do you have a tattoo?

• Total voters

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well the numbers speak for themselves.

41.5% have at least one, and another 10% are gonna get one.

has anyone ever had any issues re: jobs because of their tattoos?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
well the numbers speak for themselves.

41.5% have at least one, and another 10% are gonna get one.

I have one that is annoying when I wear short sleeves... the kids are always asking questions about it... but no. I am sure there may be a problem if I had sleeves etc. But they don't care much about the tattoos or even earrings for that matter.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I always viewed tats on women as a giant neon sign that said:

I'LL DO ANYTHING

Which in college was a good thing. :brows:
NO SS,
typically a tattoo doesn't say "I'll DO ANYTHING"

a tattoo of a lawnmower right over the old FLUFFYCUP,

NOW THAT SAYS "I'll DO ANYTHING"

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
im getting my first next week. its a shamrock made from chainrings and chain on my right shoulder. eventually ill have a half sleeve on that side ending with the shamrock. i dont have to worry about cost because i just have to pay for ink because one of my best friends is an artist. which is good because he typically charges 150-200 an hour

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I have a small, badly done skull on my forearm that I did myself when I was 16 with a 0.012 guitar string wrapped in thread and dipped in India ink.

I was up for 3 days before hand on speed.

The tattoo faded quite a bit a week later when I passed out drunk at 10am in a hot tub and got a severe sunburn.

1986 was a good year.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Nope, and I'm a faculty level research facility manager at a large university. They also know I'm getting an upper back piece and have no problem with it at all. My job is super!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Nope, and I'm a faculty level research facility manager at a large university. They also know I'm getting an upper back piece and have no problem with it at all. My job is super!
well a left coast university isn't exactly the last bastion of conservatism ;)

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
well a left coast university isn't exactly the last bastion of conservatism ;)
Yeah, but we are a state school, not private. My group is actually funded outside of the university by the national institute of health (NIH) and I have to deal with crazy uptight scientists from all over the world on a daily basis. But, so far my adornments haven't been made an issue of. Guess it's because I'm just so good at what I do nobody cares ;) .

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yeah, but we are a state school, not private. My group is actually funded outside of the university by the national institute of health (NIH) and I have to deal with crazy uptight scientists from all over the world on a daily basis. But, so far my adornments haven't been made an issue of. Guess it's because I'm just so good at what I do nobody cares ;) .
Actually it's prolly 'cos academics are scared of girls. Especially girls with tats.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Actually it's prolly 'cos academics are scared of girls. Especially girls with tats.
Especially when they are PHD level neuroscientists and can't make a reasearch deadline because even though they are incredibly smart, they can't seem to figure out how to keep a simple organism alive long enough to finish the research and they have to call you in to tell them how to do it!

This happens on a regular basis. Part of my job is as a husbandry consultant to the research community. When they can't figure out how to keep their facilities up and running they come here and I show them how to do it.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Nope. 10 years as a graphic artist at a Big 12 university and now a museum curator at the same place. The bottom 2 or 3 inches of the half-sleeve on my right arm shows when I wear short sleeves.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I don't hav tats, nor do I plan on getting them.

I am an artist, and keep finding new things I like, so I think I would be happy with my tat for a week then come up with a better idea.

I am also not a fan of the permanence, even if there are laser treatments.......

and... I just don't want to be one of those girls with a tribal butterfly on her lower back

There is plenty of great art on people, and I love looking at tats, but they're not for me.

SnowMongoose

Chimp
Mar 1, 2007
Bellingham, WA
Nautical star planned for the left shoulder after my First Jiu Jitsu tournament in April.
haven't decided on exact size, size of my fist mebbe, likewise undecided on if I want it cocked to match the shoulder, or keep it straight up and down.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I got a couple but I think they expect tattoos from the kind of degenerates that work in TV.

I have a few. They all mean something though (i didn't just pick random ****) and I thought them all thru for a while. Also in areas where if I don't want someone to know I have tats then they won't unless they pull my shirt sleeve up. Important to be able to hide them if you plan on working anywhere professional.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i have a few. one nicely covers my whole back. one on the right calf, and a half sleeve on my left arm.
here's a old pic of my upper back. lots of ink below this too. there's a cassette between the girls legs and some other chainrings/chain down below.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
i have a few. one nicely covers my whole back. one on the right calf, and a half sleeve on my left arm.
here's a old pic of my upper back. lots of ink below this too. there's a cassette between the girls legs and some other chainrings/chain down below.
thats alotta touch up work in the future. sick ass tattoo though