Quantcast

Fabien Barel beats out Minaar and Hill for WC win

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
google translated french

After some drops this night, the final of the Descent was done in Gets on a dry track and slipping and owes a public increasingly many
Anne Caroline Chausson and Vincent Saut fell unfortunately both to the drives and were evacuated in hélico. Anne-Caro broke the clavicle by typing a tree and we do not have yet a news of Vincent. There on the other hand was chance among boys.

Men:
1 - Fabien Barel (FRA)
2 - Greg Minnaar (RSA)
3 - Sam Hill (AUS)
4 - Joel Panozzo (AUS)
5 - Nathan Rennie (AUS)
6 - David Vasquez (Esp)
7 - Julien Camellini (FRA)
8 - Cédric Gracia (FRA)
9 - Marc Beaumont (GBR)
10 - Gee Atherton (GBR)

Steve Peat fell right before the arrival whereas it had one second at intermediate time in advance, it finishes 11th.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Men:
1 - Fabien Barel (FRA)
2 - Greg Minnaar (RSA)
3 - Sam Hill (AUS)
4 - Joel Panozzo (AUS)
5 - Nathan Rennie (AUS)
6 - David Vasquez (Esp)
7 - Julien Camellini (FRA)
8 - Cédric Gracia (FRA)
9 - Marc Beaumont (GBR)
10 - Gee Atherton (GBR)

Ladies:
1 - Vanessa Quin (NZL)
2 - Mio Suemasa (JPN)
3 - Celine Gros (FRA)
4 - Marla Streb (the USA)
5 - Marielle Saner (SUI)
6 - Kathy Pruitt (the USA)
7 - April Lawyer (the USA)
8 - LISA Sher (the USA)
9 - Danika Schoerter (EDGE)
10 - Nolvenn Caer (FRA)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
no real news here but i just wanted to add that i rode 2/3 of the course last week... lemme tell ya it looked TAME in the video link... def'n the toughest course i ve ever ridden... the bunker drop is insane at race speeds you can jump as far as you want, 30 - 40 feet no worries... we rode off it at just above a jog and got launched about 10 feet... there was one super tech / steep part in the woods... totally nuts

bad luck to peat... congrats to the rest

CMON THE AUSSIES !!!!!! :)

partsbara

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
barrels run was soo fast
the hip coming out of teh super bermed chikane was awsome.
then he clipped that pole!!!
and pinned so fast where peat crashed!

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
bcd said:
barrels run was soo fast
the hip coming out of teh super bermed chikane was awsome.
then he clipped that pole!!!
and pinned so fast where peat crashed!
I rode that course last year, and man, those guys are soooo fast. I can't hardly recognize the course, cuz these guys FLY 10feet over everything I had a hard time with...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Trond said:
I rode that course last year, and man, those guys are soooo fast. I can't hardly recognize the course, cuz these guys FLY 10feet over everything I had a hard time with...
exactly

super evil course...

partsbara

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
I just heard Carter won 4x

oh...and can I get a "fok yeah!!" for top U.S. finisher Chris Van Dine (32nd, at 10.00) - way to go bud!!! :thumb: No other American made the top 60

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
that 4x course looked awsome, cool how they put those logs in there and that tripple drop to make it a little more tech

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Acadian said:
I just heard Carter won 4x

oh...and can I get a "fok yeah!!" for top U.S. finisher Chris Van Dine (32nd, at 10.00) - way to go bud!!! :thumb: No other American made the top 60
The US women took 4th, 6th, 7th, and 8th though!! Good job gals!

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
kidwoo said:
No sh!t. I'm watching that thinking "now here's a 4x course where a mountain bike has an advantage......finally".
Yes exactly! Theres a reason why mountain bikes have suspension. Why not take advantage of it? Im tired of all the lame 5 foot vertical drop courses that could be ridden on road bikes (snowmass). This is MOUNTAIN BIKING! I hope course designers here in the US are paying attention...

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Trond said:
OMG! Did you see Carter pass everyone on that one turn?!!

now that is a the definition of a "HIGH low move"

poor sari got soo gated, O, sari, so sari :D :love: - :heart:

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Its also good to see most big names giving up skin suits. Cmon this is DH its our own breed thats like roadie crap. BTW what was up with Peat talking to skinsuit trash and then busting one out last year at worlds? Its obviously not that much of an advantage consider Peat was up a full second on Barel until he had his digger. BTW who won juniorworlds?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
biker3 said:
Its also good to see most big names giving up skin suits. Cmon this is DH its our own breed thats like roadie crap. BTW what was up with Peat talking to skinsuit trash and then busting one out last year at worlds? Its obviously not that much of an advantage consider Peat was up a full second on Barel until he had his digger. BTW who won juniorworlds?
a skinsuit is a HUGE advantage ont he proper course. Ask Kovarik about this...

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Next time I see and talk to kovarik ill ask him, but until then I think its lame and just getting WAY too over the top . Winning is important but you shouldn't have to jump in a 1 piece skinsuit and be a hypocrit (Steve Peat) because your worried the other guy in the suit will win. DH isn't the same as road riding and cross country, baggy shorts and jerseys have become a part of the sport and it should stay that way IMO. Riders should just use an unwritten rule when it comes to that or something?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
biker3 said:
Next time I see and talk to kovarik ill ask him, but until then I think its lame and just getting WAY too over the top . Winning is important but you shouldn't have to jump in a 1 piece skinsuit and be a hypocrit (Steve Peat) because your worried the other guy in the suit will win. DH isn't the same as road riding and cross country, baggy shorts and jerseys have become a part of the sport and it should stay that way IMO. Riders should just use an unwritten rule when it comes to that or something?
The point about kovarik is that he lost ona few occasions by a thousandth of a second or 2. That is wearing a skinsuit, sinetad of wearing a stupid looking baggy outfit.

You have to do what you have to do to win. Do you think those sharkskin suits for swimming look dumb? Maybe so, but they are setting world records because of them.

edit: I do agree that peaty is a hypocrit about that. He also had a custom SHORT troy lee visor done in order to wear a visor, yet have the advantages of none. smart, but hypocritical.

unwritten rules are stupid. If i was at that level, youc an bet your ass i would be wearing a skinsuit when appropriate and doing everything possible to get that edge without breaking rules (ie:doping)

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I am actually thrilled to see Minaar and his Honda get beat. I was getting sick of hearing about that ugly peice of crap that honda calls a mtb.