Quantcast

Fantasy DH 2021

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I haven't done anything fantasy in 25+ years. From glancing at qually results, I crushed it with my female rider choices and my mens were terrible - 5th I think was best and no where for the rest.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mine was looking great in the womens until Vali starting thinking she'd won with one corner left.

My male picks, not so much.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I at least checked this time that all my riders are due to try and qualify.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Last time I left Flo Payet in dammit. This time its Thibaut thats probably not gonna be there.

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
Last time I left Flo Payet in dammit. This time its Thibaut thats probably not gonna be there.
I can´t imagine going down a dh track with half your tongue cut off is any fun or a particularly good way to put in a competitive time. The safe bet is probably to put your money on another guy for this race. Sucks though, dude seemed to be on pace and a serious podium threat this season.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I can´t imagine going down a dh track with half your tongue cut off is any fun or a particularly good way to put in a competitive time. The safe bet is probably to put your money on another guy for this race. Sucks though, dude seemed to be on pace and a serious podium threat this season.
Yeah my thoughts exactly. Even if he is racing, its hard to imagine he will be in top shelf. Pity cos he's such a wild bastard and he's won at Les Gets before. Starting to suspect bookies ran a hit on him and Amaury to loosen up the odds.

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
Well, apparently Daprela has re-smashed his face on the roadgap and has been "bleeding everywhere".
I guess that reaffirms our theory about riding dh with your tongue cut in half :fie:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
In hindsight, I feel dropping Thibaut wasn't a smart move. :doh:
My team had:
- Troy - Thought he was doing great but yaaay crash
- Vali - Assumed should would not crash in the last turn 2 times in a row
- Iniguez - I knew he was fast but apparently I need 3 people on my team to crash.

Also I considered the 2nd place German but I assumed he'd do worse in Les Gets... At the same time some guy from Poland is leading and he didn't even change his team post Leogang. Apparently trying to be smart here is not.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My top picks for this race were Vali and Hart.

So i think I'm last now...

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
At least I dropped Amaury, he would have gotten a few less points than Troy...:rolleyes:
I too had Max on my team, but dropped him last second for some frenchie who didn't get a single point.

Anyone want to place bets on Vali crashing next round? She's gotta have some mental block at this point.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Norbarstradamus FTW.

How about Minaar on that first booter? Flat lander and almost threw it away!

Stoked for Vergier, Team Croissant came through big time.

Another "fastest qualifier, poor race" for Vali. :fie:
Naah I made the obvious choices tbh, all the riders on my team are top performers this season. If I listened to the word on the street I'd have went with Loris over Daprela. I came to Maribor too late so I only saw 1-2 runs pre finals so I wasn't trusting Sven when someone was asking him about this next to me somewhere and I just overheard it.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Well that was a checkers or wreckers race! Too bad both my top guys got wrecked...
Super fun to watch, lots of excitement.

Pretty tight race for the top 3 right now, reminiscent of the 250 MX series.
Gonna watch the replay of yesterdays moto races now....:rockout:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I don't get paid enough to hand out shimz.

My dream team took a big hit at worldz. #sad....somehow I had been doing competitively in three races despite not even competing in the first....yeah not anymore.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I actually added Minnaar prior to worlds.. but most of the rest of my team had a terrible day, so I ended up with some mediocre points.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Anybody else sticking to his team like it's reality and not fantasy? I need some excuses for my terrible choices...