, otherwise some twat will snap them off of a 6ft drop to flat etc and sue the ass out of RS.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Is the spring in the Boxxer Team ti, and if not is it now of a large enough diameter (larger stanchions) that we can get one made as an upgrade? The current boxxer can't take ti springs as you can't make one suitable to fit the dimensions needed, I believe.

[no such problems on older boxxers as they had a spring each side so didn't need to be so stiff individually]

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Is the spring in the Boxxer Team ti, and if not is it now of a large enough diameter (larger stanchions) that we can get one made as an upgrade? The current boxxer can't take ti springs as you can't make one suitable to fit the dimensions needed, I believe.

[no such problems on older boxxers as they had a spring each side so didn't need to be so stiff individually]
- no the new BoXXer team doesn't come with Ti springs.
- spring are indeed larger
- I've had ti spring (think I still do) for pre-2010 BoXXer forks.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
2005 Boxxer WC had Ti springs. It makes sense that a ti spring can't be made for the 2006-2009 boxxer due to size restrictions. Maybe a soft spring but nothing for a heafty man like me for sure.