Quantcast

For Team SpeeDH

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
ALEXIS_DH said:
you should write a faq.
Well, it seems Team SpeeDH has declined my offer (through a PM which included a VERY dubious "factoid".)

So, in response to writing a faq, there kind of already is one, and it is much better than anything I could do.

Index to Creationist Claims

The above link goes through the claims of Creationists and debunks them one by one.

Also, since Creationists love to quote mine, here is a list of common quote mines used and the ways that they are used out of context.

The Quote Mine Project

Enjoy.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
macko said:
I'm guessing that's somebody's username.
Yes, you are correct.

This guy is the founder of some downhill racing team or something. He came on here spouting off about Creationism/anti-evolutionism on a thread in the lounge. Instead of displaying his ignorance on a lounge thread, I invited him to come and do it here instead.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Too bad. That would have been fun to watch.

Dr. Dino...hehe.

By the way, it might be fun to see what putting drgyno into your browser comes up with. Not that I did that, or anything...

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
Silver said:
Too bad. That would have been fun to watch.

Dr. Dino...hehe.

By the way, it might be fun to see what putting drgyno into your browser comes up with. Not that I did that, or anything...
Yeah, anyone who thinks that Dr. Dino is a good resource is bound to worth at least a few chuckles.

I saw a children's placemat that he created for restaurants once. It had fun "facts" like if confronted with a T. Rex, all you would have to do is grab it's front arm and pull. The arm would fall off and the T. Rex would bleed to death and you would be safe. Ah, Dr. (I'm going to federal eff me in the a$$ prison) Dino.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Maybe Jesus will keep him from getting raped in prison.

Or Jesus will rape him in prison...I guess it depends which Jesus you're talking about.

(Seriously though, if I was the warden, he would step through the gates and immediately be in protective custody.)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Jesus says a Rock Shox Judy TT 2001 is a boat anchor but I say if I get it for free it's a win. What do you reckon?

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Old Man G Funk said:
Yes, you are correct.

This guy is the founder of some downhill racing team or something. He came on here spouting off about Creationism/anti-evolutionism on a thread in the lounge. Instead of displaying his ignorance on a lounge thread, I invited him to come and do it here instead.
Ok apparently you cant handle a PM debate and have to go mainstream and talk about me when i'm not even around to respond to you until now, awesome.
Anyways, like I told you in the PM i'm here to mainly promote my racing team per friendly suggestion. And i'll debate you PM or off site, final. Anyways I saw the one thread and made my statement which caught a backdraft to a few members. And I can tell your fired up about this or you would not have started this whole thread, and thats fine. But at that level i'd prefer it to be elsewhere so I can focus on promoting my team here and not have to worry about huge threads or back drafts. Speaking of Dr. Dino, there's alot more then just him, I just used him as one example.
Later

Chris
Team SpeeDH

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The best debate I ever saw televised was when a creationist said that scientologists were mental because they based their beliefs on a work of science fiction...

I laughed for quite awhile at that one. God, I love listening to religious zealots.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
Team SpeeDH said:
Ok apparently you cant handle a PM debate and have to go mainstream and talk about me when i'm not even around to respond to you until now, awesome.
Anyways, like I told you in the PM i'm here to mainly promote my racing team per friendly suggestion. And i'll debate you PM or off site, final. Anyways I saw the one thread and made my statement which caught a backdraft to a few members. And I can tell your fired up about this or you would not have started this whole thread, and thats fine. But at that level i'd prefer it to be elsewhere so I can focus on promoting my team here and not have to worry about huge threads or back drafts. Speaking of Dr. Dino, there's alot more then just him, I just used him as one example.
Later

Chris
Team SpeeDH
OK, apparently your ignorance extends beyond biology.

Check the date and time of this thread, then check the date and time of my PM reply to you. Which one of them happened sooner? This thread was posted before you ever PM'ed me.

Also, I didn't go into any details about what you wrote me in the PM, except to say that you had declined the invite to come here and debate. If you have a problem with that, then :nopity: . Further, this is a public forum, and you've known about the existence of this forum and this thread, so you've been able to come here and participate or not, so quit whining about not being around. You could have, had you chosen to be. It's not like anyone has been piling on you anyway.

Besides, where you decided to spew was in the Lounge, not where that type of debate belongs. I moved it here to keep that thread from being moved. This was a courtesy to you and the rest of the monkeys.

And, yes I am fired up about this, for the reasons I have mentioned before, namely that your ignorance is fine for you, but when you lie in public, someone should be around to point out your lies.

