Quantcast

Fort Willy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
In the Downtime podcast, Chris Kilmurray was speculating that this track favors big, tall, heavier riders. He mentioned that Benoit might be a good pick, besides Amaury of course.
Yes Sir,Benoit is my pick to win. No Respect,No Respect I tell you. I have been tryin to tell ya.
Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Yes Sir,Benoit is my pick to win. No Respect,No Respect I tell you. I have been tryin to tell ya.
Avy
I also must say,I am without the outcome of calling the future of my All time Favorite! My Gwin,I can not get any type of feeling on him to have a call?

Avy

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
other pit bits are up on vital, but also this course preview:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
other pit bits are up on vital, but also this course preview:
Jackson getting his huck on

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
He just sold his house in SoCal for $4 million, all that coin in his pocket will likely slow him down.
I don’t think his pocket is full at all. I think he lost money on the House.

I am a Glazier of 20 years and have done many a House like this. All of those Sliding Doors and Windows are made by FleetWood,they are located in Carona CA. It looks tome, about 300 k just to purchase. I also do the glass railing,showers,and mirror’s. FleetWood are overpriced and the Windows Leak. My Boss has been sued a couple of times. Every body around here in Bay Area,has them. I am talking about a Huge House,not a small cute normal house.

The Vent’s on the sliding Window are so heavy to slide,it takes Two Men to Lift it and put into the Frame. Worse,is the tiny little wheels they have on them,making it feel like you are pulling a sack of dirt to close It. I noticed in his Master,no window will open. Bad Call.

Nothing about this House and Price make any sense to me. Price was a Steal for whoever bought it. Property Tax will be Very High,but a Great Purchase none the less.

He bought a spot of Dirt for his House. I don’t think it had any hookups? Water,Gas,Sewer etc? If it did,that would be great for Gwin,if not,mad money to hook up. I don’t know any of those details but it is Big Money. No Solar? Really,I can not think of a better Spot. Mabye there is I don’t know. Somthin ain’t right.

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I think Gwin could have gotten a whole lot more for his house if there hadn't been a "glazier" peering through the bathroom window every time a prospective buyer came round for a veiwing

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I think Gwin could have gotten a whole lot more for his house if there hadn't been a "glazier" peering through the bathroom window every time a prospective buyer came round for a veiwing
Go back to ya Beer you Cunt.

Avy

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
I don’t think his pocket is full at all. I think he lost money on the House.

I am a Glazier of 20 years and have done many a House like this. All of those Sliding Doors and Windows are made by FleetWood,they are located in Carona CA. It looks tome, about 300 k just to purchase. I also do the glass railing,showers,and mirror’s. FleetWood are overpriced and the Windows Leak. My Boss has been sued a couple of times. Every body around here in Bay Area,has them. I am talking about a Huge House,not a small cute normal house.

The Vent’s on the sliding Window are so heavy to slide,it takes Two Men to Lift it and put into the Frame. Worse,is the tiny little wheels they have on them,making it feel like you are pulling a sack of dirt to close It. I noticed in his Master,no window will open. Bad Call.

Nothing about this House and Price make any sense to me. Price was a Steal for whoever bought it. Property Tax will be Very High,but a Great Purchase none the less.

He bought a spot of Dirt for his House. I don’t think it had any hookups? Water,Gas,Sewer etc? If it did,that would be great for Gwin,if not,mad money to hook up. I don’t know any of those details but it is Big Money. No Solar? Really,I can not think of a better Spot. Mabye there is I don’t know. Somthin ain’t right.

