Quantcast

Ferarri is getting a bit uppity aren't they.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
When will Apple invent the iPunchyouinthefreakinface?

You have no concept as you prolly saw a '86 Vette with a 12" lift kit once and thought: "Hey, that's kick ass!"

:disgust1:
:plthumbsdown:

Maybe your not into the aftermarket car industry at all, but just because you change something on the car doesn't mean that all is lost.

It is still a Ferrari.

Anyways, what do you care, you'll never own a Ferrari.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
No, it's like any other limo service that has the cars original badges on it.
No, it isnt. It is not like any other limo service, Other "limos" were built for that reason by the manufacturer, or were built by an aftermarket company who had written permission to modify a trademarked item for commercial use.

Someone at Ferrari saying it will be fine, is much different than there corperate giving written permission to use there product for your own commercial use.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
He can do what he wants to the car, Until he is using in for commercial use. I did mention that, and thats what is really getting him into trouble.
Bingo once you use it for promotional/commercial purposes, it's a whole new set of rules. It goes for anything. Take the superbowl, you're allowed to scream all about going to the super bowl if you bought the tickets for personal use. If you bought them for promo use or to give away and you're not affiliated with the game somehow(ie sponsor) you can't use the word Super Bowl at all. That's why the always say the big game or something like that in most ticket give aways.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
A 360 is no supercar. It's nice, but it's nothing like an Enzo. Any one with enough credit can go to the nearest Ferrari dealership and drive off with one.
Wrong.

Ferrari is a fukking brand of Italian greatness that will not be undone by some random mook with some inheritance and/or coke money who wants to shuttle kids to prom.

pstfu.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Wrong.

Ferrari is a fukking brand of Italian greatness that will not be undone by some random mook with some inheritance and/or coke money who wants to shuttle kids to prom.

pstfu.
Read the article and give it up.

Ferrari makes some great cars, the 360 is not one of them.

If you read the article then you'll see the guys that modified the car are not random mooks.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
yeah I wouldn't call Chris Wright a mook by any means...a little google could fill you in...although I still don't agree with multiple question mark guy...D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I don't know much about this perticular instance, besides the guy is getting a bunch of free advertising, but I do know that Ferrari is damn uppity!

One of my friends is in the local Ferrari club, and one of the guys has an Enzo. The Enzo's front end is so low that they put in an electric motor to raise up the front so you can get it in and out of warehouses, on and off trucks, etc.

This guys little electric motor broke. He called Ferrari to get a new one, and guess how much it cost? TWENTY FIVE FREAKING THOUSAND DOLLARS! The guy argued with the Ferrari guy on the phone, saying he could go down to the hardware store and get the same powered same size electric motor for $200. The guy at Ferrari said that this motor was specifically fit to the front end of the Enzo, and that when he bought the car, he should have expected replacement parts to be expensive, it is after all, a Ferarri. They gave him a hard time because he thought it was a lot to pay for a little motor, and Ferarri's answer was "it's a Ferarri." The guy paid the money, and a few weeks later he got a little tiny box lined with felt, with Ferarri logo's burned into the outside of the box.

What a rip!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Hey, He got a tiny box lined with felt!

and that when he bought the car, he should have expected replacement parts to be expensive, it is after all, a Ferrari.
This illustrates the point perfectly. This is all about brand protection. Poor people don't have Ferraris. Ferrari doesn't build ****ty limos. End of story.