Quantcast

election day gfmt....the end of the world as we know it

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I will caution my one interaction with an Amazon UK Global purchase was for an X01 1195 cassette earlier this year. Parcel turned up with a battered looking SRAM X01 box that someone had put an NX cassette into it. Many phonecalls later I eventually got my money and return postage costs refunded. 1/10 would not bang.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Winter wheels for the car is on my to-do list before this coming weekend. But high temps all week I'll leave it a few more days.
I was thinking the same since there was a couple of inches of snow out this morning, and it's all packed hard ice now. but the forecast for the coming week is giving me second thoughts:
1604439704348.png

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
JD, that looks like a typical house in OR that doesn't do regular copper treatments on the roof.

It also wild to me how much your FIL's house looks like it was built by the same builder that did ours (based on floor plan, siding, roof overhang & shape, windows, brick work, flashing...). 1950s OR.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have to clean my roof off once a year to keep the moss away. I am in the shedding zone of my neighbors 5 50+ foot Douglas fir trees. I never need to buy mulch, I just collect it from my gutters.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Check out Zenni online. I just bout a pair of polarized prescription sunglasses for $75 shipped. Just as nice as my $400 Ray Bans and I won’t get pissed when I drop them..
I got my normal glasses from them and they're nice. Definitely flimsy and had no rubber nose pad, so I had to get 3m stickies to put on, but still only $50. I'll probably end up getting a pair of Oakley's or Smith's, so I can get better lenses, as they will be my riding glasses too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The biggest problem now with buying out of Europe, is the embargo by SRAM and Shimano.
Instead of sorting out their NA distributors ass raping us, they just prevent the European stores from selling to us.

6 months before the embargo I bought a pair of XTR Trail pedals out of Germany for 125.00 cdn, and the best I could find in Canada was 229.00. The US price by the time getting to Canada was within a couple of dollars of the Canadian price.

Same for my Hayes Dominion A4's. I bought Brakes, Rotors and Adapters shipped for cheaper than the dealer cost for just the brakes alone in the US.
Yeah we are SOL pretty much now for that stuff. It really, really sucks! The prices on some stuff doesn't even make sense when accounting for a generous buttraping with the currency conversion.

For example a recent purchase I made was Shimano brake pads. They are selling around $26 in the USA, which is around $34 Canadian. But up here? Nope, they are selling for $50, PLUS tax. WTF?

Dude, remember the good old days when the Canadian dollar was on par with the US and we could buy stuff from the states for half the cost of what it was up here? Those were the days man! Dreams...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Yeah we are SOL pretty much now for that stuff. It really, really sucks! The prices on some stuff doesn't even make sense when accounting for a generous buttraping with the currency conversion.

For example a recent purchase I made was Shimano brake pads. They are selling around $26 in the USA, which is around $34 Canadian. But up here? Nope, they are selling for $50, PLUS tax. WTF?

Dude, remember the good old days when the Canadian dollar was on par with the US and we could buy stuff from the states for half the cost of what it was up here? Those were the days man! Dreams...
Good reason to ride something else.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
how much change did you get out of them?
I broke the bolt cutters and I stopped checking keys. I have heard a few coins in maybe 3 of them. My guess is there is $1.75 total, but not worth trying to get at.

There is a box with maybe 1000 keys in it. Many are the same, but not all of them.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Today is a very important day for one reason and one reason only........I got my frame from PC and I have to say, the dude knocked it out of the fucking park. Light silver with a matte finish clear coat....raw ano look in real, non-maintenance finish. Ran out of time before I had to go pick up the older kid at school, but will finish the chainstay pivot assembly, pressing in headset cups and BB bearings, and pre-run the cables/housing for deraileur and dropper while it's easy to do (no fork). Stock frame protectors and decal kit will go on once the decals arrive, due this week.

11/10 would recommend Drew's powdercoating in Pepperell for you MA monkeys.
2.jpg

1.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I broke the bolt cutters and I stopped checking keys. I have heard a few coins in maybe 3 of them. My guess is there is $1.75 total, but not worth trying to get at.

There is a box with maybe 1000 keys in it. Many are the same, but not all of them.
You've been around here long enough to know the answer

p_1000147136.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Browsing the monkey while mandatory social media security training session plays in another tab....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Today is a very important day for one reason and one reason only........I got my frame from PC and I have to say, the dude knocked it out of the fucking park. Light silver with a matte finish clear coat....raw ano look in real, non-maintenance finish. Ran out of time before I had to go pick up the older kid at school, but will finish the chainstay pivot assembly, pressing in headset cups and BB bearings, and pre-run the cables/housing for deraileur and dropper while it's easy to do (no fork). Stock frame protectors and decal kit will go on once the decals arrive, due this week.

View attachment 151734
View attachment 151733
Youll be a more patient man than I if you can wait 6 months for it to get built up. My bank account would be nervous if I was faced with the same.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

View attachment 151734
View attachment 151733
that looks super good :thumb:

but, try shining a fucking light on it before you take pictures. :D COME ON MAN!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

View attachment 151734
View attachment 151733
Oh-oh-oh---ohlins

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What will you do with those?
Recycling is key. The tweaker next door is pissed. I guess he has been trying to get pops to let him haul those off free of charge for him.

My guess is we will clear $600 for the lot. I can neither confirm nor deny the presents of cement blocks in the bottom of some machines.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Went for a little test ride on the new bike.
Got a new compressor that Ace had at 1/2 off, so the day got better. Now hopefully our national nightmare will only go on for 3 more months...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What's up dude?
New front tooth crown looked like shit because challenging to match color/translucency of my teeth. I rejected it and will be visiting the dental lab directly, hoping they can do a better job if they see my teeth directly.
You have Veteran's Day off? Hoping to put an afternoon ride together with my bro, I can let you know what the plan is.
I don't think I do but I'll check.
It's been a while- I can cash in my guilt card and try and get a ride together this weekend if you want.
That would be awesomeness. Millerica on Saturday? I'll bring the shockerzz.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

I bought my 1upUSA rack in those halcyon days... even had it shipped to a US address so didn't have to pay brokerage fees .Friends asking me about them nowadays nearly choke when I send them to the website.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
New front tooth crown looked like shit because challenging to match color/translucency of my teeth. I rejected it and will be visiting the dental lab directly, hoping they can do a better job if they see my teeth directly.

Same happened to me in September..we got it right on the second try. My dentist told me it's not uncommon for it to take three tries. Good thing it's 'no charge' till they get it right.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Still alive.
Weather this week is looking very fine.
Elbow did fine with some easy slow trails.
Pretty sore afterword, but some post ride ice and stretching and no worse for wear the next day. Progress is very slow but steady.
Maybe a ride today, but definitely tomorrow.

@Sandwich Just finished some retail therapy on R2-Bike. Zee Germans have some incredible pricing - at least for the stuff I ordered. I did a quick check - Your MT Trail Sports are 150 USD.

Remember, pricing shown is with VAT, login, or change your location to see the export price with VAT removed.
These guys ship to Canada? Last I checked bike discount.de want shipping here because of covid restrictions...?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

What time you dudes thinking about Millerica?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I don't think we're having plans for Saturday yet but I would be up for it - although I sense my ass will be whooped.
In other news, I've ordered some spare drivetrain parts because fuckit, life is short.