Quantcast

%*% Frayed derp %*%

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Where is the next iron baboon race?
Sept 30. Ironman Chattanooga. Four more weeks of training. I'm in the real meaty part of training right now.

How much climbing against that distance?
About 5000'. Not terrible but a majority of that climbing was in the middle 25 miles. It took some life out of my legs and the last 20 miles were a real grind. 90 degrees with a 75 dew point did not help.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got in 7 runs down Bromont. All but the first were in the pissing rain. I think it gets easier in the wet, but the wooden stuff sketches me out. Finished the day off by crushing another double black.

Great day and the bike survived the rox. Definitely a bit more challenging on a bike with 125mm travel vs coming here with a DH bike 5 years ago.

Love these trails though. Not much progression is available; pretty much goes from fireroad straight to rocks, roots and more rocks. The trails just get steeper as the rating goes up.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Got in 7 runs down Bromont. All but the first were in the pissing rain. I think it gets easier in the wet, but the wooden stuff sketches me out. Finished the day off by crushing another double black.

Great day and the bike survived the rox. Definitely a bit more challenging on a bike with 125mm travel vs coming here with a DH bike 5 years ago.

Love these trails though. Not much progression is available; pretty much goes from fireroad straight to rocks, roots and more rocks. The trails just get steeper as the rating goes up.

mmmmm....steeps....LEAFY STEEPS
3007B95C-E45E-436E-9F84-403D02192C7F.jpeg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
And it's raining again. :mad:
Survived work fine today, by 4PM everyone turned into a pussy and refused to go for a drink so I just went home, regreased bearings in front hub and in BB, I may do a quick spin around the block now to see how bad I fucked up the job and then will drown my frustration with the weather in a few Hendick's G&Ts.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Too much rain this vacation.

Went into the city last night. Tapas for dinner that were fantastic, haven't been able to spend 2+ hours at dinner since before kids. Afterwards went a few blocks up to a small brewpub and had some amazing ipas. Crepes for breakfast before heading back to the kids.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Such tiny wheels...
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

Too much rain this vacation.

Went into the city last night. Tapas for dinner that were fantastic, haven't been able to spend 2+ hours at dinner since before kids. Afterwards went a few blocks up to a small brewpub and had some amazing ipas. Crepes for breakfast before heading back to the kids.
what city?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
FTS.

Rd 3 in place for Monday morning, now with director level. Wifey is very hesitant re: insurance and loss to vacation. We need to discuss it in more detail over the weekend. Insurance is a serious issue in our house, especially because I can't have my neurologists change. We'll see how it goes, but the scale is starting to lean away.
Yea I don't know why you're even bothering

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
OMG. I just finally watched Deadpool 2. I almost peed lauching at the end credits. Wifey got mad at me for waking her up I was laughing so hard. How did I wait this long?!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
God damn. Three trail runs at Bromont and my hands are cooked.

We were just forced onto trail 18 (double black) due to trail closures. Holy fuck, I didn't die but that was a little much for riding the Transition Scout. My brake pads are cooked... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh look and its beer o clock.

@Jozz your province is the bestest.
It use to be we had to go to VT to ride good stuff, now we have trails that are much more fun than what is being built south of the border!

Have you been to Vallée Bras du Nord and Sentiers du Moulin? Only crap part about QC is you have to pay everywhere to ride... we are so distinct....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It use to be we had to go to VT to ride good stuff, now we have trails that are much more fun than what is being built south of the border!

Have you been to Vallée Bras du Nord and Sentiers du Moulin? Only crap part about QC is you have to pay everywhere to ride... we are so distinct....
Yeah I've been to Vallee Bras du Nord twice. Two years ago, after your suggestion I think, and then again this summer. Its a great place.

Still have yet to do some of the other places in the area.

It looked like when we got up to Neilson Est, Mad Max had just opened. It added to the climb, but that little descent was steep and super loamy.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yeah I've been to Vallee Bras du Nord twice. Two years ago, after your suggestion I think, and then again this summer. Its a great place.

Still have yet to do some of the other places in the area.

It looked like when we got up to Neilson Est, Mad Max had just opened. It added to the climb, but that little descent was steep and super loamy.
Then, you HAVE TO get to Sentiers du Moulin, if you like steep and gnarly! So many cool hand built trails!

Which trails did you do at Bromont?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Then, you HAVE TO get to Sentiers du Moulin, if you like steep and gnarly! So many cool hand built trails!

Which trails did you do at Bromont?
Noted. Sentiers du Moulin is definitely on the list of places to go.

This time around we stuck to mostly the blue DH trails. I was riding my Transition Scout and it was wet out (thats my excuse); but I did do #20 once. I think this trip was the first time that I rode #17 too. Wow that trail has some sharp as fuck rocks at the beginning, nothing like the rest of the rocks on the hill haha.

It was interesting to see all the work they've done there since I last went; including all the blasting on one of the hills and at the top for the new gondola. Kind of sad that the middle of the World Cup trail is pretty much gone though.

I wiped out HARD on #51; hit this little wooden bridge after a rock garden, only to find that the bridge was soaking wet and slippery as snot. Ended up b-lining it right off the bridge and into the bush and screwed my hands up.

Next day I took it easy and rode to the Reseau du Mont-Oak trails from the camp site. Not a bad little local spot.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Noted. Sentiers du Moulin is definitely on the list of places to go.

This time around we stuck to mostly the blue DH trails. I was riding my Transition Scout and it was wet out (thats my excuse); but I did do #20 once. I think this trip was the first time that I rode #17 too. Wow that trail has some sharp as fuck rocks at the beginning, nothing like the rest of the rocks on the hill haha.

It was interesting to see all the work they've done there since I last went; including all the blasting on one of the hills and at the top for the new gondola. Kind of sad that the middle of the World Cup trail is pretty much gone though.

I wiped out HARD on #51; hit this little wooden bridge after a rock garden, only to find that the bridge was soaking wet and slippery as snot. Ended up b-lining it right off the bridge and into the bush and screwed my hands up.

Next day I took it easy and rode to the Reseau du Mont-Oak trails from the camp site. Not a bad little local spot.
Kudos for you doing the DH trails on the Scout!

But, I have to tell you that you have yet to see the most fun trails on the mountains!

Angmar, Mordor, Litière du chaton, Coeur de Loup, La Rouche, Hummus, Violence Gratuite, Fugue du chaton, Fête à Bob.... just to name a few. Those are the most fun trails on the mountain and much much more well maintained. Like they say up there, Trust The Stock! ;)

https://www.trailforks.com/region/bromont/?lat=45.283897&lon=-72.639667&z=15&m=trailforks

There is also a lot of even gnarlier trails hidden here and there. All this talking makes me want to get back there asap! :)