Quantcast

first pics from sea otter?

Dec 25, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
Luc,

Did SC say anything about a release date on the new V10
One of the guys at work got a call from the guys at SC UK yesterday asking if he wanted to swap his buddies V10 order for a new one.........so its going to be pretty soon, they put a date of July on bikes reaching the UK.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Originally posted by MMike
That's not cool. People are so fuggin stupid.

"Ha! Let's go scratch Luc's car!"
"Yeah! that'll be funny!"
look at the bright side of that.
somebody loves acadian, and they didnt do it with spraycans.
that was a bitch to get of again. (repaint the whole ****in' car) :dead:

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by Acadian
I was livid when I saw that...I wouldn't care as much if my car was a beater...but I've been taking SUPER extra care of it since buying it...plus I already paid big $$ to get some f'ing door dings out then get it detailed...

but the culprit didn't seem to think it's a big deal.. :( Plus he wrote that on both sides and my Hood...

will have to wash the car later and see if it left any marks..
Hmmm, let's see. Who was at the sea otter that would recognize your ride. That dosen't give two $hits about anybody elses property, and is a completly inconsiderate a$$hat?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
to set the record straight there was more than one monkey involved in writing on Luc's car.....but in all seriousness it's a friggin car and the message was written out of jest....get some real priorities:rant off::D ....D

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
good to hear Smitty wil be OK.....best wishes.

As for Luc's car...I ain't laughing...if the person pressed down at all it will leave permanent scratches that have to be hit with a buffer to get out.....that equals money and a pain in the ass.

Dumbass could have jst left a note or scrawled greasy fingerprints ont he glass...

I had a buddy write wash me on the tailgate of my beautiful black truck and they almost never came out...and I probably wore away alot of the paint job clearing them.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Originally posted by BMXman
to set the record straight there was more than one monkey involved in writing on Luc's car.....but in all seriousness it's a friggin car and the message was written out of jest....get some real priorities:rant off::D ....D
I don't think the "message" was/is the problem.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
pee otter was so rad! good to see old friends and finally meet people in person!

www.farkin.net for some shots. it will be updated over the next day or 2 as i go through all my crap.

all i know is that a flip whip on a mtn bike is gnarlicular!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by MMike
I don't think the "message" was/is the problem.
yeah I know scratches...big deal...like the car is supossed to remain in mint perfect condition forever...I just don't get it...next thing you know we'll all be leaving our cars in dust proof garages and never drive them...like I said priorities...but enough of this I'm not going to dwell on it...it's a car...a material possesion!! :confused:

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
dude I can't believe the the comments you are making?? YES I agree, it's simply a material possession. I also agree that it IS going to get scratches, BUT...getting scratches from normal wear and tear (driving) is one thing..but having someone write on your car or key it is a totally different story.

Same for bike or any other things I own..I work hard for my $$, so when I buy something I try to take uber good care of it. I guess we have different priorites? I would NEVER write on someone’s car like that, no matter what make, model, year or who’s car it is.

I'll get over it...but I just don't think it was really necessary..
Preach on brutha....I share similar feelings about my vehicle....and my bike.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
I too think it is lame someone wrote on your paint job, yeah it is just a material possession, but the car cost hard earned money at what point is it no longer a big deal? So if someone spray-painted it would it still be okay I mean it is just a car, broke his windows....

crashnscar

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Mt. View, CA
dude I can't believe the the comments you are making?? YES I agree, it's simply a material possession. I also agree that it IS going to get scratches, BUT...getting scratches from normal wear and tear (driving) is one thing..but having someone write on your car or key it is a totally different story.

Same for bike or any other things I own..I work hard for my $$, so when I buy something I try to take uber good care of it. I guess we have different priorites? I would NEVER write on someone’s car like that, no matter what make, model, year or who’s car it is.

I'll get over it...but I just don't think it was really necessary..
Exactly, it's all about respect.

Example: Today I went to my local riding spot to check out what my classmates had done to it (they said they built a new NS drop). When I arrived, I checked it out, wasn't too happy with it (where they picked it and how it went..... but that doesnt matter). I didn't care about that because it's what they want to ride. I look closer and I notice that they used the wood and bsaically whole structure from other NS that was already there (yes, by tearing it down).
They have absolutely no respect for other peoples ****. My whole NS was torn down (except for the dirt landing for the drop). I have had this problem before and explained to them about how this cant happen, ect. Now I must report this place to the police and it will get shut down because people don't have respect for others.

Respect others and their possesions!!!!!!!!!!!!

