Quantcast

do you ride atleast once a week?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Life got crazy busy for a year there. I pretty much stopped riding, eventho I loved it when I was able to get a ride in.

About four months ago I committed to commuting to work at least three days a week -- six 30-40 minute rides with one or two about 60-90 minutes.

It's great. I feel so much better, especially mentally.

If you don't ride regularly, find a way to get it in.

Yes, it's partially a PSA for commuting, but whatever.

Also, since I got a single-speed with a strong frame and wheels last month, it's been even more fun. I feel like a kid again.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Agreed. I stopped riding for a about 3 months due to some work and personal issues - I gained a good mount of weight. For the past 3 weeks, it's been 4-5 rides per week for me and I'm getting rid of the lbs while feeling emotionally and mentally healthier. It's only been the past 1-2 years that I've actually had to stick to a workout schedule to keep the weight off...the realization that I won't be in shape with very little effort is a sad one.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Yes, i ride at least once a week, if i dont get to go out and ride either in the dirt or on the road, then i take to commuting to and from work, about 20 miles round trip
yeah yeah, you regularly post your adventures, i'm jealous.

..the realization that I won't be in shape with very little effort is a sad one.
hahah, you're getting old!

also, I understand :(

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I try to ride 2x a week, but I just took the last 4 months off due to baby and prego wife stuff. it seems i only ride to work or on my trainer now a days with a group ride once a month.

did you have your kid yet or what?? I saw a post on your kids circumcism, but i thought you were still months off.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
did you have your kid yet or what?? I saw a post on your kids circumcism, but i thought you were still months off.
I was just trying to be funny. Kid's due in March 2008. I figure commuting is the only way I'll be riding regularly for years to come. I'm trying to wake up an hour earlier to get a little more mileage in.

But I'm confused, did I know that you recently had or will have a kid? I thought you had one or more kids, but they were past toddler age?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
As long as my body can take it I try to ride at least 20 everyday inbetween my big 200+ mile rides, somedays are just to hard to get out of bed, so I drive.

This week has been hanus with the jaw, so no real riding.
Are you still touring around the country? I forget.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
one 20 month old and one due december 1. 2008 is going to be a rough riding year.

The honeymoon in italy is where you started following my perverbial draft. with the next pregnancy you'll start to think about a RV.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
one 20 month old and one due december 1. 2008 is going to be a rough riding year.

The honeymoon in italy is where you started following my perverbial draft. with the next pregnancy you'll start to think about a RV.
I'm sorry I'm not a better stalker.

I'm hoping to have two kids, about two years apart.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Kids are awesome, I am really happy to see when people take time with and spend time with there kids. Feel lucky and appriciatte them, that coming from someone who cant have kids. Actually wish i could, I would be all over taking the kids out riding, goin to ball games whatever.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I'm sorry I'm not a better stalker.

I'm hoping to have two kids, about two years apart.
You're married now- haven't you reailized that's it's not up to you?? YOu mean she's hoping to have 2 kids 2 years apart....unless it's two boys, then "you" will try for a girl:) YOu'll love it.

Get a pull behind thing and a bike path to ride w/the kid- then you'll get out a few times a week and hills will really hurt.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
It's been a few weeks now - I'm getting twitchy. Commuting again soon to keep me going through the winter I think. Lent my singlespeed to a friend so it'll have to be my '92 XC bike.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Of course I ride at least once a week. What kind of knob continues posting on a mtbike site even though they've stopped riding.:twitch:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I've been on my bike almost every day for the past 6 months. I was commuting to work in memphis and now I am just trying to get a feel for the town around here. we also have over 100 miles of paved trails that go around the city and single track down by the river right out our back door.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I ride to work every day. (Only 4 miles, but still) About once a week I do a CX training ride durning lunch hour. Wednesday nights I ride for an hour or two at the BMX track and lately I've been doing a 1 or 2 hour road ride on the weekends with my wife and son. I guess I ride a pretty good bit.

To the fellow breeders, When we had Jamie in January, I think I took about 2 months off and then started commuting again. I got my Wednesday night rides back around late March or early April. Just in the last couple of weeks have I started getting weekend rides in again. I don't see as much dirt as I'd like, I've only been DHing 2x this year, and I've only managed to make it to one race, but at least I'm on the bike. It helps that my wife also rides. Our only conflict is who gets to ride and who gets to watch the baby and now that he can ride in the trailer, even that has gotten better.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
other than injury time, I ride on average 2 times a week year round... rain, snow, heat, cold... doesn't matter. Some rides may be shorter than others due to trail conditions etc.

but yep I usually try for 3 times a week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've been on my bike almost every day for the past 6 months. I was commuting to work in memphis and now I am just trying to get a feel for the town around here. we also have over 100 miles of paved trails that go around the city and single track down by the river right out our back door.
That is awesome. Riding a bike is a good way to figure an area out. I wish I had started to road ride before I bought my house.