Quantcast

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
@ DiscountedCycl

why does both your email dont work anymore?
why i did not get my socks yet?
why dont you reply to your PM anymore?..

really that sucks big time! just refund me and be done with it.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Umm, no. It's called a business plan, get one. Cheap, fast, and service = every other online retailer out there.
You do realize that doesn't make sense, right? At least with regards to "cheap"? It's a comparative issue. Let's say you find a seatpost on Jenson for 10 bucks below retail. It's "cheap". Now let's say there's a discounted cycle RM deal that's 20 bucks below retail. Now the DC deal is "cheap" compared to the Jenson deal. Make sense?

The reason one retailer is able to give customers lower prices is either lower costs of business or lower margins. If someone has lower prices than all other retailers then their costs or margins (or both) are lower than the other retailers.

Besides, it seems as if there already is a business plan in place and the special RM deals are part of it. The whole point of the RM deals is to increase interest in the main site (and hook some people up in the process). Unfortunately it didn't go quite as planned.

I will say this, though, the guy should be better about communicating. Even if it takes time away from actually getting orders out, it's better from a PR perspective to not ignore customers' correspondence.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
You do realize that doesn't make sense, right? At least with regards to "cheap"? It's a comparative issue. Let's say you find a seatpost on Jenson for 10 bucks below retail. It's "cheap". Now let's say there's a discounted cycle RM deal that's 20 bucks below retail. Now the DC deal is "cheap" compared to the Jenson deal. Make sense?

The reason one retailer is able to give customers lower prices is either lower costs of business or lower margins. If someone has lower prices than all other retailers then their costs or margins (or both) are lower than the other retailers.

Besides, it seems as if there already is a business plan in place and the special RM deals are part of it. The whole point of the RM deals is to increase interest in the main site (and hook some people up in the process). Unfortunately it didn't go quite as planned.

I will say this, though, the guy should be better about communicating. Even if it takes time away from actually getting orders out, it's better from a PR perspective to not ignore customers' correspondence.
No, it makes perfect sense. I recieve email letters from Pricepoint on what seems like a (annoying) weekly basis. They sell a ton of stuff at 50-80% below retail, just like discountedcycling. It's generally a bunch of s*** I don't want to buy; much like defeet socks and ugly full face helmets. The difference is that they have consistent reputation for not only providing those prices, but shipping the same business day with tracking numbers and there aren't double-digit page threads on this forum about them. The online retailers who get this strive to provide cheap, fast, service. The ones who can't get their eggs in one basket like beyondbikes, aren't around anymore.

A one man show with low overhead providing great deals is great and all, but if it's also the reason you can't keep up with shipping and get the wrong product out the door, then it's probably time to reevaluate whether its helping your business or sinking it.

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
DiscountedCycl,

Will you pay for shipping so I can exchange it? How much were you selling the seatpost you sent me for?

RideDad

Chimp
Aug 28, 2009
I've written off the $99 I sent him on Nov 5th for a wheelset. No wheelset and no promised refund at this point. On multiple occasions he promised a refund that day. One of the best excuses I got was that he did not have any money in his paypal account and didn't know how to add/send $ with paypal. No response from the last few pm's, voicemails etc. Maybe he's pissed I started this thread, but like I said, when the website is down and the provided phone number is disconnected it gets your attention. That's why my first post was just asking if anyone knew what was up with DC, not bashing in any way.

Anyway, the guy either has no $$ or is just a simple liar. Glad it was only $99 and not more. Maybe he'll send it back at some point and if he does, I'll be more than happy to update this thread with that information. Over and out.

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
RideDad,

Use the paypal dispute resolution. You'll probably never get the money back, but it'll screw up his paypal account so he can't rip anyone else off. I started it, but it will be awkward given that he actually sent me something.

What's the justification for letting users delete threads and posts long after they've been made? Seems like a terrible idea especially when the threads involve sales.

Last edited:

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
Im disappointed with DiscountedCycles!!

I sent 140$ for helmet to him on 2th November, after several PM, I still got nothing. It will be 2 months soon. In last pm he asked "what item" when I asked him to hurry to ship the thing. OMG, I thought.

I hope he comes here and address issues!

Otherwise his company is ruined for all time

Im gonna use Paypal dispute resolution soon..

Last edited:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Sounds like the guy started off lagit (I got my order from him) but maybe he got overwhelmed with the amount of business and things just went downhill from there? It seemed like he was a one man show. The whole situation sucks ass for everyone involved.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Sounds like the guy started off lagit (I got my order from him) but maybe he got overwhelmed with the amount of business and things just went downhill from there? It seemed like he was a one man show. The whole situation sucks ass for everyone involved.
Yeah, I got my bars eventually. I believe the guy is just in a tough spot.

RideDad

Chimp
Aug 28, 2009
As I said I would update this thread if/when DC came good, he sent my refund last night. Thanks much to DC for coming around. Better late than never, that's for sure.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I just want to add that despite my negative nancy approach in this whole ordeal, I'd like to add that doing business with the USPS is comical at best. Shipping through them is cheap, easy....and retarted.

I'm guilty of it and people ask me to even send stuff to them USPS as far away as Canada and Brazil. But the tracking from ship date to delivery date is sad at best. You can't beat the price and speed of Priority Mail shipping from one coast to the other in the US...but anything else just makes individual sellers and business sellers look bad in the process.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
I just want to add that despite my negative nancy approach in this whole ordeal, I'd like to add that doing business with the USPS is comical at best. Shipping through them is cheap, easy....and retarted.

I'm guilty of it and people ask me to even send stuff to them USPS as far away as Canada and Brazil. But the tracking from ship date to delivery date is sad at best. You can't beat the price and speed of Priority Mail shipping from one coast to the other in the US...but anything else just makes individual sellers and business sellers look bad in the process.
As far away as Canada??? :eek: It's no like we don't do a billion dollars a day in business across the border.

I've never had anything take more than 2 weeks thru USPS.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
As far away as Canada??? :eek: It's no like we don't do a billion dollars a day in business across the border.

I've never had anything take more than 2 weeks thru USPS.
get out your measuring stick...and then put your faith in USPS. It's the equivalent of asking Johnny Knoxville to go with you to the mall. Sure, it seems harmless at first...but then, later, covered in crap and totally screwed....you regret it.:rolleyes:

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
Im disappointed with DiscountedCycles!!

I sent 140$ for helmet to him on 2th November, after several PM, I still got nothing. It will be 2 months soon. In last pm he asked "what item" when I asked him to hurry to ship the thing. OMG, I thought.

I hope he comes here and address issues!

Otherwise his company is ruined for all time

Im gonna use Paypal dispute resolution soon..
Lucky you ! you get replies to PM.
I dont get replies from anything anymore... PM,emails(they dont seem to work anymore) etc...