Quantcast

Eurobike live

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006

WHOA.

Kona does it again with the paint jobs. They used to just look plain and boring, now it looks like they were inspired by a pride parade.

Ugliest. Bike. Ever.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

WHOA.

Kona does it again with the paint jobs. They used to just look plain and boring, now it looks like they were inspired by a pride parade.

Ugliest. Bike. Ever.
while i am at it, despite the fact i do like kona's, this one is an abortion.

edit - the "stab supreme" sticker looks like "star supreme" and combined wih that sticker kit, they ought to sell a ton to electroclash loving WeHo freeriders.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
...they ought to sell a ton to electroclash loving WeHo freeriders.
What the hell is a WeHo?

edit: google told me. Maybe they'll have an urban downhill race through (We)st (Ho)llywood, complete with rainbow-patterned wallrides and a finish line jump into a bath house pool.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
What I learned from Eurobike:
1. Machined black links are in...regardless of where they are bolted on.
2. Machined black links are available in 732 different frames
3. I will be happy when the industry is monopolized by 4 bike companies and no one else can make crap and call it a bike.
4. Animal prints belong on shoes.
5. Being a model for Marzocchi for more than 1 year drives one to meth.
6. Gearboxes are in. But must be somewhat round with super big bolts?
7. The Ellsworth Dare is back...and I don't know why.
8. Patterned tires don't get you a beatdown overseas.
9. Canadian bike frame manufacturers are way too high on their own supply to build bikes anymore...let alone paint them!
10. Kona got bored and put a giant bolt on a bike...
11. White bikes are cool...but white eurobikes are trash.
12. Crank brothers are dark, evil geniuses!!!
13. I WANT A SNOW TRACTOR BIKE!!!

That is all....

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
The 2200 wheel set is just a 5.1 on a cheaper onyx style hub. Not sure if the rim is welded or not.

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
I think it's funny how companies can just make random ****, that they think is cool, that provides absolutely no edge over the competition besides dumb looks. Case in point, the spyder pedal.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT

WHOA.

Ugliest. Bike. Ever.
I believe this is Tracy Mosley's Worlds Bike. The '08 Stab Supreme/Deluxe don't look anything like this bike. They have very similar paint schemes to last year.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
I think it's funny how companies can just make random ****, that they think is cool, that provides absolutely no edge over the competition besides dumb looks. Case in point, the spyder pedal.
I think the spyder pedals look pretty cool. There's only so many ways to make a flat pedal. These look a bit narrow which is good for 83mm BB bikes. They also look a bit longer than most, which might be good?

Let's face it; things like paint, decals, and even hydro formed tubes are often just for looks, but it's the look that often sells a product. If one product is as effective as another, but has a better look, you'll buy the better looking product.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
not always true. i like steel bikes primarily for the ride quality, and ability to repair a frame. but i also like the simple looks of normal tube stock.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
giggity giggity giggity two stage giggity giggity.

that's all i have to say about that.

although part of me still wants a lapierre...they should build/sell a nico version (aka the one he rides)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
BV.... that looks a lot like a homemade bike by a father/son team in england. enclosed chain, but it had a homemade shock too. and apparently that one kicks ass.