Quantcast

Fox DHX Air info?

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
saw this listed on the yeti website for the yeti 575. couldn't find info on fox's website or other sites. any info on what this shock is all about? I assume it combines the tunability of the DHX coil shock, but with a large-volume air spring...

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
it does exist just not for meer mortals also the ava will be available and im almost 100% sure that both will be available in sizes up to 3.0x9

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
Dirtbike said:
Pics? It does not exist until we see pics.
we were not allowed to take pix but i have seen it in person and it does exist...looks identical to a regular DHX but instead of a coil spring it has an air sleeve over that portion of the shock.

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW

Attachments

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I smell photoshop.
I don't doubt the DHX Air exists, but this isn't it."
Skull - It does "exist" - go to Yeti's website and look up the specs for their 575... it's listed as one of the shock options...

As far as that photo being from PhotoShop, I doubt that. Reason being that a lot of manufacturers release new product in other countries before debuting it in the states... Maxxis has done this with their Tubeless DH tires: UST Highrollers and Minions were available in 2.5" AND 2.7" sizes in Japan and Germany as early as August of last year... considering I found that photo by typing in Google a search for "Fox DHX Air" and came up with the wierd German site, I doubt it. It's not impossible tho...

V-10 I see that you're sponsored by Yeti, so I'm guessing if that's really the case - you're in the know... I just love the progression of technology that's been happening lately in DH. Gets me stoked to tune my rig and ride... :D

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
S.K.C. said:
As far as that photo being from PhotoShop, I doubt that.
If you look for the original thread on mtbr, it is revealed that the guy that posted it actually photoshopped it. He did a good job of it, but that picture is not real.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
....LOL - Really? - I didn't get that far in the post.... O.K., so I was smelling some PhotoShop and gettin loopy off it.....

My bad.... wonder what it will look like tho...

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
S.K.C. said:
Skull - It does "exist" - go to Yeti's website and look up the specs for their 575... it's listed as one of the shock options...
Yep. That's why I said in my original post that I don't doubt it exists.

I was merely pointing out that this wasn't an actual image of the shock.

I'm anxious to see what it actually looks like too. Maybe at Sea Otter? I'm bringing the camera for sure.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
I did see one at N* last year. It just looked like a long ass Float or RP3. It was on a DHR ridden by a known Fox test rider...................Ahem... Forrest.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Hmmm... how much $$$ do you guys e-speculate it'll be???

Don't air shocks have a tendency to be a little sticky on the initial stroke because of the tight seals it has??

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I'll e-spec that it will be similar in cost to the regular dhx, if not cheaper.

As for stiction, I'll wait to try it but based on some of the larger volume fox shocks I've ridden, a larger volume air shock should have much better small bump performance than the smaller volume/high pressure shocks of old. I've tried a few different volme settings on an AVA air shock on my heckler and the larger volumes are less sticky and have a more linear feel. I actually prefer a smaller volume canister on that bike but that's part of the beauty of adjustable volume shocks - they can work for a lot of different preferences and frames.

So a DHX air with adjustable volume, independent platform damping, and ligher weight sounds like the shizz to me. I'll be the guniea pig, sign me up.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Well the DHX isn't completely out there when it comes to price so having an air shock that does the same thing, is lighter and e-speculated to be the same price or cheaper...sounds like the perfect answer.

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
dhtahoe said:
I did see one at N* last year. It just looked like a long ass Float or RP3. It was on a DHR ridden by a known Fox test rider...................Ahem... Forrest.

That was just the longer AVA but not the DHX verison, towny.

Also That photo is close to what it looks like but it not. It pretty bad ass.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...Intenseman - Holy sweet Jesus, if that is the real deal from the new Fox Catalog the DHX Air looks fu@kin SICK... :blah:

A sales rep from Fox named Seth said it would be available in May of this year - Look at the first page of this thread and you'll see where I posted a link to the webpage...

As soon as it becomes available my Swinger is being de-commissioned...

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
So, will I be able to get it in a remote res to fit my DHR? Or perhaps I could swap the end caps and make a DHX air into a remote?

The future of suspension is air.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i dont think its a good idea to put that on your v-10, it will screw up the vpp, it need to have its 'speet spot' to work properly.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I'm sure that an 8.75x2.75 will become available if not initially shortly thereafter. Or at least that's what I'm hoping. :D