Quantcast

Few Shots from SouthRidge Race 1

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
is that yuroshek on a dorado?? and whats he doing racing west?
Yes it is a 09 Dorado. Manitou had an Extra one out there for that race for him or Jason to ride that weekend. Jason was not ready to switch over to it just yet without some time on it before a race. Dennis jumped on it and tried it out instead. Jason now wishes he did. They both are saying it’s one of the best Forks they have been on to Date. The whole Team for 2009 will be riding them.

Cecil

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
if the gear is no good... they can't be any good!
How would you define “The Gear is not good?” Do you personally have any time on it yourself? There is no way I would try to be Bold and say that if I didn’t have any real time on the Product. But then again this is the Internet and people can say whatever they want without really knowing!!!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
NORBA wanted Dennis to race in 2 more Expert races before moving him to Pro. I am sure the next Race or two he will be racing Pro. He would have finshed 16th out of 32+ Pros this past weekend if he did race in Pro.
So NORBA is making him sandbag? in the sand no less! :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
How would you define “The Gear is not good?” Do you personally have any time on it yourself? There is no way I would try to be Bold and say that if I didn’t have any real time on the Product. But then again this is the Internet and people can say whatever they want without really knowing!!!!
you forget... downhillers only put on their race duds so they look good for pictures on the internet

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
We were talking about Jason's TLD outfit.....

A little touchy about Giants, eh?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
hey guys what's goin on, just got done with a hour and half DH ride out here in noble canyon freakin sweeet! but anyway the dorado was amazin right out of the box. did a few adjustments but that was for my weight and ridin style. the dorado is super plush and sooo smooth its rediculous. the doardo has so much dampining its awesome. it has a lot of adjustments to suite every rider and style. you can shortin up the travel to 7 inches for tighter tracks or run the full 8 which I did. I had more confidence in the doardo over my fox 40 and I didn't think I would ever switch forks. but the doardo hands down is a better ride then the fox 40. needless to say manitou has done their homework on this fork. good job.

Erick, the guy over at USAcycling wanted me to podium 2 or I more times before moving up to pro. why? because I had just gotten my expert license in mid august. so I've only had a few norba expert races under my belt.

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Erick, the guy over at USAcycling wanted me to podium 2 or I more times before moving up to pro. why? because I had just gotten my expert license in mid august. so I've only had a few norba expert races under my belt.
cool, gotcha. i was just saying that for Donnie's you didn't have to race EX b/c USAcycling's blocking it.. but you have a good reason for staying in EX..for now :)

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
cool, gotcha. i was just saying that for Donnie's you didn't have to race EX b/c USAcycling's blocking it.. but you have a good reason for staying in EX..for now :)
What’s up with NORBA blocking them? That is wrong!!! You would think with the successes he has been having with those races they would want him to be NORBA ran. As for Dennis, it’s more important for him to get his Pro lic., because most of the Races he races in on the East Coast are NORBA ran. He will have it before Race Season starts.

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
What’s up with NORBA blocking them? That is wrong!!! You would think with the successes he has been having with those races they would want him to be NORBA ran. As for Dennis, it’s more important for him to get his Pro lic., because most of the Races he races in on the East Coast are NORBA ran. He will have it before Race Season starts.
I don't mean NORBA is blocking Donnie (SRC), i mean that they (NORBA) can't block anyone from racing PRO in Donnie's series b/c it isn't their race to govern.
I'm not sure of the exact reason why SRC races aren't USAcycling, even though i have a good idea why ;) , but i know a lot of promoters prefer to go get their own insurance and run the events independent of USA Cycling.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
So I guess this means you won't be up at skyline at all this winter, dennis?

I'd love to get a look at that fork. That's the one that retails for like 2500 or something, right?

HBGCS

Chimp
Jul 18, 2008
hey guys what's goin on, just got done with a hour and half DH ride out here in noble canyon freakin sweeet! but anyway the dorado was amazin right out of the box. did a few adjustments but that was for my weight and ridin style. the dorado is super plush and sooo smooth its rediculous. the doardo has so much dampining its awesome. it has a lot of adjustments to suite every rider and style. you can shortin up the travel to 7 inches for tighter tracks or run the full 8 which I did. I had more confidence in the doardo over my fox 40 and I didn't think I would ever switch forks. but the doardo hands down is a better ride then the fox 40. needless to say manitou has done their homework on this fork. good job.

Glad you liked it! Keep in touch and let me know if you have any questions!

Dave

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
I was joking, and if you guys dont know me i have a terrible infantile sense of humor.

Em-effer and myself are both very good friends with Jay and Dennis. We know they are the real deal and are sweet dudes. Jay doesnt flip out if you puke in his Vanborghini, and Dennis doesnt get pissed off if you hit on his mom; coolest cats I know!

ps. we are Teammates! we all are riding Dorados!!!!

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Nicey nice pictures, but what's with the rocks?? There's no points or sharp edges. Are you sure they're not potatoes?

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
Vtminuteman are you the infamous Gavin Vaughn? OMG! you know Dennis? I am like his biggest fan.

who wants to bet he paid one of his ladies to stand on the inside of the turn with a leafblower to kick up dust...

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
Vtminuteman are you the infamous Gavin Vaughn? OMG! you know Dennis? I am like his biggest fan.

who wants to bet he paid one of his ladies to stand on the inside of the turn with a leafblower to kick up dust...

I got 10 on the leafblower