Quantcast

Fort William World Cup - Live Thread

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
He got 3rd at Ft. William last year I believe
Right you are, I'd totally missed that - I always think of him as being a tiny guy that excels on technical stuff, didn't realise he could mix it up on the big tracks too!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Intense Proto M9's, 3 in the top 20!! I am doing cautious backflips for Matti right now. Love that kid. I think it's safe to say Minnaar owns Ft. Will.
I hope Sam is ok, Aaron Gwin= go USA!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Joey Schusler, do we know if he had issues, thats 2 world cups he didnt quali, I was hoping to see him quali here....anyone know what happened?

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Gwin for the motherf*cking win! It rhymes because it's destiny!

Sick top 5, underdog convention. If only it was strobel, stevie and schusler instead of the Kiwis, but it's good to see Lehikoinen back at it.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Yeah they kept on showing hill with slow split times, but then removing them. I think whenever someone went through a split whatever system UCI uses was trying to tag it as a rider who hadn't yet come down - i.e. Hill. Might be linked to the dodgy times we're seeing for Cole/Blenki too. Blenki MIGHT have qualified that well, even though I'd say the course doesn't play to his strengths, but I'm not buying Cole placing that highly at all - he's been ~60th in previous years.
Don't be so quick to right Cam off, he is a solid top 10 rider, 90kg plus, and has started to take his **** serious and it is paying off. Not a former junior world champ for nothing. He was on for a solid top 10 at Worlds last year but snapped a chain. Hopefully he smashes it tomorrow, my experience with racing World Cups is that splits can and have been wrong frequently, whereas final run times are always correct, so if anything UCI gave Cam a slower split when it should have been higher. Split times have been done manually in the past as in a person with a little button so yeah, hopefully Cam smashes it tomorrow!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
There's been no hating yet, but people on here always say that the girls look pretty lame in the 4x...

I'm no Gracia, but I rode with Katy Curd a few months back, and she put me to shame - I'm fairly sure the top girls would school most of the haters on here!

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I'm no Gracia, but I rode with Katy Curd a few months back, and she put me to shame - I'm fairly sure the top girls would school most of the haters on here!
Ohhh..they would school 93%-96% of the people on here.....

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Can someone remind me what intervals they go at in the men's DH final? Is it every minute, and then every 4 minutes for the top 10? Or something like that?

(I know the coverage starts at 2pm but I'll be out, want to work out what time I need to be home to ensure I see the last 20!)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
"4.8.037 Riders in the final shall start at intervals of no less than one minute. The last 10 riders shall start at
intervals of at least 2 minutes. The intervals between the riders can be modified by
the President of the commissaires panel."

So top 20 will start at 3pm, baring any course closures.

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
any word on Sarsha Huntington. She stacked pretty badly and had to be stretchered off. Hope she's ok. One thing is for sure: randall aint getting any tonite (u got to know what's on her helmet to undersatnd that one :P )

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
This has easily become the biggest world cup. Thousands of people, all paying good money to get in and watch and deal with huge bus lines etc. The Dh and 4X courses were lined all day. So rad. The good weather can't be hurting either!

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Sounds sweet! I remember worlds up there, the place was rammed, gotta be good for the sport!

Any decent pics of the woods section Transcend?

Great to see another 22 (unless I miscounted) Brits qualify for the final :D

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2003
A, A
does anyone have a full quali list somewhere? cant find it on UCI or anywhere.

Also 4x results...I'm guessing graves smoked everyone?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
does anyone have a full quali list somewhere? cant find it on UCI or anywhere.

Full DH quali results are at the bottom of the news stories on the front page of my site - sorry, too lazy/busy to find the URLs and paste them here - see link in my sig.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
You got that right! He even unclipped right after the snap in one of the first rounds and still managed to get the lead into the first turn!:eek: He also flatted in an other round.

Final was good with, in the final order:

1. Graves
2. Joost the Boost
3. Prokop
4. Saladini

blackspire

Monkey
Jul 19, 2007
For some reason I can't watch any of the streams or videos on Freecaster, does anyone have the same problem? The circle in the middle just keeps spinning, but it never loads. Wanna watch the race :(

spinner

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Australia
For some reason I can't watch any of the streams or videos on Freecaster, does anyone have the same problem? The circle in the middle just keeps spinning, but it never loads. Wanna watch the race :(
I tried to watch the 4X replay , it played 5 second grabs , buffered , played , buffered etc etc......then after 5 minutes the player returned to the home screen. I don't hold much hope for the live DH.

Maribor DH was the same for me , almost unwatchable (although the replay worked fine the next day)

It's downright depressing....... :cray:

I.van

Monkey
Apr 15, 2007
Australia
No probs for me.

The DH coverage starts in 50min. In the mean time I have been watching the French MX GP. Freecaster rocks.