Quantcast

Do all PROS use body armor?

J

J5ive

I ended up with the core saver. Its not bad, but its nothing amazing either.

Shepherdwong

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Though I generally advocate armor I saw some dude charging the Brianhead course(semi pro class I believe) wearing jeans with no knee pads, a t shirt and gloves stuffed in his back pocket. Clearly foolish, but damn that was the coolest thing ever!
:cheers:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Though I generally advocate armor I saw some dude charging the Brianhead course(semi pro class I believe) wearing jeans with no knee pads, a t shirt and gloves stuffed in his back pocket. Clearly foolish, but damn that was the coolest thing ever!
:cheers:
id like to sleep with that cat

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
I just wear a pair of shin and elbow pads.
definatley could have used a dianese a couple of times this year once a mt snow in thier series final race, landed on a rock with my hand/back. (scraped my back mangled the soft tissue in my pinky)
then at whiteface i got scorpianed into a tree face/chest got stacked up against the tree first then legs and bike coming up over. i just like getting nimbly bimbly like a cat drinking milk from a saucer when i ride and think i lose mobility even though i probably dont and its in my head

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
upper armour is so cumbersome to me, i think i crash more when wearing it so lately ive just been using kneee and shin. Thinking about the new 661 preasure suit pro seems to be light and small and snug, padding not to big but just enough.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
There are a few studies from a Doc in Reno (who also rides/ races DH) listing/compiling the types of injuries that happen, unfortunately, they didn't keep track of the type of armor that people wear relative to injury type, only if they had a helmet on.

You remember his name by any chance?

Always good to see a doctor who knows what the hell you're talking about when you get a boo boo.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
I mix it up. I wear armor most of the time, but on a sunny day on a trail I know with people I trust I'll let it rip in a tshirt.

A brisk 30mph wind tugging at your clothes just makes you feel free and happy.

Sometimes all this armor makes me feel like i'm getting ready to go into battle instead of ride my bike.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
I kind of like that feeling get's my blood moving.

Man I don't know what would of happened to me if I wasn't waring a suite on this crash. Won't explain just watch.

http://media.putfile.com/I-think-I-messed-up
wow. just... wow.
(it took me several seconds after watching that to realize I needed to relax and unclench my jaw, which involuntarily locked up as I watched)

glad you're ok.