Quantcast

E.13 Detailed pictures

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Most welcome. Can get confusing trying to explain when its not in front of you. That and i tend to get Hyper a Bit at times. Let us know How it all turns out once you get your New setup

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Price,

What is the BB shell width and what spindle length are you using? The Cuervo has a 150mm rear end right? If the frame a 73mm shell and 150mm rear end, it would probably work best with a 128mm spindle length instead of the 118. The few bikes that use this combo like a Vp Free and Demo 9 seem to come up with the best chainline and guide setup with the 128mm spindle.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
The BB spindle length should be determined by the rear end hub spacing. This will set a chainline that is needed for the frame. The adjustment of the chainguide tolerances is made by putting spacers between the ISCG moutning surface (tabs or adapter plate) and the guide's backplate. These spacers are provided in every guide kit. If the backplate needs to be spaced pretty far outboard then there are longer ISCG bolts included as well. With the new guide kits the spacers are more refined. We include nine 2.5mm spacers and three 1.25mm spacers. These will allow you to fine tune the backplate position. If you do not have these for the original guide then I'd be happy to send you some.
The upper slider should be within 2mm of the bashguard in the ideal setup. This can usually only be accomplished with a 3mm thick chainring only. Anything thicker and you will get the chain rubbing on the slider plates when the correct tolerances are met.
I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please feel free to get in touch at support@e13components.com
Regards,
Jonas

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Jonas said:
The BB spindle length should be determined by the rear end hub spacing. This will set a chainline that is needed for the frame. The adjustment of the chainguide tolerances is made by putting spacers between the ISCG moutning surface (tabs or adapter plate) and the guide's backplate. These spacers are provided in every guide kit. If the backplate needs to be spaced pretty far outboard then there are longer ISCG bolts included as well. With the new guide kits the spacers are more refined. We include nine 2.5mm spacers and three 1.25mm spacers. These will allow you to fine tune the backplate position. If you do not have these for the original guide then I'd be happy to send you some.
The upper slider should be within 2mm of the bashguard in the ideal setup. This can usually only be accomplished with a 3mm thick chainring only. Anything thicker and you will get the chain rubbing on the slider plates when the correct tolerances are met.
I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please feel free to get in touch at support@e13components.com
Regards,
Jonas
Thanks alot, Jonas. Thats what I needed. I got the new SRS for 06' so I won't need anything unless something is missing out of the kit. I didn't know that I could put spacers on the ISCG tabs so I wasn't sure what I was able to do. Thanks for that.