Quantcast

$ Friday GMT *

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Anyone know what a front end (duh) ball joint job should run for a '13 Silverado? I got a free oil change at the dealership, and they told me I needed this, and it would cost ~$1500. Seemed like a 'we WILL find something wrong with your truck since we have it here' sort of deal to me...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Anyone know what a front end (duh) ball joint job should run for a '13 Silverado? I got a free oil change at the dealership, and they told me I needed this, and it would cost ~$1500. Seemed like a 'we WILL find something wrong with your truck since we have it here' sort of deal to me...
Dealership? They are probably just making it up.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
How you doing with tying your laces?! Ironically, I think these are the sandals I recommended:

well, maybe not ironic... but you know what I mean...
Haven't had to tie them :D Just been rocking the sandals which have elastic laces. Work safety shoes don't have laces.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Probably bullshit

Google "how to check your ball joints"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yup.

you're gonna like that bike.
It def felt more "familiar" in the medium... and getting the front end up was much easier (in the parking lot). They dropped a 50mm stem on it, so we'll see.

I really like the steep seat tube angle when I was climbing Apex at the last demo. Interested to see if it feels the same-ish with the medium frame.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yup.

It def felt more "familiar" in the medium... and getting the front end up was much easier (in the parking lot). They dropped a 50mm stem on it, so we'll see.

I really like the steep seat tube angle when I was climbing Apex at the last demo. Interested to see if it feels the same-ish with the medium frame.
halfway through the ride you're gonna be thinking about how to pay for one.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ummm, someone just walked into my office to say the freeway we use to get home is closed because of a chemical spill.

Look at all those donkey accidents....gonna be a long night. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
$20 says you have a bad starting capacitor.

A $20 part that will cost you $500 to have replaced.
Now that I know it's the Flux capacitor, I will take that bet. Repair men currently cycling through the settings on the new thermostat which was a mid 80s model with worn out bits... you know type.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I'm debating using Turo and renting out the Subaru when we aren't using it, which is most of the summer (outside of riding). $35 per day vs sitting on the street is good math to me. I'm also trying to get Wifey on board with me doing Uber/Lyft 1-2 weekends per month. It pays for the Infiniti payment and it's easy to just drive around. Hmm... I need to find better things to distract myself with.
Your free time is worth more than money. :monkey:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Yup.

curious to hear how it feels...i'm 6'1", 32 inseam, and always feel a bit cramped. the mt 1.0 in medium felt good but i wish i could throw a leg over a large to see if it felt too big. i, too, may be medium "plus"...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Large SB5.5 sitting in the back of the car currently, waiting for Wifey to get back from shopping with the key. Driving up to Oakland to ride some trails on I know on a bike that's a little too small (but feels better than the SC already).

Rental car company tried to give us two cars in our reserved range (Fusion and Elantra) but both reiked of smoke, so we said no. Ended up with an Infiniti Q60s, the 2-door sports car. Really not a reasonable car with the family, but fun as he'll. Good sample of what the M50s feels like from a power perspective, as it's the same drivetrain. You could probably get me out of the M for one of those.

The shop had a brand new, Yeti 4x hanging from the ceiling. Manager said they have never really tried to sell it but have had some people offer them super lowball prices. Sounds like the owner is planning on building it up as a 24" once his kid is big enough.