Friderpittyderpday

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
it’s a fire driven leaf blower, lol

View attachment 209059

will drain a 20lb cylinder in less than 5 min
Okay, gotcha. Was hoping it was moar like the giant annealing torches they use in hot the glass studio at Penland. I used to want one but no idea what I would use it for. Theirs was of course hooked up to built in gas lines.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Okay, gotcha. Was hoping it was moar like the giant annealing torches they use in hot the glass studio at Penland. I used to want one but no idea what I would use it for. Theirs was of course hooked up to built in gas lines.
Got a ton of wet and green vegetation to pile and burn before excavating the property. We used to use these when I was doing burns with the forest service. Start with a couple pallets as your pile, machine pile on top of them vertically and set the torch under the pallets for a couple min and the heat will cause you to step back 30 foot. Good white mans fire. I will end up using it again when I waterproof the ICF walls below grade as well as using it to bend and mold synthetic decking and laying down bitumen seals.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got a ton of wet and green vegetation to pile and burn before excavating the property. We used to use these when I was doing burns with the forest service. Start with a couple pallets as your pile, machine pile on top of them vertically and set the torch under the pallets for a couple min and the heat will cause you to step back 30 foot. Good white mans fire. I will end up using it again when I waterproof the ICF walls below grade as well as using it to bend and mold synthetic decking and laying down bitumen seals.
IMG_3061.jpeg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So the Japanese place by my work does a $10 tempura lunch. In that lunch is an amazing thing. BROCCOLI BALL. The chef takes an entire cluster of broccoli and fries it. It's the size of a grapefruit. There's sauce. BROCCOLI BALL.

Japanese blooming onion

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well. Follow-up interview set for Monday with a 1-1 with our Director of Private Wealth Management 1hr afterwards. The last interview is a mock client call. They've already given me the start date for the next group, so I can prep to wind down business as necessary.

Also, we apparently formed a large cornice on the house.
1000004599.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well. Follow-up interview set for Monday with a 1-1 with our Director of Private Wealth Management 1hr afterwards. The last interview is a mock client call. They've already given me the start date for the next group, so I can prep to wind down business as necessary.

Also, we apparently formed a large cornice on the house.
View attachment 209069
That gutter:
1710530172725.png

Will the basketball net survive? :popcorn:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I want to hit Squamish this Spring/Summer. When in May are you thinking of going?
His trip is mid-May, the 14-19th. Gonna have beers with him later to chat. To be honest, I think second half of summer into fall is the time to go, so the high country stuff up in Whistler is in. But, hopping on a guys trip to Squampton and doing lodging and transportation logistics on the cheap so we can spend more money on eating and drinking well while riding our faces off? Sounds a-pretty-pretty good.

will drain a 20lb cylinder in less than 5 min
Reminds me of a couple gals I went to college with in the 90s.

I'm a bad person, I'll see myself out.

did you go to Teton Tiger, tiger?
Great, now I'm hungry for beef Shanghai Noodles. FKNA that place is tasty.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hi all

getting some hot tub time in before heading to eldest kid’s belt test, then up to the mountains. Last week of Devo tomorrow for elder kids. Youngest should be in Devo next season, too

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Coworker alerted me to stealth layoffs that are supposedly occurring over the next few months. So that's cool. My anxiety isn't going to skyrocket or anything.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Coworker alerted me to stealth layoffs that are supposedly occurring over the next few months. So that's cool. My anxiety isn't going to skyrocket or anything.

What is a stealth layoff. Is that like with Milton in Office Space where they forget to tell you and keep paying you?

Do you get to keep your stapler?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What is a stealth layoff. Is that like with Milton in Office Space where they forget to tell you and keep paying you?

Do you get to keep your stapler?
Stealth layoffs as in no announcement, just people "leaving" over the course of a few months.

Probably just a salary dump to improve the books after a couple of bad quarters. There are a lot of directors of this and AVPs of that, basically lots of middle managers with a lack of doers. So it's a surprise layoff, but also not really.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Stealth layoffs as in no announcement, just people "leaving" over the course of a few months.

Probably just a salary dump to improve the books after a couple of bad quarters. There are a lot of directors of this and AVPs of that, basically lots of middle managers with a lack of doers. So it's a surprise layoff, but also not really.
In my GE days when they wanted to cut heads they would put low scored employees on a Personal Improvement Plan which was pretty much a 90 day yo gonna get shit canned warning. In most cases the shit-canning was justified, but there were managers who did it for personal grudges and political reasons.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A film crew is videoing a blind lady using a cane to walk across the street in front of my house so I dropped my pants and stood in the window.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
In my GE days when they wanted to cut heads they would put low scored employees on a Personal Improvement Plan which was pretty much a 90 day yo gonna get shit canned warning. In most cases the shit-canning was justified, but there were managers who did it for personal grudges and political reasons.
Not saying there isn't any dead weight in the org, cause there certainly is, but not sure if those numbers align with what friend was talking about.

Of course, we just finished with performance reviews, so the timing of this layoff is no coincidence.