Quantcast

Fox 40 Rebound...Stuck on?

pbskis14

Chimp
Apr 24, 2003
Hey Monkeys

So headed up to Jiminy Peak, MA today for some riding/watching the ECCC race. Bike was nice and clean, ready to go.

After my first run my 40's rebound was basically stuck on. I backed the rebound knob full out and the rebound was still 100% on (so much so I could hardly pull the bars up when riding). I usually run my rebound real quick up front for better traction etc.

Struggled through the rest of the day and planed to open up the dampening cartridge tonight. I was expecting a broken shaft or loose part but to my surprise everything looks good. (would have been easier if something was blatantly snapped) So now I'm puzzled and not sure where to go from here..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Everything looks good here...

-Pete

Npdh

Monkey
Apr 29, 2007
Hey Monkeys

So headed up to Jiminy Peak, MA today for some riding/watching the ECCC race. Bike was nice and clean, ready to go.

After my first run my 40's rebound was basically stuck on. I backed the rebound knob full out and the rebound was still 100% on (so much so I could hardly pull the bars up when riding). I usually run my rebound real quick up front for better traction etc.

Struggled through the rest of the day and planed to open up the dampening cartridge tonight. I was expecting a broken shaft or loose part but to my surprise everything looks good. (would have been easier if something was blatantly snapped) So now I'm puzzled and not sure where to go from here..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Everything looks good here...

-Pete

Again, sorry for my english...ins't the best...

What do you mean with Stuck on ??

I had a rebound problem with my ex cart to.

I bleed it, and it work just fine a few moments, and the.... it just start to be slow and stuck.

After bleeding the catrigde a few times I realize that it was because the cart was sucking air from the bell.

The Oring on the LSC just blew up and suck air every time that the fork was in rebound stage. That made my rebound sucks.

So.I hope that woul help you... Check if there is any oring or any part that the cart could suck some air.

MrPlow

Monkey
Sep 9, 2004
Toowoomba Queensland
I wonder if that is why my fork is leaking at the moment?
Anyway, wind your rebound right out and have a look in the hole to the left of the piston, is the needle right out, it might be stuck?

pbskis14

Chimp
Apr 24, 2003
So I should be able to see a Needle moving up/down as I rotate the rebound knob in the far left hole?

Ill check when I get home from work tonight. Any idea how to remove the piston from the rod so I can access the needle if it is indeed stuck? Thinking possibly the pin has disconnected from the shaft.

-Pete

MrPlow

Monkey
Sep 9, 2004
Toowoomba Queensland
You need to unscrew the top cap from the shaft. Inside is the shaft that pushes on the needle it just floats in there. The you can push the needl out if you remove the piston assembly.