Quantcast

Fontana NMBS #1

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
I check pinnedmtb.com everyday and still can't find that section without your link. Really weird...

Apparently Kevin Aiello with the win in Jr X.

I think I'll give Geritt a call later, if you want I can let you know how he's doing...

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
I check pinnedmtb.com everyday and still can't find that section without your link. Really weird...

I think I'll give Geritt a call later, if you want I can let you know how he's doing...
Awesome... He's ripping this year! Does anyone have full jr x results?

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California

i'm trying out a new system... basically where it says Fontana NMBs & has a photo of Kevin Aiello, click here, etc. you have to click that. that will take you to the link posted by DH rules

workin on todays report now... finally a somewhat early night.

there aren't many other people (major media wise) that i can tell. MB Action is here... but they're typicallky at the fontanas. Clay arrived yesterday to do some filming. & John Gibson is here as well.

But for actual coverage.. i think i'm the only person.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Does anyone really care about the NMBS Series anymore ??

oh, remember the day when Peaty and the rest of the WC guys would show up for every race. I wonder how many of them showed up for this race. My bet would be -1.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004

oh, remember the day when Peaty and the rest of the WC guys would show up for every race. I wonder how many of them showed up for this race. My bet would be -1.
Haha, jackass! Read JDD's updates, plenty of "talent" around!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007

Thats because the national series isn't the premier series next the world cup anymore. There are other series that pay better and have good coverage

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Haha, jackass! Read JDD's updates, plenty of "talent" around!

not really. a half dozen guys at most and they usually just show up at Fontucky because they have to pick up their new equipment before the season gets going and happen to be in town. A few guys are there under contract who otherwise wouldn't bother with an NMBS race.

hopefully when USAC is no longer contractually obligated to let Team Big Bear run things into the ground things might start looking better for the official national racing calendar. but a lot of damage has already been done.

good thing the rest of the domestic racing scene has more than picked up the slack.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Really? Is there even going to be a series?
If what i understand is correct, there will be a series, but it will not be a series unto itself. They will take the best independent, already successful events and bestow upon them the title of "National". Everyone wins that way.

Athletes get successful events with good courses and a little respect & reward for their efforts, promoters get possible UCI points and prestige (and with it more riders) and the USAC/NORBA looks less like a bunch of morons.

Whether this will actually happen is hard to say, but it is what I have been hearing.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
If what i understand is correct, there will be a series, but it will not be a series unto itself. They will take the best independent, already successful events and bestow upon them the title of "National". Everyone wins that way.

Athletes get successful events with good courses and a little respect & reward for their efforts, promoters get possible UCI points and prestige (and with it more riders) and the USAC/NORBA looks less like a bunch of morons.

Whether this will actually happen is hard to say, but it is what I have been hearing.
unofficial word on the street is that the 'US Gravity Calendar,' or whatever it is being called, was started last year to pave the way for a replacement of the Team Big Bear debacle.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
unofficial word on the street is that the 'US Gravity Calendar,' or whatever it is being called, was started last year to pave the way for a replacement of the Team Big Bear debacle.

Unfortunately that gravity calendar was a pretty big disaster in and of itself with promoters not taking it seriously, dropping out all over the place, not having results or overalls for months (if at all) etc.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
not really. a half dozen guys at most and they usually just show up at Fontucky because they have to pick up their new equipment before the season gets going and happen to be in town. A few guys are there under contract who otherwise wouldn't bother with an NMBS race.

hopefully when USAC is no longer contractually obligated to let Team Big Bear run things into the ground things might start looking better for the official national racing calendar. but a lot of damage has already been done.

good thing the rest of the domestic racing scene has more than picked up the slack.
There is more then 6 World cup level riders there, and why they are there doesn't change the fact that they are there. But yea, we all love Europa, it's the place to be.

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
sorry for the lack of updates... had horrible luck the past 24 hrs w/ equipment... computer issues not loading my updates & as i was shooting on of the podium shots, my flash literally breaks off.. glad the weekend's over!

posting some new updates as i speak... so should have something up in a little while

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
There is?

According to JDD's pre-reg list I see about 5.
1. Chris Kovarik - Chain Reaction 2:19.6
2. Nathan Rennie - Santa Cruz 2:22.2
3. Justin Leov - Yeti/ Fox Shox 2:24.6
4. Sam Blenkisop - Yeti/ Fox Shox 2:25.1
5. Cameron Cole - Maxxis 2:25.3
6. Duncan Riffle - Cannondale 2:25.5

8. Luke Strobel - Maxxis 2:26.6
9. Jared Rando - Giant MTB 2:26.7

There's 8!

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619

There's 8!

I thought Oscar Saiz was there too..

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802

There's 8!
Wow, that's awesome!!! Fontana must be something else to attract such a huge number of international riders and a couple fast Americans. I think even 2 guys from the East Coast made the trip:shocked:

If that doesn't make the series legit i don't know what does

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004

There's 8!
There's probably 10-12 world cup qualifier types in the field.....it's not the series Akula, it's the promoters. The series has a deep history, ranks second behind the World Cup....but it needs a new direction. It needs new ideas and a new way to run the whole thing.....the current model has failed....and with no money it's failing even harder...