Quantcast

Ex's...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I lived with a girl for 4 years. She was going to school getting her masters and working part time waitressing. I paid for absolutely everything during the relationship as she was supposed to be a broke student. I caught her cheating on me and dumped her. I soon found out she had some large grants to pay for school, her mother was giving her money to go to school and she made almost as much money as I did. After 4 years I had about $500 to my name and she had saved over $40,000. Good times.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Sad but true... almost without exception, every male I know has been taken for at least some cash by their ex's. Some have been completely financially destroyed by a woman.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Just because the ladies aren't getting on here talking about how men did them wrong, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
I don't think anyone said otherwise. Or is it that you are upset because the word "cunt" was used?

For some reason women HATE that word.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just because the ladies aren't getting on here talking about how men did them wrong, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Yep, there are just as many dicks out there as there are cunts. Just more dudes talking about their experiences with the ladies. I wish my Sister would make her husband an ex and talk trash about him in this thread.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That's rude:disgust:.
No it's an accurate portrayal of someone who takes your money and lies to you in a relationship.

There are plenty of men out there that are a** holes too.
I post on the same message board as n8 and this is supposed to be news to me?

You looked kind of cute on the old speed metal dh racing page. Now that you're single, wanna hang out? I'm the internet stalker type looking for long term and immediate commitment and know how to work on DHR like a champ.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Sad but true... almost without exception, every male I know has been taken for at least some cash by their ex's. Some have been completely financially destroyed by a woman.
I've never been married but I've had plenty of 3+ year relationships and I'm on good terms with every single one of them.

Hence my question...........where do some of you guys find these cunts?

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
I post on the same message board as n8 and this is supposed to be news to me?

You looked kind of cute on the old speed metal dh racing page. Now that you're single, wanna hang out? I'm the internet stalker type looking for long term and immediate commitment and know how to work on DHR like a champ.

my vote for post of the day

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
But there are the cases of the women coming out with the raw end of the deal also.

My beauty of an ex had no freakin' clue when it came to finances and although he did cough up a good chunk of the money it was still me who ended up losing in the end (even though to this day I still don't think he'll ever quite understand that just because I made more money doesn't mean I should have to pick up the slack for his screwups.)

By far my favorite though was finding out about 2 years after we split up that he had taken out a line of credit using my name and forging my signature months after we had split. Wasn't that a nice suprise to find on my credit report. Funny thing is that even when I asked him about it he STILL insisted on lying about it saying it was an old account of ours re-opened and god only knows what other BS. The funniest part was that the forged signature wasn't even close to mine! Seriously, how many pieces of paper did he have with my signature and that's the best he could do!

But really, the money issues were just the icing on the cake. I would have gladly lost all that money if I could erase the memories and emotional baggage I now carry from the crap he put me thru. So not all women come out ahead!

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think some are able to sniff out character flaws / gold-digger tendencies faster than others... There are a series of 'tests' you can run your significant other through to see where their true intentions lie...

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
I think some are able to sniff out character flaws / gold-digger tendencies faster than others... There are a series of 'tests' you can run your significant other through to see where their true intentions lie...

...and it involves a bucket of water for their feet, some duct tape,a set of jumper cables and a good deep cycle battery and exposed nipples

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Hehehe! That's why the second time around I'm happy that I'm not the breadwinner :D

But yes, there are a lot of manipulative women out there...but there are also a bunch of assholes!

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
But really, the money issues were just the icing on the cake. I would have gladly lost all that money if I could erase the memories and emotional baggage I now carry from the crap he put me thru. So not all women come out ahead!
That's a huge mystery to me... why men hold more weight against the financial damage of a break up rather than the 'emotional scars' you are referring to...

Are we really cold emotionless monoliths who only wish to protect our precious piles of silver rather than our heart-strings?

