Quantcast

Eurobike 2008

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Do you just keep telling them the frames are out being heat treated? :D

Kiddin, they actually look real nice!
Bikes are just starting to arrive, I just received my new Disco on Tuesday, just need a few more parts and I'll be posting the pics. Jan has done a great job so far in his return to the scene, and it's just the beginning:thumb:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Seb it looks really nice and it sounds like you like the ride too. The black raw carbon!

If its the same weight as the current alu version what is the weight then?

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
For those of you that are uncomfortable hanging out with bare breasted euros, maybe this would be more your speed.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Seb it looks really nice and it sounds like you like the ride too. The black raw carbon!

If its the same weight as the current alu version what is the weight then?
Current frame isn't too bad. Mine is ~4.20kg with all hardware etc but without shock/spring. My shock & 450lb ti spring comes to 699g. So frame only 9.25lb, with shock 10.80lb.

Do have to run the ****ty DHi-specific chaindevice though, which as stock is 580g or something. Got mine down to 411g by going carbon plates but it's still a LONG way off of an LG1 etc. I think on the newer-style DHi (and hence the fury) you can run any chain device you want, so weight to be saved there for sure.

I'll buy the carbon one even if it's a pound heavier, lightweight isn't everything... :)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yes I was "impressed" with the large amount of links too. Their tube manipulation looks nice though.

Last edited:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I don't know, but they don't look a million miles from Alligator/Tioga iLink cables. Or Nokon ones. I used the iLinks a few months ago, and they were utter turd, I cannot recommend them at all.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
were can i get housings like this?!?!?!?

Stay away, The joints between each bead wear against each other making the housing constantly shorten. So if you like having your shifting always just off this is the housing for you.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
If it is an older one, I feel like an idiot for not realizing.
Still a stupid design, in my opinion.
It is the original vp-free.
I have never damaged the lower link on my 04 despite running lots of sag, a shorter than stock shock to lower the BB, a 36t ring and living in the northeast.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I wonder what kind of bike needs the kind of damping you get from two DHX A's.

I guess that one.

Anyway, there are some other cool pictures in there, but I'm surprised the new fox shock isn't getting more buzz, the vivid certainly got alot of buzz, the new DHX looks like CCDB with bottom out and shims (I assume) - sounds pretty savage if you ask me

Last edited:

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
Anyone seen anything from Sunn, the new Radical perchance? I heard a rumour there was going to be a new beefed up one released end of this year that would sort out the snappy snappy problems.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yes, the high and low speed compression replaces the propedal. The rest is as it is now it seems: Bottom out resistance, adjustable tuning range via schraeder valve, rebound and preload.