I don't care if you actually want to "debate" or not. But, if you post obvious Creationist lies, I will respond. And, yes, there are a lot more people than Dr. Dino that believe in Creationism. Big deal. What does that prove? If you are appealing to popularity, it gets you nowhere. Take the AiG people for instance. They come right out and say that they believe in the Bible first and make the science fit around it. So, why should anyone take their "scientific" word for anything? If you truly think that's how science works, then you are dead wrong. One does not start with the conclusions and then find the facts to fit those conclusions.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Old Man G Funk said:

Check the date and time of this thread, then check the date and time of my PM reply to you. Which one of them happened sooner? This thread was posted before you ever PM'ed me.

Also, I didn't go into any details about what you wrote me in the PM, except to say that you had declined the invite to come here and debate. If you have a problem with that, then :nopity: . Further, this is a public forum, and you've known about the existence of this forum and this thread, so you've been able to come here and participate or not, so quit whining about not being around. You could have, had you chosen to be. It's not like anyone has been piling on you anyway.

Besides, where you decided to spew was in the Lounge, not where that type of debate belongs. I moved it here to keep that thread from being moved. This was a courtesy to you and the rest of the monkeys.

And, yes I am fired up about this, for the reasons I have mentioned before, namely that your ignorance is fine for you, but when you lie in public, someone should be around to point out your lies.

I don't care if you actually want to "debate" or not. But, if you post obvious Creationist lies, I will respond. And, yes, there are a lot more people than Dr. Dino that believe in Creationism. Big deal. What does that prove? If you are appealing to popularity, it gets you nowhere. Take the AiG people for instance. They come right out and say that they believe in the Bible first and make the science fit around it. So, why should anyone take their "scientific" word for anything? If you truly think that's how science works, then you are dead wrong. One does not start with the conclusions and then find the facts to fit those conclusions.
I'm sorry, I didn't understand a thing you just said.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Transcend said:
The best debate I ever saw televised was when a creationist said that scientologists were mental because they based their beliefs on a work of science fiction...

I laughed for quite awhile at that one. God, I love listening to religious zealots.

hahaha, i gotta see that.
i remember another video where this arabic woman was talking with some ayatollah or something.. and she starts making very intelligent and educated arguments, and the ayatollah interrumpts to say "you deny allah and mohammed?, you are an infidel". and then yells out of his lungs to say that nothing she says has any value because she is an infidel...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
ALEXIS_DH said:
hahaha, i gotta see that.
i remember another video where this arabic woman was talking with some ayatollah or something.. and she starts making very intelligent and educated arguments, and the ayatollah interrumpts to say "you deny allah and mohammed?, you are an infidel". and then yells out of his lungs to say that nothing she says has any value because she is an infidel...
Kinda the same way with the Mormons around here...if you don't believe in God, your points have no merit, because they're Godless.

Kind of retroactive. Meh.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
Transcend said:

Actually, it's not necessarily inconsistent. The Bible is anti-science fiction afterall.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Old Man G Funk said:

Alright, you moved topic to here to avoid it on the other thread. I just wonder why you have such a problem with a private debate or offsite.
Anyways after reading what you posted, all I see is name calling and making a general claims that creation is "a bunch of lies". Ok so where's the solid evolution proof then? And as far as your last argument, the same thing can be said for evolution, that just because some people want to beleive in it doesnt make it real.
One other thing, over the past 70 years secular organizations has worked hard to make evolution part of real observable science. When Lyel and darwin first came out with their idea's, it was the scientist that rejected them and oddly enough the churches that accepted them. Now of course it's the other way around by that working in over time.
Before you fly off the handle about my last comment, keep in mind the definition of WHAT science means. (observable, testable things) And that the first 5 kinds of evolution (cosmic,chemical, stars/planents,Organic,Macro) have Never been observed by any one. Only the last kind (micro)(changes within same kind of animal) has been, the other 5 have to be believed in.
Just making my point