End of my rant

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
yeah I know scratches...big deal...like the car is supossed to remain in mint perfect condition forever...I just don't get it...next thing you know we'll all be leaving our cars in dust proof garages and never drive them...like I said priorities...but enough of this I'm not going to dwell on it...it's a car...a material possesion!! :confused:
Yeah. It's LUC'S material posession to fock up. Not anyone else's.

And yeah...priorities. Having a cute little message engraved into your body panels is a WAAAY higher priority than the resale value (or cost of repairing the damage done by the cute little message).

"priorities". Jesus Christ.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by Juano
I heard he just had a concoussion and was out of the hospital that night. He was at SO sun morning.
I saw him plant right in front of me. F**kin' - A, that was a train wreck! He just came down way over the bars and planted the front wheel hard, then left a big dent in the dirt with his face/helmet.

He was out cold for about 5 minutes - by then the medics had him on the stretcher. When he came-to he was kinda freakin out - he was screamin at them to let him up so they strapped him down.

They secured his neck and then had a copter come in for him. It all seemed a little excessive but I guess there was no quick way for an ambulance to get out of there.

Good to hear he's ok!

I have a few shots from the contest, as well as the DH and 4X finals. I'll try to post tonight. I think I have one of Sanjay sticking the landing on the cruiser. Way bitchen.

SO was great, it was my first time there this weekend.

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
i was standing right in front of that wreck as well, I actually got a sequence of it. I wasnt going to post it until I heard he was ok. Ill dig and put it up later

Romic tech

Chimp
Jan 15, 2002
cal.
Hey guys,
It was Smitty that crashed in the dirt jump contest. They flew him to San Jose hospital and did a bunch of tests MRI and said every thing was OK. By the time we got to the hospital (1.5 hours) they were ready to release him. He is very sore but nothing broke or any major damage. Thanks for everyone who stopped by .

Thanks
Roger

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
There is NOTHING wrong with wanting something that you spend alot of money on to stay as nice as long as possible. I have decide to quit using my truck as a shuttle vehicle because way too many morons don't have respect. I don't care what anybody says. Its my truck and I want to keep it as long as possible and I don't want it to look crappy because some idiot scratched the paint trying to be a dufuss.

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Originally posted by profro
There is NOTHING wrong with wanting something that you spend alot of money on to stay as nice as long as possible. I have decide to quit using my truck as a shuttle vehicle because way too many morons don't have respect. I don't care what anybody says. Its my truck and I want to keep it as long as possible and I don't want it to look crappy because some idiot scratched the paint trying to be a dufuss.
The ol' pedal kick to the tailgate.....:angry:

dumb@ss didn't even seem like it bothered him..:confused:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Romic tech
Hey guys,
It was Smitty that crashed in the dirt jump contest. They flew him to San Jose hospital and did a bunch of tests MRI and said every thing was OK. By the time we got to the hospital (1.5 hours) they were ready to release him. He is very sore but nothing broke or any major damage. Thanks for everyone who stopped by .

Thanks
Roger
glad he's ok Rog...gave us all quite a scare....D

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by SpaZwEll
The ol' pedal kick to the tailgate.....:angry:

dumb@ss didn't even seem like it bothered him..:confused:
Whats worse is that the other weekend, someone drove down the entire shuttle road with my emergency brake on. :confused: The emergency brake hasn't been the same. :dead: However this guy at least appoligized and it looked like he was sorry. But I just can't take the abuse anymore.

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Originally posted by profro
Whats worse is that the other weekend, someone drove down the entire shuttle road with my emergency brake on. :confused:
Yeah, you need to take care of it. The rate you are going the bike will outlast the truck.

And the other weekend?? Are you able to get to the top? I'm ready to come up and ride anytime!!:sneaky:

Let's get on it!!

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Does anybody know what those brakes were that Cedric had on? They were all black and looked similar to magura designs...but I have never seen them before.:confused: :confused:

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
from a pic of him jumping his 4x/slalom rig i seen posted up from SO they look like magura marta's but its a bit too awkward of an angle to tell for sure.

does this mean he's running maguras this year?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
As far as this whole car thing goes, here is how I see it.

Is Luc more sensitive about his car than I am? YES

Does this mean that Luc is OVERLY sensitive about his car? NO

If it was my car, would I care? NO

Would I do something like that to Luc's car knowing that he is sensitive about his WRX (even though I couldnt' care less if it were mine)?? NO

I found out about this wnen I pushed on the door to close it one time and Luc asked me to push on the window instead. Weird?
Maybe, but it's his car so he has every right to be weird about it.

We all know Luc is A.nal ;)

SO, Yes Luc has a right to be a little TO'd, but in defense of the people that did it, they may not have know how Luc feels about his ride. I'd do teh same to my other friends cars, but b/c I know how Luc feels, I wouldn't do it to his.

Cool?:D