Quantcast

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm not a huge fan of Rashad, but I acknowledge he is a superb athlete.

It is hard to replace a hero, though.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I don't like Rashad either. But he's damn good. I thought he was just lucky. Seems like it's not luck.
i hope Machida brings it to him.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
But it's not like he's a slouch on the ground, either. I honestly don't see a lot of holes in his game at this point. Cardio, striking, ground game, take down defense, submissions, it's all there.

I hate the saying, but it's true that pound for pound there isn't much better than Silva except for maybe Faber in the WEC (who lost his last title defense) and maybe GSP who is also a freak of nature.
Oh totally agreed, it's just that the only time he's ever been in trouble at all was when he was on his back. Standing I don't think there is anyone who can touch him. Thats why I said, its his game if it stays standing... only risk is if it goes down to the mat.

Again I must agree... pound for pound I think GSP and Silva is a close call. GSP is extremely talented. Fukin made Penn look worthless.... DO-MI-NATED.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh totally agreed, it's just that the only time he's ever been in trouble at all was when he was on his back. Standing I don't think there is anyone who can touch him. Thats why I said, its his game if it stays standing... only risk is if it goes down to the mat.
I know Ludder is a bad example, but the body triangle defense that Silva uses is bad ass and the ability to transition from body triangle to triangle chose THAT FAST is bad ass as well.

I still like the Sandman KO as one of my favorite highlights for Silva. Catch the leg, POW! done. 1:20 (or less I think)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I don't like Rashad either. But he's damn good. I thought he was just lucky. Seems like it's not luck.
i hope Machida brings it to him.
I watched his fight against Tito. It makes perfect sense, even if it is not exciting to watch: fleet of feet, always backing up, and counter punching.

Since it is so different, I actually kinda enjoyed watching it, although I always enjoy watching Tito lose.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Yeah. Machida has a really good strategy. I didn't think he was that good until he laid out Thiago Silva.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I saw on UFC Knockouts the beating Rich Franklin took from Anderson Silva. I don't think I ever felt as sorry for any fighter than when I saw Silva holding the back of Franklin's head. Silva fired knees almost at will at a man's vulnerable spots, and all Franklin could do was take it.

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
I'm pretty sure Chuck will beat Shogun. Shogun has sucked ever since PRIDE got bought out. Shogun doesn't have the knockout power or cardio anymore. Chuck just needs one good punch and that's it for Shogun. Shogun would have to overwhelm him with flurries. But since his cardio is so crappy now, it won't happen.
Shogun = Not the same without the Juice.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I saw on UFC Knockouts the beating Rich Franklin took from Anderson Silva. I don't think I ever felt as sorry for any fighter than when I saw Silva holding the back of Franklin's head. Silva fired knees almost at will at a man's vulnerable spots, and all Franklin could do was take it.
His face and ribs were solid red. The rematch wasn't much better, either. Silva doesn't look like much compared to Franklin, either. But I wouldn't mess with him.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
His face and ribs were solid red. The rematch wasn't much better, either. Silva doesn't look like much compared to Franklin, either. But I wouldn't mess with him.
This is what Silva looks like, except he beats the sh*t out of any fool stupid enough to step to him:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Yeah, his build is so different. He's not bulky at all. Not ripped either. Long legs and arms as opposed to huge shoulders and legs. He looks like he should be in dance or something similar. Not the best MMA in the world. But, he makes it work for him.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
He is pretty skinny. I could probably take him.
I have a funny feeling a lot of people have thought that. Again, the first time I thought Franklin was going to knock him out until he got clinched. The second fight, I knew Silva was going to stomp him, it was only a matter of 1st or 2nd round.

To think he can beat at least half the dudes in 205 is scary.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Yeah. It was effen horrible. NEver seen a worse title fight. Thales couldn't fight for crap. And you could tell that Anderson was damn near pissed that he had to fight someone that couldn't even do anything against him. 5 rounds of complete boring bull shizz. I'm way glad i didn't have friends over for that fight. It sucked. There were some other good fights on the card, but that was a horrible way to end it. Almost as bad as that over hyped fight with BJ and GSP.

It was nice to see Shogun win though.