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
teh Bible said:
the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
again with teh Bible said:
So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh.
I wonder if those qualifies as evolution?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
Team SpeeDH said:
Alright, you moved topic to here to avoid it on the other thread. I just wonder why you have such a problem with a private debate or offsite.
Because it accomplishes nothing. You will cling to your ignorance regardless of what I say. If we do this out in public, maybe those who are actually open to evidence will understand. Also, Creationists are known for misrepresenting the arguments of others, and if this is done in private, I run the risk of having that done to my words.
Anyways after reading what you posted, all I see is name calling and making a general claims that creation is "a bunch of lies". Ok so where's the solid evolution proof then?
Where would you like to start? There is over 150 years of peer-reviewed scientific literature. We can start with the fact that apes and humans share 98-99% of their genome. How about the fact that we also see similarities to other species of mammal in less and less degree as the lines diverge earlier in time? Vestigial organs? The fact that we have seen bacteria mutate and be selected in lab tests? How about the fact that we've seen bacteria gain the novel function of being able to eat nylon, or gaining resistance to antibiotic medicine? Evolutionary algorithms? Etc.
And as far as your last argument, the same thing can be said for evolution, that just because some people want to beleive in it doesnt make it real.
I would not claim that evolution is proved 100%. It is the best scientific explanation we have for the things we see around us. It is a theory that is ever expanding as we gain more knowledge about the world around us.
One other thing, over the past 70 years secular organizations has worked hard to make evolution part of real observable science. When Lyel and darwin first came out with their idea's, it was the scientist that rejected them and oddly enough the churches that accepted them. Now of course it's the other way around by that working in over time.
Incorrect. Science was moving towards evolution before Charles Darwin came on the scene. If Darwin had not come up with evolution, someone else would have.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/darwin-precursors.html

Before you fly off the handle about my last comment, keep in mind the definition of WHAT science means. (observable, testable things)
How is god or Creationism observable or testable?
And that the first 5 kinds of evolution (cosmic,chemical, stars/planents,Organic,Macro) have Never been observed by any one. Only the last kind (micro)(changes within same kind of animal) has been, the other 5 have to be believed in.
Just making my point
Has god or Creationism ever been observed by anyone? Only if you take the Bible as literally true. If you assume that the Bible is literally true, then base your science around it, you have no room at all to try and remind me what the definition of science is. Science does not start with conclusions and then fit the facts around it. Further, no one has ever observed "gravity." Should we disbelieve in "gravity" because no one has witnessed it? I mean, sure, people have witnessed a tendency for objects to fall to Earth, but I've never witnessed a "gravity" force that pulls on them. I've never witnessed an electron either. Should I disbelieve in electrons?

As to your "5/6 kinds of evolution," let's just talk about biological evolution, OK? First of all, we have many observations from homology studies to the fossil record to lab experiments to evolutionary algorithms. This page on so-called "macroevolution" should get you started. Also, what denotes the boundary between the microevolution that you accept and the macroevolution that you deny? Why is it improper to expand the process of small changes to larger changes coupled with selection pressures and isolation over vast amounts of time? By the same token, why do we say that gravity is what keeps planets in orbit? Is that not a case of expanding microgravity to macrogravity?

Also, I don't know why you insist on things "having to be believed in." I don't "believe" in evolution. It seems you are trying to equate evolution to a belief system so that you can say that it's on par with your belief system. But, it quite simply is not. Evolution is a scientific theory that has been accepted because of the evidence that supports it. You "believe" in god and Creationism despite the lack of evidence that supports you. Therein lies the difference.

Edit: I have been calling your "arguments" lies because you've bragged about taking classes in evolution. So, you should know better than to spew the ignorance that has come out of you. Knowingly giving false information is lying. How does it feel to lie for god? Do you think god appreciates you lying for him? Or is it OK if it is done for god?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
LMAO! OMFG, that sure was alot of typing, and not that I dont agree, but you're not going to convince this dude of anything.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Old Man G Funk said:
How is god or Creationism observable or testable?
Yesterday I took a poop and and just KNEW it was one big honker. When I went to flush what did I see? TWO medium honkers.......never heard a second splash. Mysterious.

This other time I was riding down in a canyon and this big turkey vulture goes "squaaaakk" and then like I knew I had to remember mother's day was coming up and to send my mom a card.

If that's not gawd at work, I don't know what is.

These are just signs of the obvious conclusion.......data points if you will that all form a specific and definable function that points directly at gawd blowing helium up my nose and inflating me. You really can't argue with the facts. But feel free to ignore them like you normally do.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
kidwoo said:
Yesterday I took a poop and and just KNEW it was one big honker. When I went to flush what did I see? TWO medium honkers.......never heard a second splash. Mysterious.

This other time I was riding down in a canyon and this big turkey vulture goes "squaaaakk" and then like I knew I had to remember mother's day was coming up and to send my mom a card.

If that's not gawd at work, I don't know what is.

These are just signs of the obvious conclusion.......data points if you will that all form a specific and definable function that points directly at gawd blowing helium up my nose and inflating me. You really can't argue with the facts. But feel free to ignore them like you normally do.
have you ever seen this site? I think you'll find it illuminating.