Quantcast

do you ride atleast once a week?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I tend to ride 4 days or more a week. I couldn't give it up, I'd go through withdrawls

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not even close, this year.

each year seems to be declining... only got out for 2 DH weekends this year, and no mid-week rides. xc was paltry too....got in about the same mileage as last year on the road bike.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Feast or famine for me. Sometimes Ill ride all week, then not ride for a month. Just one of those things.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Few times a day for me. woohoo! Once we get further into winter I subsititute more swimming and ski stuff in to give my body a bit of a break.

hooker_47

Chimp
Mar 2, 2007
Lost
Quite the contrary. I would argue that the folks who can't find the time to get on their bikes have no life. No offense, losers. :biggrin:
I would have to agree. At least it feels like I have no life when I can't ride. I try to get out at least 3 times a week, and one of the weekend days.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm just hoping that someone reads this thread who hasn't been riding and gets out for a little spin today or this weekend :) I had forgotten how important it is to me physically and emotionally.

What kind of knob continues posting on a mtbike site even though they've stopped riding.:twitch:
Just in case you're not joking... some people love riding, but for whatever reason, can't do it as much as they'd like.

Your bikes get a lot of miles.

Inside a UPS truck.
Kapow!

rky mtn srfr

Monkey
Nov 26, 2006
Boulder
When I was racing, many years ago, it was 6-7 days a wk, 20+hours/wk for about 3 yrs except in nastiest of winter months. Now it's 3-6 days/wk with a mix of cruiser, rd bike, and mtn bike. Always mtn bike on wknds with one ride 3-5 hrs. Cruiser bike ride is into town to drink beer :cheers: and bike paths home (with lights)... weeeee downhill all the way home. :weee::monkeydance:

But late Oct-April, not so much on the bike anymore, and shift gears to snowboarding (60 days last season). Maybe a random mtn bike ride in NoBo if the snow sucks and it's warm at the most, and sometimes a 45min spin on the trainer:drool:.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I was riding more before school started (5 days a week -- 2-3 mountain and 2-3 roads with Syd). Now I get out on the roads about 1-2 times per week and mountain 1-2 per week. I love being able to take Syd road riding with me :D

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I had forgotten how important it is to me physically and emotionally.
You ain't kidding.

If you follow the GMT threads, you'd know I'd have a friend whose husband went nuts and got committed to a mental facility for a week and a half. He used to be an avid road biker but he quit when he got married, for no other reason than he was completely ineffective when it came to managing time. (Being depressed and sleeping 14 hrs a day didn't help matters either). Well, upon release from the hospital part of his release instructions involved getting his ass out of bed in the am and onto the bike for a 1/2 an hour to an hour road ride each morning before going to work. So far he's been doing it and it seems to be helping. He says it he forgot how much a good ride can really clear your mind.

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
I ride 7 days a week. on average about 15 miles on the mtn bike. Can't stay away longer than a day. I have to stay up later to finish homework, but i find myself in a better mood after a ride. I'm regularly out until midnight durring the week riding, because of classes and HW. I will always have time for riding.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
w/ all these people riding ~3 time a week, you'd think there would be more threads in the Ride Reports forum.

:think:

I've done ride reports for most the more interesting rides I do. Doesn't make sense to report riding the same places again and again, not to mention I hate stopping to take pictures on the trail.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"ride" is so subjective. I haven't ridden my bike in a while and it shows. I will start riding more soon, I have to now that my wife is getting hotter.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I've done ride reports for most the more interesting rides I do. Doesn't make sense to report riding the same places again and again, not to mention I hate stopping to take pictures on the trail.
Same here. I almost never go anywhere interesting much less take pictures. If I did I might write something up. It's been awhile.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I tell you what, I might just do that if she keeps on keepin' on.

She just started a new job at Curves as a circuit trainer. The fact she now holds a job where she gets paid to work out and look good is making my lazy ass look worse every day.

It's a blessing and a curse.