Avy
I watched that video, legit cribs level house. By the amount of detail and thought he put into it its no wonder his results have fallen off. Dude has some OCD attention to detail. The coolest part of that video was him showing his old Yetis and Trek. Made me wonder where the Demo's and YT rigs were? Nuts to think how many different race bikes he was dominant on.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Curious to see if Fearon is running that Dreadnought at 150mm still or if he will push it out more or ride something else. 150mm-ish of rear on that stuff must be friggen tough, especially on flat pedals.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
A few years back I did 6 full runs in a day at Fort William on this:
_20220520_225019.JPG

a 120mm FS DJ bike. There's no way I'd ever ride something that short on anything but flat pedals. Riding it really wasn't that bad. Quite a bit slower than Conner goes though ;)

The first minute of the track is actually pretty smooth. Then after the relentless rockgarden and manky woods it becomes fairly flat and smooth again all the way from the Silverline wallride to Tissot jump into the finish arena.

Plenty folk have raced it on hardtails

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
A few years back I did 6 full runs in a day at Fort William on this:
View attachment 176681
a 120mm FS DJ bike. There's no way I'd ever ride something that short on anything but flat pedals. Riding it really wasn't that bad. Quite a bit slower than Conner goes though ;)

The first minute of the track is actually pretty smooth. Then after the relentless rockgarden and manky woods it becomes fairly flat and smooth again all the way from the Silverline wallride to Tissot jump into the finish arena.

Plenty folk have raced it on hardtails
And You're still defending the gnarlyness of Ft. Bilbo??

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
And You're still defending the gnarlyness of Ft. Bilbo??
Where was I defending anything?
Ft William WC DH track isn't a difficult track to ride down at all. it's not even steep. But it is a very tiring track due to it's overall length and the length of the roughest middle part of the track and it's a whole different thing riding it at WC speed to riding it at punter speed. Due to its high average speed and the roughness crashes there can definitely be gnarly.
Although not the most sensible option I'd have thought most WC tracks could be ridden down on a hardtail

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Where was I defending anything?
Ft William WC DH track isn't a difficult track to ride down at all. it's not even steep. But it is a very tiring track due to it's overall length and the length of the roughest middle part of the track and it's a whole different thing riding it at WC speed to riding it at punter speed. Due to its high average speed and the roughness crashes there can definitely be gnarly.
Although not the most sensible option I'd have thought most WC tracks could be ridden down on a hardtail
A wise man once said - "the best DH tracks aren't hard to ride, they're hard to ride fast"

Also, Bruni out with failed collarbone. Damn

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Damn. Nekos project is not off to a good start this year. I was hoping not qualifying in Lourdes was a fluke. No Bulldog either. Shit. And Gwin…wtf is going on there.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Damn. Nekos project is not off to a good start this year. I was hoping not qualifying in Lourdes was a fluke. No Bulldog either. Shit. And Gwin…wtf is going on there.
He not-qualified before Gwin though, so clearly his Session works better than Gwin's. However, the original Session seems to be still the best.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Gwin had to have had a mechanical or something?
I would have to assume he could qualify better than that on a clapped out rental bike

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Gonna be a good race!

Would love to see Laurie deliver.

The juniors are super impressive.

Clearly Bruni has a Willy on his back. Hope he's back in the mix soon. The way that dude operates, he'll probably win here next year.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
wait a minute....wait just a fuckin minute. it's one day to race and we have zero @jackalope commentary. i need to hear about @Gary riding a haggis-powered 26" e-roadbike to the win or something!
@jackalope has been forgetting his pre-race oracle duties since a long time ago. The pandemic reclusion probably convinced him to finally give up on civilization and move to that secret trail with the couch jump.

Maybe we should send @SuboptimusPrime to preach the benefits of ubiquitous internet connectivity and social media?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Gwin had to have had a mechanical or something?
I would have to assume he could qualify better than that on a clapped out rental bike
No news at all? This is so frustrating not watch.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
So lemme gett this straight: After selling his house Gwin is going to destroy the Frenchies by riding on a leaky window with tiny wheels?
No Brother,his windows are leaking no more,he sold it. I think you are confused. Gwin is my Favorite,Benoit is my pick to Win. All you cunts Here Love the Frenchies. I have a feeling on this Guy,I am sticking with it.

Avy