Quantcast

Don't Ice me Bro!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
This is the first I've heard of this ridiculous trend...

"Icing" -- or "getting iced" -- is a drinking game that's rapidly gaining popularity amongst office workers, tech and media types, and college students. The rules are simple: If a person sees a Smirnoff Ice, he or she must get down on one knee and chug it, unless they happen to be carrying their own Smirnoff, in which case they can "ice block," or refract the punishment back onto the attacker. In order to dupe people into stumbling across the beverage, participants have devised creative ways of presenting them with Ices, like strapping the bottles to the backs of dogs or burying them in vats of protein powder.
Article

Al C. Oholic

Monkey
Feb 11, 2010
FoCo
I would just prefer to play with a drink that's a real challenge. like a shot of everclear, tho smaller, would definitely be a better test.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
This is a new thing? We used to "Pimp Slap" each other with drinks all the time.
We called it the "purple fvcker..." Squeeze bottles full of booze. Nothing good happens, which is how I like things to go.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
I have some limited experience with this game in the past month or so. It's actually pretty funny, especially when done in public places.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Sorry, this just sounds stupid to me.

And I've worked for 3 different corporate outfits so far...all 3 have had people drinking on the job. So this does not surprise me.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Bong loads at lunch, baby! :thumb:
That reminds me. Google is putting some company here in NC. They should be bummed about the lack of Canadian imports. ;)

As for the whole drinking in the workplace, I used to see it alot. It tends to be the high stakes type businesses, especially banking and real estate. I worked for 3 different companies that either were run by or had "former" management completely sauced at all times. We used to joke that you could only get into management if you went to AA with the boss.:thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also... a meme? please. real b/tards would be playing this game with something much, much nastier.

Think hurricane 40's or colt 45.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just another reason to avoid people who come in contact with 'vats of protein powder'.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
also... a meme? please. real b/tards would be playing this game with something much, much nastier.

Think hurricane 40's or colt 45.
It's got to be an excuse for them to drink Smirnoff Ice without admitting they like it.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Chah brah I was like totally making this wicked protein shake when suddenly the vat I was scooping from revealed a luke-warm Smirnoff Ice. I was so stoked on getting iced that I called my roommate down and instantly tried to ice him back.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
This sounds pretty fun to do, actually.
Hiding nasty smirnoff ice around someone's house. They open the coffee can at 6 a.m.
ICE!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
or a volcano:

shot of sambuca, while your head is tilted back. hold the shot in your mouth and light it on fire. sprinkle a dash of cinnamon into the fire for effect.

taste is good, but there is risk of lighting your face on fire.