Quantcast

Dual Slalom Rides

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I want to eat that Blur 4x, it looks Yummy!
What kinda seat is that? Road?

p.s. Anyone selling a FS DS frame or bike, I had one lined up to get from Morewood but my Tax Returns didn't get here in time and now I have money to burn:monkeydance:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
This has been my 4X whammy for the last couple of seasons, truly a fun bike to ride! Never weighed in on this one, I just ride it. I would guess low 30s though? Although the wheels and fork certainly aren't the lightest out there, they are awfully non-flexy for a big guy like me. I've got an '08 Yeti 4X on the way for this season. Hey, gotta match the DH bike, right?

PS - she's for sale if anyone's interested :spam:

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
if i buy a short travel fun bike in the future it will be an ndiza or yeti probably, is the ndiza built tough enough for jumping and such?

You must go to Clemson with all the orange on that bike!

I say we add some blue to it, put a UF symbol on the head tube, paint some gator heads on the frame and put on some swamp things:lighten:

Actually, thats a real nice naadizzzzyyy - you gonna race at Dark mtn?

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I can play now! 07 Tazer w/ pushed vanilla coil and argyle 302. Soon to be replaced by a 36. Shes a little portly but Ill get her lighter one of these days. 34lbs....
Lighter now...
Changed the fork to a 32 Talas
Stem - Thomson x4
Cassette - Dura Ace
Seat - SDG I-Fly
Tires - Kenda Small Block 8
Tubes - Maxxis flyweights

All of these changes made for a weight savings of 2.5 lbs. She's sittin' pretty at 31.5 lbs. and will be lighter once my new cranks arrive. A new wheelset is in the cards too, but I'm not sure which route I'm gonna go.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Ooh, I got one.

What do you guys recommend for a new wheelset? I don't have the money for I9's but I can get a deal on Mavics and Eastons. I was thinking Havoc AM. Anybody have experience with these?

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Here is my dual slalom/4x/dj/urban/cruiser/park bike, an older p1. I painted it myself with spray paint. I just got a new set of Shimano Saint brakes, woo! I need to get a new rear wheel badly, but that's about all that I plan on replacing anytime soon.

Feb 11, 2008
Not ideal for some courses but it is fast as hell weighting a drop under 25lb. I'm looking for CrossMax XL's which would make this my dream bike.
DSclosedown.JPG

DScloseuprear.JPG

dancorley

Chimp
Apr 20, 2008
Colorado
Saw a couple turners and one blur on this thread...curious about the weight of those turners...also anyone ridden both and have an opinion on turner vs blur?