Quantcast

%^% Fried hay %^%

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

this is about 2 blocks down on the same street that I have to cross with my son as we walk/bike to school. That road where the dumptruck in the picture is parked, is supposed to be a "complete street" with bike lanes and traffic calming measures. in fact, the truck is parked on the fucking bike lane. a friend of mine, and neighbour teaches at that school, and often bikes. I hope to Dawg its not her.

there is so much construction going on all around us at the moment. most drivers are confused or frustrated, and the amount of ass-hattery is astounding. but the drivers of those trucks need to be more aware of all other vulnerable road users. it makes me sick to my stomach.

edited to add another picture:
1686930891876.png

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@boostindoubles is this where you went?

This looks like an interesting site. Those, what I can only assume are steam powered turbines(?), look badass. And the building is so clean.

Do what your body tells ya to do. You got this, even if you have to take a break.
That site is in Southern Idaho, east of Craters of the Moon. It was a testing facility with the highest concentration of reactors on earth! Where the Idaho facility did testing, Hanford was a weapons manufacturing facility.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

this is about 2 blocks down on the same street that I have to cross with my son as we walk/bike to school. That road where the dumptruck in the picture is parked, is supposed to be a "complete street" with bike lanes and traffic calming measures. in fact, the truck is parked on the fucking bike lane. a friend of mine, and neighbour teaches at that school, and often bikes. I hope to Dawg its not her.

there is so much construction going on all around us at the moment. most drivers are confused or frustrated, and the amount of ass-hattery is astounding. but the drivers of those trucks need to be more aware of all other vulnerable road users. it makes me sick to my stomach.

edited to add another picture:
View attachment 195394
That's no good.

Dump truck drivers are something special, eh.

They are pretty much like the whole lifted truck Ram Bro culture, but only in giant trucks. They tail gate, speed around, zig zag through traffic, often fling rocks around etc etc

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The president of our company saw me putting into my coffee cup, so he gifted me his old office setup. :rofl:

PXL_20230616_180544029.jpg

It's been in a box for a couple decades.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I rode Apex/Enchanted. only two hikers where they shouldn't have been

working 1-4:45 or so from home in a bit

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
That's no good.

They are pretty much like the whole lifted truck Ram Bro culture, but only in giant trucks. They tail gate, speed around, zig zag through traffic, often fling rocks around etc etc
yeah. and there's at least 6 major construction sites in the area:
1. a new central library being built
2. bridge replacement on 417 (main 8 lane highway going through town)
3. two light rail stations being built
4. storm sewer mains being replaced downtown
5. condo tower being built
6. bridge reconstruction, and a whole new neighbourhood being built.

all those construction sites add up to (literally) tons and tons of massive trucks driving through the area. they're all impacting each other and slowing each other down. it's all happening in the downtown core, where a large portion of the population gets around on foot or by bike. they really need to put in place measures to protect that vulnerable population... sadly its not the first time a bike has been run over by a dump truck downtown...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
yeah. and there's at least 6 major construction sites in the area:
1. a new central library being built
2. bridge replacement on 417 (main 8 lane highway going through town)
3. two light rail stations being built
4. storm sewer mains being replaced downtown
5. condo tower being built
6. bridge reconstruction, and a whole new neighbourhood being built.

all those construction sites add up to (literally) tons and tons of massive trucks driving through the area. they're all impacting each other and slowing each other down. it's all happening in the downtown core, where a large portion of the population gets around on foot or by bike. they really need to put in place measures to protect that vulnerable population... sadly its not the first time a bike has been run over by a dump truck downtown...
I'm guessing the city didn't have the foresight to implement some sort of strict construction traffic route through the area. You'd still have the trucks, but at least you'd know what streets to not go on..

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
That's no good.

The saying can’t get a g.e.d. Get a CDL holds a little too true. 95% of dump truck drivers are doing good to get their shoes on the right feet. That being said I don’t know (the 5%) a few owner operators that are pretty decent folks and actually ride bikes too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The saying can’t get a g.e.d. Get a CDL holds a little too true. 95% of dump truck drivers are doing good to get their shoes on the right feet. That being said I don’t know (the 5%) a few owner operators that are pretty decent folks and actually ride bikes too.
They're friggin' wreckless around here a lot of the time. And if you see a truck that's missing one of its rear mud flaps, jesssuuusss, just take another road, it'll be safer. :fie:

1686945493978.png

What do you mean a dump truck landed in the middle of the expressway? :rofl:

Hmmm
1686945598471.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They're friggin' wreckless around here a lot of the time. And if you see a truck that's missing one of its rear mud flaps, jesssuuusss, just take another road, it'll be safer. :fie:

View attachment 195406
What do you mean a dump truck landed in the middle of the expressway? :rofl:

Hmmm
View attachment 195407

I appreciate the dumptrucks that have the "not responsible for road debris" signs on the back.

Well then, who is responsible for the constant stream of gravel pouring out of your overfilled truck with the cover not used?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
There are outliers in the General Aviation world, but almost no aircraft has metric hardware. :nerd:
I had a meeting last week with an “aerospace” company in which I actually had to ask them to warn me when they switched units during our conversation. “Well, this in tenths, but we do this in microns, this in inches again and we measure this in mm…” I may be exaggerating a little, but they were definitely mixing and matching their units…