Quantcast

Ever run over a snake?

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Rattlesnakes and copperheads. Mean reptilian bastards around here.

I rolled backwards into what I thought was a pit of rattlesnakes yesterday. Instead, it was just sticks in my back. Luckily there were no snakes and Wumpus was kind enough to help me up, instead of taking pics.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
If a snake wore leather pants wouldn't that just be plain stupid?

Never ridden over a snake be we did catch a small one once at Diablo.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i would see snakes on the trail at least a couple time a month, more so in the rainy season. running them over, maybe about once every 3 months? i have been lucky soo far, the snakes seem to be a startled as i am and are trying to get out of the way asap. all of them being cobras, have yet to see one hood up tho.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Rattlesnakes and copperheads. Mean reptilian bastards around here.

I rolled backwards into what I thought was a pit of rattlesnakes yesterday. Instead, it was just sticks in my back. Luckily there were no snakes and Wumpus was kind enough to help me up, instead of taking pics.

Only because you were whining so much.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i would see snakes on the trail at least a couple time a month, more so in the rainy season. running them over, maybe about once every 3 months? i have been lucky soo far, the snakes seem to be a startled as i am and are trying to get out of the way asap. all of them being cobras, have yet to see one hood up tho.
/thread. You win. I'm never biking in SE Asia.