Quantcast

Favorite "speaker killer" album

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Everyone has a disk that as soon a sit hits the deck gets cranked to the max, resulting in speaker death.

Metallica, And Justice for All....
I cannot listen to any track on that album at anything less than deafeningly loud. My Tacoma's speaker's are dying because of it! :p

So what are some of y'all's picks?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
surprisingly enough, there's a bass frequency on Songs:Ohia's _The Lionness_ which really works my system.

i also recall "welcome to the machine" doing funny things to my woofer in college, when played at blasting level.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Most Flaming Lips records have some frequencies that tend to make speakers internally hemorrhage.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I play ALL my music loud!

But there are a few that are nice to crank up. Bad Brains' Banned in DC is great. Like Zark said, Metallica should be played loud. Flogging Molly is great loud. It's a bit cliche but the 1812 Overture is awsome. BOOM!

H8R said:
Most Flaming Lips records have some frequencies that tend to make speakers internally hemorrhage.
Oh yeah! The Flaming Lips! Another great and creative band.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Zark said:
Everyone has a disk that as soon a sit hits the deck gets cranked to the max, resulting in speaker death.

Metallica, And Justice for All....
I cannot listen to any track on that album at anything less than deafeningly loud. My Tacoma's speaker's are dying because of it! :p

So what are some of y'all's picks?
This thread kicks a$$. :thumb:

Dyers Eve from AJFA is such a rockin' tune!

Pistol Grip Pump from RATM seems to incite me to turn the volume *way* too loud too. :D

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
llkoolkeg said:
There are too many to list, so I'll just mention what I cranked this morning- Deftones "Adrenaline".
Good pick :thumb: Definitely worthy!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
one of my favorite full blast songs is "jesus built my hotrod" by ministry, with Gibby Haynes from BH surfers on vocals... best cranked full blast and my truck pinned at 90 on the freeway (90s all shes got captin......)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stoney98 said:
ooooohhhhh, good call on thrice. It just gave me chills thinking about it. I'm going to go listen to it loud toinght!! mmm.... melting point of wax. That's my theme song. I let my buddy borrow the CD, he'd never heard it. After listening to it, he knew that was my favorite song. It's the highlighted lines that gave it away.
Hmmmm.... from the sounds of that, maybe you should go huck you and your bike off of a 100 foot cliff. :think:

Maybe it's *not* impossible. :thumb:

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
SkaredShtles said:
Man those songs kick a$$. :thumb:
Hammer of Justice crushes you, all the cower! :evil: :evil: :devil: :sneaky:

Man, I'm all pumped up now, I feel like doing donuts in my truck and scaring old people :p

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
Dropkick Murphys - Live On St. Patrick's Day (There is NO such thing as too loud when listening to Al Barr belt out Barroom Hero :thumb:.)

Hatebreed - Perseverance

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Strapping Young Lad, Ministry, Slayer, and Fear Factory all get played loud enough to piss off the neighbors at my house.

That's what they get for eating dogs.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I don't think I will pick a heavy album.

The Hellacopters "By the Grace of God"

or these particular songs:

Hellaopters "Toys and Flavors", Hopeless Case of a Kid in Denial", "Gotta Move Right Outta Here".

Or these songs...

The Charlatans "Believe You Me"
Stone Roses "Standing Here" or "Fools Gold"

And I am not a particular fan of rap but I liked these songs when I saw the videos..
Jay Z "99 Problems"
Nas "Made You Look"

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I definitely agree with the Metallica and Rage; love those. Pretty natural picks for this sort of thing.

I may add Primus (think the live Tommy the Cat off of Rhinoplasty). I've been playing some tracks from Death From Above 1979-You're a Woman I'm a Machine pretty loud. A good song for loudness is "One Big Mob" off of One Hot Minute. What can I say, I love bass.