Quantcast

>>>Finally Friderp GMT<<<

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That one is on my bucket list. If you see our big white van on your way to the trailhead, say hello! Our "spot" is along the Cascade River Road. I was really itching to do that hike this weekend, but there is no way the kiddo can do it. He is the whiniest hiker I've ever met. What a fantastic sub for riding if you still can't! That is one of the most beautiful areas I've ever been. Please post pics when you get back!!

Sweet. Actually went to the end of cascade river road and hiked through cascade pass then to the Sahale arm last week.
FB_IMG_1532714126713.jpg
Twas amazing and brutal, 20 miles.

Wave if you see a blue vw go by. I ain't a slowass local.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good afternoon monkeys! I had a good group ride last night, I rode the hardtail and kept up fairly well being only seconds behind instead of minutes. Much tired today. :)

Oddly - no takers on the trail beer I was prepared to share, disapproval was evident. :twitch:

On the win side - I managed to get the group to change their route to an out and back on the twisty trails instead of their regular loop which includes 3.5 miles of straight shot dirt roadie trail. All I said was "anyone can ride fast in straight line", luckily they did not challenge me to prove it.

Except for the beer part, kick ass fun. :)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
My short run almost killed me last night. tried a new trail and didnt look at the topo data and ended up climbing way more than intended.
tired and sore and about to fly into a fit of FTS cuz I can't get my hands on a fully functional mouse in this shop. >.<

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good afternoon!

Left Bozeman yesterday and camped just outside of Missoula in the National Forest. $6 for the night, by a burbling stream, dry firewood already there and barely a soul in sight. Hard to complain about that.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
8yo recovering well from his eye surgery. only issue is he hates the eye drops we have to give him 3x per day for a week.

i caught some sort of bug that gave me the shits and shivers night before last. hella sore all over yesterday. better today-maybe 90%. better enough for lunch beers, at least.

finally nailed down housesitting situation for our annual trip to maine, which is good, since we leave tuesday morning.

hope to squeeze in a ride tomorrow morning.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Hell week. 3 Fire Fighters have been killed and three more burned and sent to burn centers here in northern California and a fire fighter off an engine that I used to work on got hit by a burning branch on a wildland fire in the Santa Cruz Mountains and had to get medivaced out.

damn

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Good afternoon!

Left Bozeman yesterday and camped just outside of Missoula in the National Forest. $6 for the night, by a burbling stream, dry firewood already there and barely a soul in sight. Hard to complain about that.
If you do the primitive dispersed thing. Tons of free camping in Flathead National Forest. Thats where camped last week.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
8yo recovering well from his eye surgery. only issue is he hates the eye drops we have to give him 3x per day for a week.

i caught some sort of bug that gave me the shits and shivers night before last. hella sore all over yesterday. better today-maybe 90%. better enough for lunch beers, at least.

finally nailed down housesitting situation for our annual trip to maine, which is good, since we leave tuesday morning.

hope to squeeze in a ride tomorrow morning.
Will you be passing through MA?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
(fvck you Amazon!! Get outta my state! And take your gaper-ific, don't know how to drive, fancy shit owning, camp spot stealing, brunch eating, forest disrespecting, viral, hipster asshole employees with you! hmph. /rant)
:clapping:

Hipsters...

I am almost certain that urban dwelling dudes with long, manly beards and wearing their sister's jeans cannot poop in the woods and therefore are not trust worthy.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
LOVE that ride.
Beats East Coast rox...
:(

yeah but after spending the night in NY and heading straight up to ME. I’ll be back up that way in September and will definitely build in a bit of time to ride :D
:banana:

I believe flank is the most underrated cut of red meat. Damn it's good.
:stupid:

Rode this evening with a friend in inhuman heat and humidity. All the good techy stuff was slippy because of humid so we hit it hard. Good ride, we even helped the trail gnomes with some tree removal. Now grilled chicken with avocado and some of the best NE IPAs.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Sweet. Actually went to the end of cascade river road and hiked through cascade pass then to the Sahale arm last week.View attachment 129669 Twas amazing and brutal, 20 miles.

Wave if you see a blue vw go by. I ain't a slowass local.
Nice! My friend did the same one last weekend. You may have seen a beautiful light skinned, floral brown curly haired, slender, amazing woman with glasses out there—make a friend if you ever come across her. She is a climbing and hiking beast and is always looking for more cool peeps.

:clapping:

Hipsters...

I am almost certain that urban dwelling dudes with a long, manly beards and wearing their sister's jeans cannot poop in the woods and therefore are not trust worthy.
Right? I agree, and can’t figure out why they must drive out to our playgrounds and leave hefty sacks of nasty garbage everyfuckingwhere.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Going mirrorless? Kinda wishing I had a mirrorless setup at this point, too bad I have like $7K in Nikon glass I’d have to try and sell.
yeah....canon...great lenses....dated bodies...

i may wait and see if canon does a mirrorless full frame camera that does 4k video....not holding breath.

liking the olympus/panasonic/fuji cameras....i can not bring myself to liking sony cameras....

Last edited: