Quantcast

Forman Grill

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Probably the best thrift shop investment I have ever made. It's so easy to make dinner on this thing.

Anybody else own a foreman?

While we're on the subject,

Saffron yellow rice is freaking delicious.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got a grill and a half rack of PBR for Christmas 2 years ago. Not sure if I still have the grill, but it was the small one and I didn't use it too much.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Probably the best thrift shop investment I have ever made. It's so easy to make dinner on this thing.

Anybody else own a foreman?

While we're on the subject,

Saffron yellow rice is freaking delicious.
the foreman grill was great in college and maybe making the occasional grilled cheese.

and yes, saffron yellow rice a.k.a. risotto is awesome. its so delicious im making it for dinner

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
the foreman grill was great in college and maybe making the occasional grilled cheese.
No matter how wasted my roommate got in college he would always break out the foreman during parties and make everyone grilled cheese. He used to go around during the party to find a sober driver to get bread and cheese. :rofl:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
No matter how wasted my roommate got in college he would always break out the foreman during parties and make everyone grilled cheese. He used to go around during the party to find a sober driver to get bread and cheese. :rofl:
That was very nice of him. Who doesn't enjoy a hot grilled cheese sammich.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
I cooked plenty of meals on a forman grill while in university. Souvlaki is really good on it. Hamburgers can be. All type of sangwiches too.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Thanks to this thread, I just busted mine out for the first time since I stopped eating meat and made a bomb tomato and mozzarella sammich
Turn in your man card at the front counter please..... Seems your vagina is showing through your panties.

Every home should have a foreman grill.. Never know when your gonna have to make a meal when drunk

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
My roommate has one and I don't think its ever been used sober. We get those bacon wrapped filets that come in plastic shaped like hockey pucks and then cook them when we get back to the room after a night of partying. most kids make ramen when they come in drunk, we grill.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
I got the big model. Used it once to make a hamburger and figured I'd wait about three minutes so it would not be raw inside. I could have used it as a coaster. WAY overcooked. Now I time it a minute. But I stopped using it till I found out about Panini. But it's too big to keep on the counter so it sits in the basement. Never had saffron rice. Will try soon.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Just read about this. They sold over 100 MILLION of these grills. George Foreman made approx $208,000,000 off the licensing of his name for it. Way more than he ever made from boxing.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
We have 2. A small one that BigT bought when she was single, and a large one that we got as a gift. The small one is perfect for a single burger, and the larger one will cook most anything else.

Never thought of making grilled sandwiches with it, though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I think the only thing we use the Forman grill for is Bacon. Does a great job and makes disposing of the grease easy and hopefully helps to remove some of the grease we would otherwise be eating.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We have one buried in the basement somewhere. It got a lot of use back when we lived in an apartment. The last time I used it was probably several years ago when I was grilling burgers and ran out of propane. I always thought the Foreman Grill was kind of a pain in the ass to clean.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Turn in your man card at the front counter please..... Seems your vagina is showing through your panties.
I'm almost as big of a pussy as those cowards who pay people to abuse animals. I mean abusing innocent animals is bad enough, but you can't even do it yourself, sounds like you have the grand canyon between your legs

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
We have 2. A small one that BigT bought when she was single, and a large one that we got as a gift. The small one is perfect for a single burger, and the larger one will cook most anything else.

Never thought of making grilled sandwiches with it, though.
It's the same thing as a penini press. The one we have actually has a waffle iron and omelet maker plates. They work alright, but I can still do a better omelet in a pan

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I like mine, but I wondered why they didn't just make the grill plates removable, so you can wash them in the sink, dry, snap them back on...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
even with the plastic scraper, its still easy to clean.
Mine is not easy to clean, maybe it's old, or maybe I'm not up on the proper technique needed to properly use the complex plastic scraper... bottom line: sh1t sticks to it all the time and it doesn't just come off with a little scraping... it takes a sink, water, soap, and a scrub brush.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I was inspired.
Dug mine out, cooked a nice steak and made some mashed potatoes to go with it.
So good...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I'm almost as big of a pussy as those cowards who pay people to abuse animals. I mean abusing innocent animals is bad enough, but you can't even do it yourself, sounds like you have the grand canyon between your legs
Sport hunting......... thats abusing innocent animals...... When you pay someone to kill an animal for food purposes, your actually contributing to an animal being killed in a humane fashion, but mroe importanly most everything ends up being used in some fashion.