... someone hold me...:wait:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I think some are able to sniff out character flaws / gold-digger tendencies faster than others...
No doubt. This thread is full of people with no ability to spot crazies and users. I am on good terms with all of my ex's and have been married with the same awesome woman for 17 years.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Please share. It's too late for me, but maybe you can save someone else.

Perhaps because someone in my own family has been ganked ass-wise by 3 different women, or perhaps it is simply my own observation of human nature...

How I play it... I am generally a romantic guy and chivalrous in almost every way with the exception of being 'the provider'. I will always spring a surprise dinner or 'night out' on my girlfriend, and be quite generous during birthdays, holidays, etc., but if we have been together longer than 30 days, I will simply express to them that regardless of our associated "net worths", we each have our own financial goals, and neither are less important than the other. I will let them know that I want us to be on equal ground and share in our expenses... and to make sure that the relationship is built on each others trust, values, and friendship, rather than a reliance on finances.

If they really have a problem with that approach, then its quite possible that they will trend to the side of "financial dependents". :lighten:

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
That's a huge mystery to me... why men hold more weight against the financial damage of a break up rather than the 'emotional scars' you are referring to...

Are we really cold emotionless monoliths who only wish to protect our precious piles of silver rather than our heart-strings?

... someone hold me...:wait:
Yea, that is one interesting difference between men and women. I think it might just come down to that fact that, in general, men can "turn-off" their emotions easier than women. I wish I could do it sometimes...but then again, it's all part of who I am I guess. The part that really sucks about the emotional baggage is that it's not just you who has to cope with it, those in your next relationship have to deal with it as well because there are some things that just stick with you longer than others and are a lot harder to overcome. Also, women will talk about their emotions more so people are more aware of them I think.

So...I guess I'll hold you if you can teach me how to turn off my emotions...lol!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
We all have baggage. Men are just better at keeping it limited to carry-on.

Nah, women are just smarter. Men tend to repress things more, until it comes out in the wrong way. Men are also less able to admit why they do things, so the womens are confused. It's probably got something to do with stereotypes, expected roles, that kind of thing.

But that's right, the women are smarter. Smarter than the men in every way.

Wanna go out?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Nah, women are just smarter. Men tend to repress things more, until it comes out in the wrong way. Men are also less able to admit why they do things, so the womens are confused. ?
No it's because everything that comes into a woman's head, she has to discuss at great lengths, with you, and whoever's on speed dial on her cell phone, going over every single possibility of cause, outcome, course of action, and be astounded that no one else is interested but other yapping women.

Men on the other hand dismiss petty things and get on to what counts, like nascar, beer girls, and buying big trucks to make up for their lack of woman pleasing pokers. This makes them much smarter. Which is fortunate since so many of them are expected to be and fufill the role of bread winner since it's the proper judeo christian thing to do.

It's probably got something to do with stereotypes, expected roles, that kind of thing.
I don't follow........

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I know, you're a leader.:
No I just meant I didn't understand that sentence.

I guess what I mean is, all real men know that discussing emotion is gay.

:monkeydance:
Damn straight.

Some of the guys from the Sigma house are coming over tonight and we're gonna get wasted and punch each other in the testicles naked and talk about how straight and emotionally independent we are.

You coming over?

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
1 marriage - 16 years
1 kid

0 divorce

My wife on the other hand married a "winner" on her first try. She had to change schools on the last year of her BS degree because the only grad school he could get in was in another part of the country. Then he ran up a ton of debt in her name, and started hitting on his fellow grad students. The he wanted her to drop out of school and get a job to pay off all debt he ran up drinking and partying.

On the plus side he was such a loser that I could simply come home and not sleep around and I'd probably be able to skate by.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm glad I didn’t get screwed with cash, though it seems things may have gotten to that point. My ex was older than me, didn’t have a job, or even her drivers license. I payed for the rent bought all the food, etc. She cleaned up the apartment while I worked a 8-6 software job 5 days a week. Sorry this thread was just a nice excuse to vent slightly.