Quantcast

Finally replaced the trusty Birkenstocks

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
For the favorable Keen trail sandal. Though the keens are all high tech and sh!t I bet they dont outlast the birkenstock. Basically, I gave up indestructability for the ability to do anything that I could normally do in regular tennis shoes, which includes riding a bike.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
golgiaparatus said:
For the favorable Keen trail sandal. Though the keens are all high tech and sh!t I bet they dont outlast the birkenstock. Basically, I gave up indestructability for the ability to do anything that I could normally do in regular tennis shoes, which includes riding a bike.
You should keep wearing the Birks. :p

-S.S.-

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have a great footware solution that allows me to anything I can do with regular tennis shoes, I wear regular tennis shoes.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
dh girlie said:
Well I certainly hope they are functional and comfortable cuz they certainly aren't very pretty!
Regardless, they are "considerate" footwear. Ugly-assed manfeet should never be viewed except by their owner in the shower. They are undoubtedly a step up from funkyfoul roman legionairre birks! :dead:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
I hate wearing shoes...I should be a hippy...I'm digging this warm weather we're having so I can wear flip flops :D
I worked at HP for awhile, and there was this upper-mid-level manager who used to come to work in Birks, but once he got to work he tossed 'em under his desk and walked around the office *barefoot*...... :thumb:

I miss that job. :D

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
llkoolkeg said:
Regardless, they are "considerate" footwear. Ugly-assed manfeet should never be viewed except by their owner in the shower. <snip>
Hogwash! Let my dogs be *free*!!!!

But some corproate "no sandal" crap always gets in my way. Maybe this summer I'll fight da man! :D

-S.S.-

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I have these in green/grey colors (none of that silver crap):

Salomon Pro Amphib sneaks

They're actually designed for kayakers, but they serve my summer sneaker problem pretty well. They are very airy and VERY comfortable, but serve as scuff protection.

I also wear them to work.

They're awesome.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
MudGrrl said:
They're actually designed for kayakers, but they serve my summer sneaker problem pretty well. They are very airy and VERY comfortable, but serve as scuff protection.

They're awesome.
They don't look inexpensive.

Pretty cool idea. Kinda like watersocks but tougher and without looking so guh-hey.

Where the heck do all you work that such casual footwear is considered acceptable? :think:

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
I've been using the keen's for over a year now and i love them, very comfy and they seems durable...in summertime that all I wear other than my biking shoes

i have the black ones...

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
tartosuc said:
I've been using the keen's for over a year now and i love them, very comfy and they seems durable...in summertime that all I wear other than my biking shoes

i have the black ones...

Sweet, I gotta get me a pair of them fo church..............

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
llkoolkeg said:
They don't look inexpensive.

Pretty cool idea. Kinda like watersocks but tougher and without looking so guh-hey.

Where the heck do all you work that such casual footwear is considered acceptable? :think:

SHoot... out here in Cali that is acceptable at almost ANY job.

I work for HR Block.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
golgiaparatus said:
Yeah, they seem to be pretty sweet. The verdict is still out on how good they are for walking in adverse conditions or for extended periods of time..
The only shoes I wore on my honeymoon (when I was wearing shoes
), were my keens. I actually hiked about 7 miles in the hills of southern Jamaica in them, and we walked everywhere while there; no complaints.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
what wore out on your Birks?

just about everything about those hippy shoes (birks) is replaceable by a good shoe fixer guy.

lukeduke

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
they are flawless, comfortable shoes. Not real cheap though, I got them 30% off at Sport Chalet during a grand opening sale and they were still like $70+ with tax and all. Only thing better is a pair of Mephisto's I have, but they were $250+, and need to be re-soled. They are still $85 jut to re-sole, so I guess tha makes the Keens pretty affordable in comparison.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
llkoolkeg said:
I work as a contractor near DC for the gov'ment.

During the summer, I can waltz in in my tevas, and some zip off hikin' pants (the kind that you can take the legs off of).

It's not an every day thing. I swear.

I wore a skirt yesterday.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
MudGrrl said:

During the summer, I can waltz in in my tevas, and some zip off hikin' pants (the kind that you can take the legs off of).

Damn! I need to switch contracts. During the summer I wear what I always wear: shirt, tie, shiney shoes, etc. I do get daring every now and again and leave the jacket at home. :dead:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
MudGrrl said:

Salomon Pro Amphib sneaks

They're awesome.

i have a pair of those and they rule. i've only found one problem with them. they stink when they get wet and you just let them sit around. we took them out west on our honeymoon last year and got them wet and then threw them in the back of the wagon and by mile 3500 they were quite rank, i have to say. i guess if you just throw the insoles in the wash every now and then you woldn'y have that problem. ;)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
MudGrrl said:

I guess it depends upon the gubmint client. When I contracted for the Army, I had to wear a suit every day. They'd even get pissed if you tried to slough casual in a shirt, tie & sport jacket! :(