Quantcast

Fůňçťïôņäł Fřĩðæŷ gmt

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Me and splat managed a little nine mile shorty after the rain ended yesterday. Today is sunny and we will ride until our nuts fall off.

ETA for you with KT familiarity: Planning to pedal over to East Haven, do a couple of runs there, pedal back to the White School area, then Darling Hill. Get some.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

I think I have to relocate the recycling bins. Something was in one of the bins making a racket, moving all the cans and whatever around. Eventually had to get up and yell at it to fuck off, which it did thankfully.

Anyways, work time.

Also props to the appropriate use of special characters for the thread title!

1727440371936.png

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
A bit stormy this morning. Riding is out this weekend due to the area becoming a swamp. Maybe some track time this weekend?

Next week is college tour time. She’s worked her butt off for her grades….let’s see how the college apps go.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Crawl space is mostly dried out, and the remediation crew started removing mold contaminated material yesterday. They’ll continue doing that today, and hopefully spraying some kill-all-the-mold stuff as well. Eventually they move on to the living space, checking under floorboards and wall trim to see how far “up” the damage goes. I finally talked to the claim adjuster from the insurance company, sounds like most or all of the work being done will be covered. And if the subflooring and/or flooring has water damage, we’ll be getting paid-for new floors. Hot dang! That said, we’re still staying at the neighbor’s and wearing N95 masks to go in and out of our own house. It fucking sucks one million dicks, but on the other hand I am grateful that we’re in a position to even have this kind of a problem, i.e. we aren’t homeless.

So Teh Weekend Vibes® are looking like staining our fence and/or mold fogging our house, hopefully an in-town ride or two, and then driving down to Denver so I can take my dad for a routine medical procedure on Monday morning.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Outstanding dinner last night with the kids. The wife commented on how happy Lil Man was and just what a nice vibe the kids have. Like any parent, you just want your kids to be happy. My boy seems very happy and is raising two amazing kids. We really hope they stop here and just enjoy it.

I also got some awesome socks, my boy is really good. He said he asked the store lady "what is the ugliest pair of socks you have?" And here they are and I can't wait to rock them on the golf course.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
“Dysfunctional” is a better word, as I might have retorn my ACL repair from 2012. It’s been bothering me for a while, but two days ago, I sprinted to the front door while I was cooking, only to find a mayoral candidate on the doorstop. Somehow tweaked something hard.
I have an MRI on Monday.
So that would make a possible 5 surgeries that I need in the next year.
Shoulder replacement
Thumb reconstruction
Nerve damage/carpal tunnel repair on index finger
Trigger finger repair on right pinkie
Possible knee replacement (I already have one)

However, I can still ride my bike, and plan to do so until mid November. 10 days in Colorado and Utah, followed by two weeks in Perú should wear me the fuck out.
Life is pain, kids.
Eat your oatmeal.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Crawl space is mostly dried out, and the remediation crew started removing mold contaminated material yesterday. They’ll continue doing that today, and hopefully spraying some kill-all-the-mold stuff as well. Eventually they move on to the living space, checking under floorboards and wall trim to see how far “up” the damage goes. I finally talked to the claim adjuster from the insurance company, sounds like most or all of the work being done will be covered. And if the subflooring and/or flooring has water damage, we’ll be getting paid-for new floors. Hot dang! That said, we’re still staying at the neighbor’s and wearing N95 masks to go in and out of our own house. It fucking sucks one million dicks, but on the other hand I am grateful that we’re in a position to even have this kind of a problem, i.e. we aren’t homeless.

So Teh Weekend Vibes® are looking like staining our fence and/or mold fogging our house, hopefully an in-town ride or two, and then driving down to Denver so I can take my dad for a routine medical procedure on Monday morning.
I missed it, what happened to the house? Flooded?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I missed it, what happened to the house? Flooded?
Yeah, I haven't been super chatty about it... but the short(ish) version is we discovered that our water heater failed (expansion tank and the T&P valve were the culprits) and was dumping a gallon or more of hot water per hour into our crawlspace for who the fuck even fucking knows how long. T&P valve and it's overflow pipe was plumbed to a flexible piece of tubing that just went through the floor into the dirt crawl space, so we never knew it was failing. Everything in the crawl space is (was?) a muddy, moldy mess.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Yeah, I haven't been super chatty about it... but the short(ish) version is we discovered that our water heater failed (expansion tank and the T&P valve were the culprits) and was dumping a gallon or more of hot water per hour into our crawlspace for who the fuck even fucking knows how long. T&P valve and it's overflow pipe was plumbed to a flexible piece of tubing that just went through the floor into the dirt crawl space, so we never knew it was failing. Everything in the crawl space is (was?) a muddy, moldy mess.
This dude puts out some top notch products and systems, did a couple of crawlspaces with these products, and made things so much easier and useable for not much money https://crawlspace-diy.com/

Also check out this channel and other stuff https://www.youtube.com/@CrawlSpaceNinja

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i get your frustration. we've had some dumb yet painful issues with our house.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
This dude puts out some top notch products and systems, did a couple of crawlspaces with these products, and made things so much easier and useable for not much money https://crawlspace-diy.com/

Also check out this channel and other stuff https://www.youtube.com/@CrawlSpaceNinja
Thanks, dude! I definitely discovered Crawl Space Ninja in the last week, but haven't dove deep just yet. I'll check the other link you sent as well.

i get your frustration. we've had some dumb yet painful issues with our house.
"Buy a house," they said.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
“Dysfunctional” is a better word, as I might have retorn my ACL repair from 2012. It’s been bothering me for a while, but two days ago, I sprinted to the front door while I was cooking, only to find a mayoral candidate on the doorstop. Somehow tweaked something hard.
I have an MRI on Monday.
So that would make a possible 5 surgeries that I need in the next year.
Shoulder replacement
Thumb reconstruction
Nerve damage/carpal tunnel repair on index finger
Trigger finger repair on right pinkie
Possible knee replacement (I already have one)

However, I can still ride my bike, and plan to do so until mid November. 10 days in Colorado and Utah, followed by two weeks in Perú should wear me the fuck out.
Life is pain, kids.
Eat your oatmeal.
You know whenever my aches and pains are bugging me I pop over to MTBR and read the 50+ Years Old forum... and I always feel so much better.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

If you arret planning on it already, I would suggest something like this. Water leaks sensors under every sink/drain/toilet connection paired with a remote shutoff valve. Some shutoff valves will even monitor flow and if a persistent trickle is detected, it'll cut water to the house.

I can attest to it. A leak sensor saved my bacon a few months back. I was cleaning out the aerator in a faucet and things went back together and looked fine. Except every time a faucet was turned on it would flow back up the neck and drip into the vanity behind all my wife's stuff. If not for thr leak sensor, I wouldn't have seen that until real damage was done. I now have leak sensors everywhere. A little peace of mind.

gonefirefightin

free wieners

If you arret planning on it already, I would suggest something like this. Water leaks sensors under every sink/drain/toilet connection paired with a remote shutoff valve. Some shutoff valves will even monitor flow and if a persistent trickle is detected, it'll cut water to the house.

I can attest to it. A leak sensor saved my bacon a few months back. I was cleaning out the aerator in a faucet and things went back together and looked fine. Except every time a faucet was turned on it would flow back up the neck and drip into the vanity behind all my wife's stuff. If not for thr leak sensor, I wouldn't have seen that until real damage was done. I now have leak sensors everywhere. A little peace of mind.
if you really want to get geeky, these will detect and shut off all in one and is expandable, been using these for the last couple years with zero faults

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Damn, that blows (to put it lightly).

Hopefully it doesn't take much longer to be remedied.

And glad ya noticed sooner than later, when the mold might start affecting your health.