Your also talking to a guy who has no problem whatsoever hunting for his own food, fishing for food........ No grand canyon here..... I eat what God intended my body to have..... thats meat, and veggies...... Its in our design... <for those that dont belive in GOD> Even if your not a beliver, look at how our bodies are built, your built to eat meat as part of your diet, you can find proteins elsewere.... but Meat is the best supply.

Ok everyone here talking about how hard it is to clean these......... Stop trying to clean it cold....... Cleaning these is friggin EASY, and I will list up the methond which takes moments.

1, cook your food
2, when your done before you unplug it, while its still hot....... Throw a wet as spaper towel in it..... let it cook the PT for about a minute or three.... open, remove paper towel.... wipe off.
3, unplug, let cool and put it away

The wet paper towel will steam everything loose, very easy cleaning method.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I must have the Gourmet version. It seems to have some kind of Teflon on it. The little plastic cleaner thing is just the right size to clean out the grooves. I leave it out on the porch ready to go. Cooks fish like a mohamby. Grilled Trout fillets FTW!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I must have the Gourmet version. It seems to have some kind of Teflon on it. The little plastic cleaner thing is just the right size to clean out the grooves. I leave it out on the porch ready to go. Cooks fish like a mohamby. Grilled Trout fillets FTW!
I actually have two of them, the small one is great when I am solo at home, wife and mother lin law gone Etc Etc... cook upa sammie, a burger, bacon what not....... small and easy, but we have the big one two with temp control and all....... Great for trout Fillet's... or any other fish for that matter.

The coating is great, the biggest thing like I said though for cleaning.... clean it right away.... if its hard, little steam does wonders.

Gotta ask... what are you doing for your trout fillet's?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I actually have two of them, the small one is great when I am solo at home, wife and mother lin law gone Etc Etc... cook upa sammie, a burger, bacon what not....... small and easy, but we have the big one two with temp control and all....... Great for trout Fillet's... or any other fish for that matter.

The coating is great, the biggest thing like I said though for cleaning.... clean it right away.... if its hard, little steam does wonders.

Gotta ask... what are you doing for your trout fillet's?
Smear "I can't believe it is not butter" light all over it with sea salt and white pepper. I put the skin side of the fillet down and put toothpicks on top. I roll the chunks of fish off the fillets before I eat them as I am paranoid about bones... I give the cats the leftover skin part. They fight over it. I tried olive oil. It worked no better and smoked like a bitch. Rosemary burnt up too.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Sport hunting......... thats abusing innocent animals...... When you pay someone to kill an animal for food purposes, your actually contributing to an animal being killed in a humane fashion, but mroe importanly most everything ends up being used in some fashion.

You're kidding right??? feed lots, partial kills, and death in transit are COMMON, various meat industries have published statistics on this. The treatment of animals on farms is the EXACT reason I don't eat meat

Your also talking to a guy who has no problem whatsoever hunting for his own food, fishing for food........ No grand canyon here..... I eat what God intended my body to have..... thats meat, and veggies...... Its in our design... <for those that dont belive in GOD> Even if your not a beliver, look at how our bodies are built, your built to eat meat as part of your diet, you can find proteins elsewere.... but Meat is the best supply.
I will agree with you on all points there. Shooting a deer and killing it before it hits the ground is fine with me, the thing got to live a full life, then got killed for food. That's nature, and meat is also the best source of protein.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Smear "I can't believe it is not butter" light all over it with sea salt and white pepper. I put the skin side of the fillet down and put toothpicks on top. I roll the chunks of fish off the fillets before I eat them as I am paranoid about bones... I give the cats the leftover skin part. They fight over it. I tried olive oil. It worked no better and smoked like a bitch. Rosemary burnt up too.
Nice.... Im a firm beliver..... good ingredients, done right is way better than alot of stuff to cover up a crappy job. Probably my favorite wayt o do trout right there.... simple, butter, salt and pepper..... Maybe a squeeze of lemon.

Here try this for your fillet's, helps with the bones. No ribs just the pins, which you can pull out easily with a pinboning tool.... basically tweezers.
I know this is a video of panfish, but works for trout as well..... Dont even need to gut them with this method...