Quantcast

DVO Jade Reviews?

Swarz

Chimp
Nov 3, 2018
Before I bought Jade I came across this thread. Couldn't decide whether to buy it or not because information on internet is scarce. After I bought it I decided just to share some info for people like me. Especially after reading this thread I was afraid that I will not be able to dial proper compression damping but this turned out to be not true. I know that this is probably not the best damper it's a simple monotube and shocks like X2 or DHX2 will beat it at least in terms of adjustability but if you can get good deal like I got it will get the job done. Funny thing that someone marked me as a bot. If I was a bot, my artificial inteligence would have to be spectacular to write replies like this :-) but I don't want to overrate myself and sorry for english which is not my native language

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Hey @Swarz no one marked you as a bot, the system just automatically marks as spam long posts from new members (especially if they post a hyperlink). Your first post wasn't visible initially (might explain some of the comments). I marked it as "not spam" as soon as I saw it.

Swarz shared more details in his previous post which may have been missed earlier:
https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/dvo-jade-reviews.270842/page-2#post-4308840

Thankyou for sharing your experience, and welcome to the forum!

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Before I bought Jade I came across this thread. Couldn't decide whether to buy it or not because information on internet is scarce. After I bought it I decided just to share some info for people like me. Especially after reading this thread I was afraid that I will not be able to dial proper compression damping but this turned out to be not true. I know that this is probably not the best damper it's a simple monotube and shocks like X2 or DHX2 will beat it at least in terms of adjustability but if you can get good deal like I got it will get the job done. Funny thing that someone marked me as a bot. If I was a bot, my artificial inteligence would have to be spectacular to write replies like this :-) but I don't want to overrate myself and sorry for english which is not my native language
It's all good my friend, only kidwoo makes fun of us non-native english speakers. The rest of the monkeys are just crabby due to the effects of menopause.

chickendog

Chimp
Nov 23, 2018
I am new here , I am not a bot .I was looking at the Jade coil as it is the only coil shock I can find in proper size for my 27.5 stumpy EVO . I don't see many DVO products out and about but I believe they have a decent reputation .Just fishing for information , 210x52.5 .I can easily find in air but I definitely like the set and forget aspect of coil ,own a DH bike and am firm believer in coil shocks

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
I am new here , I am not a bot .I was looking at the Jade coil as it is the only coil shock I can find in proper size for my 27.5 stumpy EVO . I don't see many DVO products out and about but I believe they have a decent reputation .Just fishing for information , 210x52.5 .I can easily find in air but I definitely like the set and forget aspect of coil ,own a DH bike and am firm believer in coil shocks
Welcome to the forum chickendog (or manok-iro in my language).