Quantcast

Flax Seed Brainwashing

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Actually the resulting fiber from them is beneficial.
If they only would stop talking to me telling me to...... The gubmint is watching me and I can't afford a ticket to the Rome/Vatican..... Who is this damn Kenneth guy and why should I care what frequency he is at???

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Flaxseed doesn't take long to get soft in water. I would imagine your stomach should be able to break it down.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
I blend like 1/2 cup of the sh|t when I make my morning smoothie or yuckie and they seem to break down. However they are by no means as beneficial as the EFA's contained in a quality flax oil like UDO's

2 raw eggs
2 handfuls organic spinach
1/2 cup walnuts and almonds
2 scoops of chemical protein powder
1/4 cup carrots
2 lengths celery
1/2 cup oat meal
1/2 cup flax seeds.
Grapes for a little sweetness.

Water and Blend

Disgusting yes. Healthy? Maybe? Keeps me full till lunch.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Well, since it's got bacon in it, yeah. I hate when assh(o)les cheap out on the bacon. I often tell them. "Triple the bacon, I'll give you $10 if you triple the bacon"

I mean bacon is not that much of a commodity is it? Why cheap out on something so good?

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
Blue Diamond's Almond Breeze almond milk is much more widely distributed than So Delicious' coconut milk plus its cheaper, taste better, and is better nutritionally. It also comes in more varieties and you can get it at many regular supermarkets too. I'd recommend the sweetened Original refrigerated to start:

http://www.bluediamond.com/index.cfm?navid=53
yep. that is what we use now. either the sweetened original or vanilla.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Blue Diamond's Almond Breeze almond milk is much more widely distributed than So Delicious' coconut milk plus its cheaper, taste better, and is better nutritionally. It also comes in more varieties and you can get it at many regular supermarkets too. I'd recommend the sweetened Original refrigerated to start:

http://www.bluediamond.com/index.cfm?navid=53
I use almond breeze too, but taste is a personal thing. For a milk sub, So Delicious is better. It has a more neutral taste and can be used in recipes in exchange for milk. Almond Breeze is too sweet and when used in things like bechamel, white gravy, or mashed potatoes it is hard to cover up the sweetness.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I use almond breeze too, but taste is a personal thing. For a milk sub, So Delicious is better. It has a more neutral taste and can be used in recipes in exchange for milk. Almond Breeze is too sweet and when used in things like bechamel, white gravy, or mashed potatoes it is hard to cover up the sweetness.
That's why it comes in unsweetened too...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I use the unsweetened, thanks.
So you are saying the almond taste then? Neither base ingredient has much sugar in it but when you compare the two raw coconuts have significant more than raw almonds. It follows that almond milk also has less calories...

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
So you are saying the almond taste then? Neither base ingredient has much sugar in it but when you compare the two raw coconuts have significant more than raw almonds. It follows that almond milk also has less calories...
Yeah, I am talking about the almond taste.