Quantcast

earthed 5 Trail is BADASS

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Oh boy! I love Earthed!

I (me, only me, not you, no implications) am sick of freeride videos with endless tricks built up trails. Some of the flowy FR films like much of Roam & Collective are sweet, but Earthed (and Drift, etc..) make me NUTZ!!

I dont even race!! (I love to go fast)

ZOOM

Edit: Yeah - some of the psycho flashing and the half-tone guy with a pipe in the middle was too much. I was annoyed in kranked 6 with the hyperactive angler swaps and the from under perspective being used too much. It was hard to really see the riding in the greater frame of things.

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
The riding looks great, but that trailer was just annoying with all the color flashing and rapid fire cuts.
i like the editing in that trailer. it flashes images in your mind, leaves a lot to the imagination, creates tension and draws the viewer in.
i think it's succesful in it's intent.
editing like that takes a lot of time and isn't easy.
it's good eye candy to me.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
yeah, and how was that relevant to a post regarding a disdain for movies only showcasing backflips?
do you lack reading comprehension skills?

when somone says "Thank god for the earth & hypnosis series because I can't stand watching those backflips." it is perfectly relevant to mention how soon (or how long of a wait) it will be until they are available in their full form for that person's enjoyment over said backflip movies.

think of it as saying "good thing earthed will be out next month since you hate these back flip moveis" or "too bad you will have to suffer through backflip movies until clay releases his movie in may"

this is how people have conversations, rather than stare blankly at each other all day long

thanks for calling me out cool guy

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
That color blip drove me absolutely nuts- I hated it!! Which is sad because the earthed 3 teaser is one of my all time favorite.

I watched NWD 8 teaser 6 times now, but I don't think I'll watch this one again.

dondon

Monkey
Oh Snap!!! Sick looking teaser. Can't wait. Its awesome having both Clay and Alex out there bringing two completely different styles and sounds to the best riding each year. Oh and the reason Clay's is out only in April, is cause he records alot of the riders parts and interviews in their home countries after the season is over. So although out in April, the footy is super fresh as some is shot in Dec/Jan/Feb/March in UK, AUS and South Africa 08. But back to the teaser...the grainy, scratchy edit and audio is perfect for a web teaser.

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
seems like it will be nice, can't wait to see sam hill's part in Bromont (I was there when they filmed it...) (you can see a glimpse of it in the trailer...)

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
i like the editing in that trailer. it flashes images in your mind, leaves a lot to the imagination, creates tension and draws the viewer in.
i think it's succesful in it's intent.
editing like that takes a lot of time and isn't easy.
it's good eye candy to me.
The flashing was unbearable. I stopped watching after about 45 seconds.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
huh. sounds like my opinion is wrong.

i like it cuz it's not the same old formula...it's different.
I've seen far too many internet videos (ranging from football to skateboarding) using that style. It looks pretty bad. I find it super obnoxious and incredibly hard to watch. If you like it that's cool, I'm just not a fan.

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
looks sped up....

i hate race videos...

;)

it looks bitchin! the music & style of the teaser fits perfectly! almost gives me a 'Transcontinental' vid feel... different style...but same "pumping action" that gets ya in the groove! can't wait! great work once again alex!

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Trailer looks insane, not a huge fan of the flashy colors but definately can't wait until it comes out.

drch

Chimp
Sep 24, 2007
the trailer looks awersome!

color bits are great-like in Pu****ToTheLimit, f*ck those fr movies where the shoot is more important then riding...dh:rockout:

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
Is it me, or does the dude dancing at 1:30 look like Weagle? He's got a goofy grin and is doing a crazy dance!
Gunner - ? on your signature - "Remember the lumber yard...go balls out." So do you go balls deep when you go balls out?

Video link - purple is the new black..... black is the new white..... red is still red and blue is still in arbitration.

Weagle - We could do a video comparison of him dancing at my wedding vs. this quick link. I think it could be him.... or ... maybe... just maybe.... a long lost twin that was separated at birth and sent to Maribor.......
maybe not.....

Michael